Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - August 2015

Today, the boyfriend and I went Christmas shopping for the boy. We got everything on his Christmas list and some of it was on clearance. Score. We even got his birthday present out of the way. Holidays are done!

Message 1311 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Good afternoon!

Looks like new seedling Sallie Mae is reporting on the three CRAs.   All have called it a "Flexible Spending Credit Card"; TU and EX show the CL, but EQ does not.   Interesting.

Oh, and I was able to resolve my login issues with BoA yesterday.    Their site is meh and their app is just ancient.  Touch ID, anyone?    BBR is literally just going to get my recurring charge for my Disneyland AP and that's it.   Hopefully, I can set up autopay and just let this account run itself.   

How's your Gardening?

Agreed Sunrise about BOA website. I love Citi's site so much more and it is much easier to use. Friendlier too.I feel like I'm in the 1980's with BoA's card account site.

Message 1312 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in today. Hope everyone is doing well with their gardens. DW and I just finished watching Red Land win to make it into the Little League World Series finals tomorrow. Red Land is only about 20 miles west of us so we're really excited for them. 

I will get my bronze spade on September 2 and I'm in this for the long haul, but the past 2 days sure had some temptations. First, I got a pre-qual on a PNC rewards card - 0% APR for I believe 16 months, and then 13.9% after that (really a great offer IMHO) but just don't need it. Maybe after some of my rewards cards age a bit I'll cancel one and then see if a similar offer is available at that point. Then today I decided to take back my Fitbit that I bought last night at BJs and went to Best Buy to get the Fitbit Charge HR - which turns out to only be $15 more than the other. I kept seeing ads for the Best Buy card for 5% off or 10% off for first purchase. That was tempting! However, I really don't purchase much in a year's time from Best Buy so I just used my Sallie Mae as planned.

Wow the temptations are still there, even though I didn't app for many years prior to 2015.

Message 1313 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did some work with a colleague today for school work. Spent time ruminating about MR points and still waffling on encouraging or discouraging DH from getting a Plat.

And in oh-my-goodness-what-crazy-times-we-live-in news...I have a big fountain in my backyard that is made from some sort of mill stone. The water was way overdue to be drained and the water funk killed the pump. I wasn't sure it was dead, so I bailed most of the water, let the remainder dry up in our 100+ weather the last few days (sorry birds and bees) and finished cleaning it out and refilling it this evening about 6:15pm. Tried the pump and some water moved but it was not a happy pump. Then it died for sure. Amazon to the rescue. Guaranteed delivery tomorrow for about the same price I paid four years ago. Maybe a bit less. (plus gotta love Discover double cash back).  

Struggling prioritizing job#1, job#2, DH, animals, house, me, friends and family. Smiley Indifferent

Message 1314 of 1,370
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did some work with a colleague today for school work. Spent time ruminating about MR points and still waffling on encouraging or discouraging DH from getting a Plat.

And in oh-my-goodness-what-crazy-times-we-live-in news...I have a big fountain in my backyard that is made from some sort of mill stone. The water was way overdue to be drained and the water funk killed the pump. I wasn't sure it was dead, so I bailed most of the water, let the remainder dry up in our 100+ weather the last few days (sorry birds and bees) and finished cleaning it out and refilling it this evening about 6:15pm. Tried the pump and some water moved but it was not a happy pump. Then it died for sure. Amazon to the rescue. Guaranteed delivery tomorrow for about the same price I paid four years ago. Maybe a bit less. (plus gotta love Discover double cash back).  

Struggling prioritizing job#1, job#2, DH, animals, house, me, friends and family. Smiley Indifferent

stay away from that long thread on the plat signup bonus if you want to stay in the garden :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1315 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I've only been active on the site for a week or so now, but I've learned so much already. 

Ya'll are awesome. This gardening club is pretty sweet. I'm up for a new job that'll be really freaking great and will allow me to pay down the rest of my cards and really start to work on growing my cards and credit. 

I just gotta get through the final interview on Monday. I just have to remember to not apply or do anything stupid. It's so hard though. 

Message 1316 of 1,370
Crisis
Established Contributor

Hi All

After a long and depressing hiatus, I'm back.  Life kinda landed a steaming pile of ........ on my credit.  It was something I couldn't control, but I have started to make repairs. 

Because of the state of my credit, I'm not going to be apping any time soon.  I also don't really know what I would have apped for if I was doing so, so that's something.  The other something is the fact that I haven't apped since last July.  *Tries to remember the rules of the Garden Club to recall if that means I can start off a year in or do I have to start from when I said I'm gardening...*

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 1317 of 1,370
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking in today. Hope everyone is doing well with their gardens. DW and I just finished watching Red Land win to make it into the Little League World Series finals tomorrow. Red Land is only about 20 miles west of us so we're really excited for them. 

I will get my bronze spade on September 2 and I'm in this for the long haul, but the past 2 days sure had some temptations. First, I got a pre-qual on a PNC rewards card - 0% APR for I believe 16 months, and then 13.9% after that (really a great offer IMHO) but just don't need it. Maybe after some of my rewards cards age a bit I'll cancel one and then see if a similar offer is available at that point. Then today I decided to take back my Fitbit that I bought last night at BJs and went to Best Buy to get the Fitbit Charge HR - which turns out to only be $15 more than the other. I kept seeing ads for the Best Buy card for 5% off or 10% off for first purchase. That was tempting! However, I really don't purchase much in a year's time from Best Buy so I just used my Sallie Mae as planned.

Wow the temptations are still there, even though I didn't app for many years prior to 2015.

It's because you are more cognizant of the temptations now that you're "in to" credit card rewards. But realistically, you have to know when you don't need something, and it sounds like you do.

Anytime I am tempted by any "store deals" like Best Buy I remind myself that 98% of the time I can find the same or better percentage off if I make the purchase online with Discover Deals or Upromise, so there's no need to app for the store card.

Message 1318 of 1,370
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning! Bronze spade achievement after midnight. Although I dont need or want anything else credit card wise so its kind of like eh Smiley Tongue

Today is the day I finally start putting all this furniture together! What that really means is my big manly man friend will do all the work while I supervise. Smiley Very Happy Off to Target for some odds and ends plus new bathroom decor. Enjoy your day.
Message 1319 of 1,370
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Good afternoon!

Looks like new seedling Sallie Mae is reporting on the three CRAs.   All have called it a "Flexible Spending Credit Card"; TU and EX show the CL, but EQ does not.   Interesting.

Oh, and I was able to resolve my login issues with BoA yesterday.    Their site is meh and their app is just ancient.  Touch ID, anyone?    BBR is literally just going to get my recurring charge for my Disneyland AP and that's it.   Hopefully, I can set up autopay and just let this account run itself.   

How's your Gardening?

They've sent out e-mails saying there's going to be a revamp in the onine banking soon. FIA (Or Fidelity Amex) is horrible! I've had to call them about 10 times (no lie) because my user name kept being locked and the reset process was very lengthy..you had to create new security questions each and every single time plus select another security image and phrase. Finally was able to fix all of that by asking them to change my username. It worked after that though! But that site is ancient.

Message 1320 of 1,370
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.