Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - December 2017

So many things to respond to from 2 pages - this might take multiple posts.

Phones: we have AT&Ts "premier, best, fastest" or whatever they call it unlimited data plan with 20gb before throttling tethering per device. 2 lines of unlimited runs us about $156/mo for fully paid off iPhone six (her) and Samsung s7 active for me. We still get a corporate discount of something like 10-25% from her old employer. Used to have $10/device/mo insurance with att but dropped it and pay with WF Visa that has insurance perk. I hate AT&T and their expenses, but they've given us the most reliable coverage and we do a lot of driving trips that take us to the boonies with little to no coverage with most carriers. Having a young child I feel the premium price is worth peace of mind. That and we absolutely destroy data in excess of 25+gb a month if we're traveling. I like that we get 20gb tether per line 4glte before speed drop.
Message 2281 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I refuse to carry such high limits on this thing lol 

If you own a home, it is a good idea. It could save your home.

I own a Townhome but I haven't had an issue yet. 

Message 2282 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did hard - family Xmas tradition to do a marathon of the first 3. I also made a diy John in an air vent Xmas ornament. Easy to make and hilarious, already a big hit with the family. Google "diy die hard ornament" 

die-hard-christmas-ornament.jpg

Age - I'll be 35 in January and while the site has a wide age spectrum I certainly feel I'm on the "kids table" side. I certainly don't feel like an adult and I know many of my favorite posters here beat me by multiple decades. 

On to current garden / credit events! Mail came with a letter from EQ today confirming deletes on all requested addresses along with a minty fresh hardcopy of my full EQ report. USPS shows delivery conf on all paid  medical delete related letters now that the Texas branch of USPS finally got it to EX - seriously 3 priority envelopes from VA to PA, GA and TX for two consecutive weeks and each time they get to GA and PA within 2 days but always take an additional 2-3 days. At least in getting closer and closer to clean reports. Lastly I talked to my dad today and he promised that immediately following our call he was contacting USAA to start whatever process he needs to do in order to establish membership eligibility for me, super excited about this! Not that I have any real hopes of tuft limitless coming back or being available in VA but their insurance coverage and rates can't be beat and I'll be happy to get my foot in the door. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!  

Message 2283 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did hard - family Xmas tradition to do a marathon of the first 3. I also made a diy John in an air vent Xmas ornament. Easy to make and hilarious, already a big hit with the family. Google "diy die hard ornament" 

die-hard-christmas-ornament.jpg

Age - I'll be 35 in January and while the site has a wide age spectrum I certainly feel I'm on the "kids table" side. I certainly don't feel like an adult and I know many of my favorite posters here beat me by multiple decades. 

On to current garden / credit events! Mail came with a letter from EQ today confirming deletes on all requested addresses along with a minty fresh hardcopy of my full EQ report. USPS shows delivery conf on all paid  medical delete related letters now that the Texas branch of USPS finally got it to EX - seriously 3 priority envelopes from VA to PA, GA and TX for two consecutive weeks and each time they get to GA and PA within 2 days but always take an additional 2-3 days. At least in getting closer and closer to clean reports. Lastly I talked to my dad today and he promised that immediately following our call he was contacting USAA to start whatever process he needs to do in order to establish membership eligibility for me, super excited about this! Not that I have any real hopes of tuft limitless coming back or being available in VA but their insurance coverage and rates can't be beat and I'll be happy to get my foot in the door. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!  

Freaking Awesome.   

Message 2284 of 4,148
bluntco
Valued Contributor

USAA had great insurance rates for me for 25 years. Then I moved and they doubled 🤔
Message 2285 of 4,148
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Joyeux Noël mes amis! Smiley Happy

Okay so i'm a week early.

Message 2286 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having worked in the auto & property side of insurance for years I cannot fathom owning any type of dwelling and not having at least a basic policy. Ties in with ABCD's (I think it was you who mentioned it) comment about young and first time buyers picking up homes at the absolute upper end of their price range instead of a "starter home" and then finding themselves unable to cover unforseen & expensive future repairs or recovery.
Message 2287 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did the move take you from and to? If I might ask? I've had similar shocks along with pleasant surprises in rates having moved from San Diego to Philly and then Philly to Virginia.

At the very least we'll open a basic, bottom dollar policy of some sort with USAA to establish and maintain membership, even if we don't get out auto and renter's through them.
Message 2288 of 4,148
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I refuse to carry such high limits on this thing lol 

If you own a home, it is a good idea. It could save your home.

I own a Townhome but I haven't had an issue yet. 

The thing is, you won't have an issue unless you're at fault in an accident and your liability coverage isn't sufficient... if that were to happen, the injured party would likely sue you (which is what could put your home/property in jeopardy, depending on your state laws).

Laws vary by state, and your agent should be able to make sure your coverage is sufficient... you don't want to be "insurance poor", but you definitely want your coverage to be appropriate for your specific situation.  Smiley Wink

Message 2289 of 4,148
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap 1 limits you to two cards right?

No, but Discover does. 

Was just curious as next year I wanna try for the Venture card just wasn't sure if I would need to Combine my two cards I have now. 

Sorry, I wasn't totally paying attention, it's been a long day. You are correct. You are generally limited to two main capital one cards, not including any co-branded cards. If you want chance at a higher starting limit, I definitely would combine the cards you have now before you try for the venture. 

This might be YMMV.

There's a DoC article where he states there's a limit of two Capital One cards, but that isn't the experience of many people on here (including myself).

There's also a copy-pasta somewhere on here (I'll link if I find it later) where somebody found fine-print on a Capital One application that indicated there was a two-card limit for Capital One 'starter' cards, such as the QS1, and that the limit was five for QS and Venture (and I would assume the new Savor). The one thing that all sources seem to agree on is that the co-brand cards (Sony, PlayStation, Kohls, etc.) don't 'count' either way.

I'll also add that I still have a pre-qual with Capital One from time-to-time even though I already have two QS cards and a Venture (total of three cards with them), so I'm personally holding off on calling this either way until we have more intel.

Message 2290 of 4,148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.