Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2017

tag
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2017

Happy August Fellow GC Members!!!

I'm still here and OFFICIALLY in the 700 Club!!! I'm soooooo EXCITED!!! Gardening works.  So does discipline, self-control, and budgeting.  Stay focused on your credit goals. Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 41 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for August. My last app was a day short of 6 months but I'm picking up my gold spade as of today though I'm not sure how long I'll be carrying it... July brought my TU08 to an all-time high of 751 and I now have a $5k card from SP CLI's. All is well!

Message 42 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for August. My rebuild is a little over two years old. This month four more HP will fall off my reports. Very happy about that. Smiley Happy

Congratulations to everyone on your progress. Together we will make it to our goals! 

Message 43 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Present!!!!! Back in Aug. As seedling base on technicalities ....😵

LOL

Message 44 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been two years of rebuilding credit and I'm ready to garden for a long while...

Started with a secured $200 limit Capital One card, ended with an Amex Platinum and a car loan through MBFS at an amazing rate.  From mid 500's to mid 700's in two years....this place was a huge part of that.  My total available credit as of today is ~60k, util is less than 5%.

Time to let my AAoA mature, lets these inqs fall off, and just.....relax for a while.

Message 45 of 625
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Checking in for August.  Nothing new on the financial front.  I do have a problem though, my 13 year old car is beginning to give me some problems.  So, I have started looking on line at 2015 cars.  Darn, I don't want a car payment, but might have to bite the bullet.  Will hang on as long as I can.  Will be checking more scores to see if they have gone up any.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 46 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Checking in for August.  Nothing new on the financial front.  I do have a problem though, my 13 year old car is beginning to give me some problems.  So, I have started looking on line at 2015 cars.  Darn, I don't want a car payment, but might have to bite the bullet.  Will hang on as long as I can.  Will be checking more scores to see if they have gone up any.

Are the problems with your old car more expensive than a new car payment? I have a '90 DeVille and I wouldn't trade that car for anything in the world!! 

Message 47 of 625
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

I don't know, Gardener.  One thing that happened it our recent rash of rains is that there is a leak somewhere, the whole drivers sides floor and back seat floor were soaking wet.  So much so that we had to put towels in to try to get rid of the water.  Also, I notice last Saturday that the hood doesn't look like it is shut all the way on the driver's side, and now the hood will not open with the unlatch is pulled.  I am hoping that when the floorboards get dry, I can take the car in and have it looked at.  Just hoping it is nothing really costly.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 48 of 625
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

First month, no problem.  

Message 49 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still going. Happily hanging in.

Message 50 of 625
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.