Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2017

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Gregory1776 being thst your account is new , i would just go for the 3x , as thats the tried and true method for free sp luv from Amex. Asking for more might be possible but may invite a hp. Lots of people get low sl and put tons through it and that sometimes doesnt sway Amex to give up the ghostSmiley Wink. Just think you could go to 6 then 18 in only 2 stepsSmiley Happy Patience is the key lol.

OK. Thanks, I cant wait to the 23rd! and than Febuary 23, 2018! I do hope they will give me 18,000 at that point, NOT that I'd come close to ever coming close to needing that much credit. Ill never spend more than 2,000 in a month!

Gardening since 7.8.17
Valued Contributor

Hey HoneyRock! Great work! I remember when you first started gardening. Smiley Happy

Do any of your other cards have 0% or low APR offers? I would go that route first before giving up your soon-to-be palladium spade! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 645; EX 679 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until 07/29/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

Hey Bella07... Thanks a bunch.  I have another card with a lower interest rate but the credit limit is just a small fraction of my large card.  BTW.... I pulled the soft pull trigger for one of my CC (not department store cards) and I got the increase.  YAY!!!! but again, not nearly as close to the large balance I'm looking to have placed on a low limit loan OR another CC.  So far my thoughts are a slow pay off so I can just stay in the garden but all thoughts and suggestions are apprecited.  I'm in here for a reason so I will always be open to suggestions that will help  Smiley Happy

Discharged Chp7: 1/15
CreditKarmaFako 8/17: TU724 EQ735
FICOSCORE8 8/17: EX640 EQ621 TU642
CardsInWallet: 7 Credit Cards | 13 Store Cards
Opened then Closed ~20 Store cards Jan 2016 totaling ~4k (I know SMH) | Boatload of INQ's | Last HP 08/20/17
********* Focused On The Garden for 24 months (Working towards a mortgage AND continuous Free Flowing SP CLI's)*********
Senior Contributor

Gardenining is all and well HoneyRock but if you"re paying 10k at 30% apr, yikes, i think it would be prudent or at least entertain options to find a cheaper way to pay it off. But only if it doesnt cost you more money lolSmiley Wink.

Hey Bella, last weekend i had free Hbo so i was able to record 1st 2 eps of GOT ! OMG awesome to say the least. Wonder if they take Amex?( hee hee, so this cant go to sbSmiley Wink
Senior Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

Guess who has today off from job A?  Smiley Happy

Honestly, I had forgotten that I had requested it... never got an approval or denial email, was updating my time card yesterday and saw that I have eight hours of PTO today and nothing on my calendar.  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Lots to do around the home front tho...and I'll go to job B this afternoon.

Hope you're all off to a good start! 

Last App: 09/26/16.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Valued Contributor

Bella007 wrote:

Checking in for August!

Committed to the garden, and letting my accounts age and grow. Looking forward to staying planted for a while! 

Garden strong everyone! Smiley Happy

+1..me tooo.....Smiley Happy

AmexPlat(NPSL) Amex BCP(26k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) NFCU CLOC(15K) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) NFCU VS Cash(12.5K) Venture WMC(10.25k) Walmart(10k) BofA BBR(10k) Lowes(10K) Discover(8.5k) Chase FU(7k) Pier 1(6.5k) BB Visa(6k) Care Credit (6k) J Crew(5.6k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) Barclaycard(5k) PenFed PCR(5K) Kohls(3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 720(15) EQ 670(16)TU 717(18) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=179,950
Senior Contributor

Hey!  Here's something I don't get to say often...

DW got a soft pull CLI this morning!  Woot!  Smiley Happy

Last App: 09/26/16.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Frequent Contributor

Happy Friday morning gang. My Open Sky reported a zero balance and my score went up 20 points. This credit stuff is easy. 

My NFCU card reported a larger than normal balance and it didn't change anything. It wasn't crazy but it was hovering around 50%. Gotta get that worked out next bonus check. But on the other side that IS my daily driver and all that. 

Hope everyone is doing well. I had one hard pull for my new apartment and a soft pull for ulities since I was already a customer. That one was a pleasant surprise. Just couting down until two more weeks when I can ask NFCu for a CLI. And maybe a second card to replace my Open Sky. Until then I'm gonna go eat some dirt or something. 

Starting Scores 03/17/2017 EQ 491 TU 495 EX465 Currently 08/11/2017 EQ 550 TU 553 EX 544

$300 Open Sky/ $2K NFCU CashRewards/$5.1K NFCU Flagship Rewards
Valued Contributor

HoneyRock wrote:

Hey Bella07... Thanks a bunch.  I have another card with a lower interest rate but the credit limit is just a small fraction of my large card.  BTW.... I pulled the soft pull trigger for one of my CC (not department store cards) and I got the increase.  YAY!!!! but again, not nearly as close to the large balance I'm looking to have placed on a low limit loan OR another CC.  So far my thoughts are a slow pay off so I can just stay in the garden but all thoughts and suggestions are apprecited.  I'm in here for a reason so I will always be open to suggestions that will help  Smiley Happy

Thank you for now inspiring me to garden!

Boy, it would be so good to get that balance on a lower APR. I see AJC had some thoughts, and I agree with him, but that is a decision you have to make as to which route you want to go, being slow paydown or getting that balance on a lower APR one way or another. Smiley Happy

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 645; EX 679 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until 07/29/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Gardening is very important.....

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!

Smiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.