Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2015

tag
BUN
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2015

It

@Anonymous wrote:
Good afternoon everyone! Finishing up the guest list today. About 60 people confirmed so far.

In the credit world..finally checked my scores. Soo I consolidated all my debt onto one card. So before that card reported everything looked like it was paid off. Well now it reported and my scores dipped again! It's okay. Nothing is below 720 so I'm not worried..lol😃.

It's great to have the debt all in one place, huh?Smiley Happy So excited for the big wedding! I had the smallest wedding possible! My DH, the Hawaiian priest that married us right after a rigorous boar hunt, and sea turtles were our witnesses!Smiley LOL

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 991 of 1,370
BUN
Established Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@BUN wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

1 month today no apps. I got rid of my seedling. Smiley Happy  This is a great accomplishment for me since reubilding and going on an app spree.

Smiley Very Happy I knew you could do it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the motivation!

You're very welcome!Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 992 of 1,370
BUN
Established Contributor

@woodsie1 wrote:

So I'm officially going to garden until I'm ready to app for a mortgage. I finally have my coveted NFCU CC, so I have no reason to app for anything else. What can I do to pass the time??? LOL

Yay! I'm stuck here for 15 more months, so I welcome any and all company, short or long. (preferably long, I have abandonment issues! Smiley LOL)

Message 993 of 1,370
BUN
Established Contributor

Re: Friday! Yay!

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Missed the social again, but want to reply to the discussion.

From my own experience, I tell everyone to maintain their own accounts not to combine them. When I first married it was expected for couples to have a combined account – I never questioned that and completely, totally trusted my significant other. Twenty-seven years later, he decided he didn’t like being married after all and withdrew all of our earned incomes for himself from the bank. I was absolutely shocked! Never expected that type of behavior from him. So take it from me, do not combine incomes, don’t put others as authorized users on credit cards, forget about combing anything – it is just too risky even if you totally trust a person.

HOLY CRAP, REALLY??????Smiley Surprised THAT'S SO EVIL! I just am so sorry that happened to you. DH isn't an authorized user on ANY of my accounts, and I am only AU because I handle the finances, and need to be able to speak with the CC companies. It was very kind of him to trust me with making me an AU so that by the time I had cleared up my credit, I had 6 years of perfect payments behind me. All of those but 3 are in the SD. and sonce I took over, with the knowledge from these forums, I've been able to increase his score to 780! I made some changes and took the Toya r Us credit card  and ones like them, out of his wallet and SD'ed them. He would go all the time, and that interest rate was crazy! He also sat around and did it with paper bills old school with files. I removed that stress from him and the trees by turning on automatic payments and electronic billing. He is so much happier, and is so glad not to be doing it anymore.All the stores are SD'd with occasional shopping online to keep them open. Otherwise, trying to 0 out the home improvements I took on this summer. The mortgage is in his name, which I like. Once my credit is at a certain level, I want to buy an income property which will be in my name. That is one of the dasterdliest things I've heard all day!Smiley Mad HUGS!!

Message 994 of 1,370
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@sparkler:  Great that you remained in the garden.  Persevere.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 995 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Friday! Yay!

I have to agree on the keeping anything financial separate.  I remember 30 years ago when I first got married that my in-laws had separate checking accounts and they each paid certain bills and had their "own" money.  I thought that was very weird.  Remember, I was still in honeymoon phase and thought that those types of things were dumb.  A few years ago I found out just WHY you should keep things separated.  My DH is NOT a financially smart person. (for some reason those same in-laws did NOT teach any of their children how to be)  I never had my own credit and always relied on him for those things.  I found out the hard way that I need to take care of me and my own finances.  I am trying my hardest to instill that into one of my older children.  She is still very blind to the fact that if anything were to happen, she NEEDS good credit and to be able to take care of herself financially.  She's still newly married and her DH tells her what to do, which doesn't go over well with her mother.  Smiley Wink  I hear her call him and ASK if she can go to the store or buy something and it infuriates me.  She works too.  I told her to get her own checking account again and she thinks she doesn't need one.  She'll come around one day.  Soooooo, probably shouldn't have even replied to this post. LOL  I truly believe in keeping things separated because you NEVER know.

Message 996 of 1,370
Simply827
Established Contributor

AAoA finally crossed 6 years today!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 997 of 1,370
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@BUN wrote:

@woodsie1 wrote:

So I'm officially going to garden until I'm ready to app for a mortgage. I finally have my coveted NFCU CC, so I have no reason to app for anything else. What can I do to pass the time??? LOL

Yay! I'm stuck here for 15 more months, so I welcome any and all company, short or long. (preferably long, I have abandonment issues! Smiley LOL)

I'm gonna try and hang in here with you for at least 15 months myself.  I went ahead and froze my credit reports.  I need all the extra help I can muster!

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 998 of 1,370
Simply827
Established Contributor

Dinner looks good from last night. Any leftovers?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 999 of 1,370
BUN
Established Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

AAoA finally crossed 6 years today!

WOAH!!!Smiley Very Happy Someday!!

Message 1000 of 1,370
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.