Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2017

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2017

Wow, July flew by it seems like! Hope everybody is doing well & keeping on track with their goals!

I'm still buckling down to pay off my medical debt, but by the time I'm done paying it off I should be in the 770-780 score ranges, so that gives me a clear target to shoot for & hopefully keep my spending down to the minimum I need for everyday things. Smiley Happy

See you guys next month!

Message 71 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first time here and it is a scary thought.  I completely fell of the rails the last month or so and really need to chill out.  I am at over 147K in credit lines and will never in my lifetime need that much. Being approved is pretty intoxicating after getting declined for years and years.  In two years I have gone from low 500 scores to now owning a house, two cars with very low APR's and plenty of credit. At this point I need to shut it down and take the hit for the latest new accounts and AAOA damage.  

I am hoping to be here for two years but at the moment that seems unrealistic. I am honestly thinking of freezing my reports just because I cannot be trusted.  I have until 2020 to wait for my last baddie to fall off and I dont really need anything else. Wish me luck. Day 1 begins now.

Message 72 of 625
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Well that collection that was reported after I paid the original creditor is now reporting paid in full. My score rose 20 points (doesn't make up the 12 points it decreased due to the collection being placed in the first place). Hopefully it will fall off altogether after my dispute is completed and they find out it is erroneous. This is the way it happens right? A collection agency that was never paid can't report a collection paid, right? 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 73 of 625
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My first time here and it is a scary thought.  I completely fell of the rails the last month or so and really need to chill out.  I am at over 147K in credit lines and will never in my lifetime need that much. Being approved is pretty intoxicating after getting declined for years and years.  In two years I have gone from low 500 scores to now owning a house, two cars with very low APR's and plenty of credit. At this point I need to shut it down and take the hit for the latest new accounts and AAOA damage.  

I am hoping to be here for two years but at the moment that seems unrealistic. I am honestly thinking of freezing my reports just because I cannot be trusted.  I have until 2020 to wait for my last baddie to fall off and I dont really need anything else. Wish me luck. Day 1 begins now.

Welcome. This is a great place for support and fellowship!

Sounds like you've done well for yourself in rebuilding, and you're right, now it's time to take it easy.

Two years sounds like a long time, so I urge you to consider breaking up that goal into smaller chunks. Life changes, and your credit needs change - so rather than feeling like you failed for not lasting the 2 years, think about gardening in smaller blocks. I personally go for the monthly goal. I'm happy to make it to the next month, and then the next one, etc. Before you know it, you'll have a lot of months behind you.

Also, my CR are frozen, partly because, like you, I don't need the temptation, and I just need to keep my CRs safe from theft. 

Message 74 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got around to updating my new spade...

Won't you just look at that beautiful shiny PALLADIUM spade!!!!!!

I'll be seeing the Platinum spade before I get any new credit...

Message 75 of 625
Fraction
Valued Member

Checking in for August after missing my check-in in July (and maybe June?). I will pick up my Gold Spade at the end of this month. I was in the 700 Club on EX/TU, but I fell out when I allowed a larger balance to report. Should get those points back in August with the balance paid down.

Starting Scores: EQ - 624/TU - 627/EX - 645 (2/10/17)
Current Scores: EQ - 723/TU - 728/EX - 736 (5/8/18)
Goal Scores: 725 on all
Message 76 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for August. Hope everyone had a great July! Almost 2 months in the garden. 4 months to go. 

Message 77 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking in for August. Hope everyone had a great July! Almost 2 months in the garden. 4 months to go. 

The 4 months will fly by before you know it.

Message 78 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 months! Amex 3x to 9k. Going to see what cap one has to say about cli tomorrow. Not expecting much...barely use it! Happy gardening!
Message 79 of 625
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Mikpsdad1, page 8 for shame, for shameSmiley Wink
Message 80 of 625
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.