Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - August 2015

I would like to join the garden club! I have 6 cards. 4 are brand new. Just want to baby them for now! =)
Message 751 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like to join the garden club! I have 6 cards. 4 are brand new. Just want to baby them for now! =)

Welcome! The rules are on the first page. We have a social every friday where we discuss various credit related topics and Bun generally goes around shooting people with a benedryl gun whenever they start itching to app. I think you're too new to add a seedling yourself, so if you would like one in your signature, please let us know and one of us will notify the mods to add it for you.

Message 752 of 1,370
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Wow, It's been a while since I've been on the forums. I've laid low since January of last year (I got myself into an an accident and the other driver had no insurance, so I've been paying off my cards for a while now. Total damage was around 10k, but I've managed to whittle it down 2,600 which I hope will be paid off in the next couple of months or so) and trying to not create any more debt (except gas and food, those are my only expenses at this point). However, I picked up a second job once again, and my income has gone up to 20k. When I'm done with this debt, I plan to app for the AA Plat, CSP, C1 Venture One, and possibly Fidelity Visa or AMEX and or the Citi DC. I'm aiming for three cards more and that's it for at least 3-4 years. I only have 4 inquiries on EX (but they are from December 2013 and January 2014, I don't think they matter much do they?) and I don't think I have any on the other two. Do I stand a chance at any of them when it comes time to apply in November? Discover and BOFA also gave me a CL increase back a few months ago, both Auto, which surpised me but I'll take it nonetheless.

Good to be back on the forum as well, it been a while. Hope the rest of you are doin well.

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 753 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went and refreshed my recollection of the GC rules. Ended up having to cosign for my sister's apartment with her and they are going to pull EX although the rental agent said they only do a SP, I wanted to make sure it didn't reset my gardening date.

Other than that, had a good birthday celebration yesterday and watching my scores continue to fall due to high utilization.

Message 754 of 1,370
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

GOOD Wednesday Morning Fellow GC Members!

It's a rainy day here, but I'm still all SMILES! My Equifax score went up 13 points, via my update from my Citi Double Cash card. Equifax has traditionally been my lowest score, so to see that increase is definitely something to SMILE about.  I'm FOCUSED and I hope you are too! Have a GREAT day!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 755 of 1,370
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@MissMoni223 wrote:

GOOD Wednesday Morning Fellow GC Members!

It's a rainy day here, but I'm still all SMILES! My Equifax score went up 13 points, via my update from my Citi Double Cash card. Equifax has traditionally been my lowest score, so to see that increase is definitely something to SMILE about.  I'm FOCUSED and I hope you are too! Have a GREAT day!!! Smiley Happy

Good for your thats a great feeling!

Message 756 of 1,370
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Happy Hump Day all.  Not feeling that great but im still pressing on..  This is the last week the kids are home.  Next week will be a new routine!

Message 757 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, still pretty new to the forum - but it's become one of my favorite places lol.

Decided I will enter the Garden for about a year.  I don't have many accounts, but I'd like to see some soft CLIs (which have been growing more common) with both my Discover and AMEX.  A year from now I plan on applying for the Chase Ritz, I'm not going to do much traveling this year, so I think it'd be more prudent to wait until then to take advantage of Marriot Gold Status & other benefits.

Message 758 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and good planning!!!!

Message 759 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

It gets better.   BK fell off TU and they gave a 25 point boost!

3B 8-18-15.jpg

WooHoo!   Way to end summer with a bang!!!

Message 760 of 1,370
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.