Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2015

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2015

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok Im a total failure but it was a good learning experience Smiley Tongue I learned I need to be less impulsive and think things through!

What did you app for HF? 

Message 111 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok Im a total failure but it was a good learning experience Smiley Tongue I learned I need to be less impulsive and think things through!

Oh no! What did you app for? We were cruising towards the silver spade? Come back and see us soon! 😊

Message 112 of 799
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new, so I'm not sure what to post to join one of these garden clubs. I really have no need of more credit, and I want to garden while I let a ton of HPs go off my reports. I'm trying to rebuild my AAoA after a divorce forced me to refinance my mortgage and close out all my accounts that were 10-20 years old. Smiley Mad (I comfort myself with the knowledge that our excellent credit scores were due entirely to my careful husbanding of our accounts, so I predict that my former partner in crime will be seeing a downward slide in his credit scores and a very rude awakening indeed.)

I only had one car loan and one card held individually, that car loan matures in a few months, and the card is a Costco AmEx, and nobody seems to be able to give me a solid answer as to the fate of the cards once they are no longer valid "sometime after March 2016."  I am utterly irate at the thought that my AAoA is going to possibly take a major dive through nothing I have any control over nor any action I took.  Whatever they do, either AmEx needs to give people a different card without a HP and with backdating, or Citi needs to give people a Visa without a HP and with backdating.  Anything less is bovine scat! Robot Mad

Anyway, now that I'm in the garden, what do I do? Pay my bills on time, obviously. Work on paying down balances, of course.  But I am gathering that there's some special juju that you do to request CLIs with SPs once you've reached a certain number of on-time payments? Can you explain more about that, please?  Thank you!

Welcome to the garden! We're so glad you're here.

To answer your last question about special juju and SP CLIs. There are quite a few CC that have SP CLI requests, but YEMV. Even though CC may usually do CLI via SP, there are occasions when they will do a HP.

With American Express revolvers, you can ask for a CLI anytime after you get your card, though it used to be you could ask for 3x CLI on day 61 after your account opened. After that one, then it's usually every 180 days. 

Discover didn't give me an option to request a CLI for years, and then a HP was required for a period of time after I was allowed to request one. I've had that card for almost 4 years, and this year was the year that SP CLI requests with Discover became a reality. Incidentally, if you do a CLI request with them and they require an HP, they will tell you that a CR will need to be pulled prior to doing so.

Capital One's CLIs have always been SP. I've only been able to request CLI semi-annually.

I've heard that Citibank gives SP CLI option at about 6 months and does so each 6 months, but I haven't gotten there yet, so I can't attest to that.

If you have Comenity backed cards, then you can request a CLI every 30 days. There have been reports of HP, however, but I haven't had this issue yet this year. 

Hope that helps, and happy gardening!

Message 113 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today marks my 4th month since I started gardening. Not nearly as tempted as I once was to app, but urges do still occur when I get offers in the mail for 0% APR until the middle of 2017 and thereafter 12.9% - grrrr. Resisting temptations though. 

Message 114 of 799
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

FINALLY got a set in stone start date for the new job I've been waiting so long for.  I'm going to be the clinical director for a new treatment center and things kept pushing back our start date.  This led to me being in limbo with getting a house to rent and putting my resignation in at my current job.  I put it in on Tuesday and my last day will be Dec. 31st Smiley LOL I start the new job on Jan. 4!!!

Message 115 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I am wondering if their is an official place for me to apply for the garden club and where i can post my updates?  I have begun my gardening on 12/1/2015 and plan to continue at least till 12/1/16  Please give me the info to join thank you 

Message 116 of 799
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hey hey garden peeps!! Just popping in briefly to say hello.. Did a little shopping this evening and the lady before me checking out says this in a complete panic, and everyone was looking at her all strange lol......

" OMG!!!! I can't believe Christmas is here in like 2 1/2 weeks" "Im SOOOOOo not ready!!!! "

I wasn't in the mood for her tonight at all and my response (I'm such a biotch sometimes, lol,)...

" well, the previous 11 1/2 months leading up to today, kinda helped prepare me for this Christmas season"..( rolls eyes)...

jeez, get a grip lady!! LOL! Smiley Happy
Message 117 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

grneydangl congrats! Smiley Happy sounds fantastic

RJepo you're already in the GC by posting here, nothing else is required. Feel free to continue posting and welcome!

darwin & dasingleton I cant share the specifics in here its against the rules Smiley Wink stay strong
Message 118 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand! 😀 I hope the app yields great rewards. 😀 *head down, still gardening away *
Message 119 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello fellow GCers!!  Hope everybody has a CL up and Uti down day!!  Smiley LOL

And offfff we go!

Message 120 of 799
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.