Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - December 2015

Question. I overpaid my rent on accident. Its $1056 I punched $2056 by mistake on the 1st. Complex is telling me they have a "strict policy" of only issuing credit to the apartment account. Id like the extra $1000 back on my card where it belongs. Is this a charge I can dispute? If so would I need to provide documentation showing its the wrong amount or are disputes fairly simple?
Message 271 of 799
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Daaaang! HF!

Message 272 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah that's kind of a bummer
Message 273 of 799
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Quick check in for December. Six months in the garden so far this time around. Hoping to make it to this time next year and be shopping for a mortgage. May end up buying a new vehicle in the Spring though...

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 274 of 799
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Question. I overpaid my rent on accident. Its $1056 I punched $2056 by mistake on the 1st. Complex is telling me they have a "strict policy" of only issuing credit to the apartment account. Id like the extra $1000 back on my card where it belongs. Is this a charge I can dispute? If so would I need to provide documentation showing its the wrong amount or are disputes fairly simple?

I doubt you would be able to dispute it, since you are the one who authorized it in the first place - and even if you do so successfully, your complex would be within its rights to charge you a returned payment fee. Unless you really need it back, why not just let it be credited towards January's rent?

Message 275 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

yfan this is why I asked first before attempting the dispute. idk how any of this works! (clearly) I dont necessarily need it back but I dont care for an extra $1000 added to my util either. In light of your response I'll let it go and just pay the remainder due next month. Thanks
Message 276 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not do a statement credit style of thing and only pay $56 next month?

Message 277 of 799
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
yfan this is why I asked first before attempting the dispute. idk how any of this works! (clearly) I dont necessarily need it back but I dont care for an extra $1000 added to my util either. In light of your response I'll let it go and just pay the remainder due next month. Thanks

^ Right but do pay off the balance before the due date on your card. You don't want a return payment fee from your apartment complex, but you also don't want to pay interest on that $1000!

Message 278 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% until next July but Im paying it off anyway. Smiley Happy Thanks
Message 279 of 799
Anonymous
Not applicable

you guys must be rich lol. if i gave $100 too much i would beg for it back. nevertheless a grand.
Message 280 of 799
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.