Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2016

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2016

Just closed my Comenity Coldwater Creek M/C opened in Mar 2014.  Acquired shortly after becoming a member here with a $15k CL, but have ony used it once.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 71 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy you could burn an egg on the sidewalk for kicks.  I dared my brother to do it since he was stupid enough to visit our parents during the summer cuz "The flights are cheaper than at Christmas". Whatev's. (We all visit them at Christmas now instead. Smiley Wink )

Message 72 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous you could burn an egg on the sidewalk for kicks.  I dared my brother to do it since he was stupid enough to visit our parents during the summer cuz "The flights are cheaper than at Christmas". Whatev's. (We all visit them at Christmas now instead. Smiley Wink )

Haha, I have cooked eggs on a rock and also baked car cookies (you put cookie dough on a cookie sheet, place it on your dash board, and cookies will be ready to eat in a few hours. 

Message 73 of 1,009
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Hey folks! Nothing to report here. I can't believe it is already February. Summer is fast around the corner. I hate summer in AZ. 

Summer in AZ or winter in the upper midwest?  Which is the lesser of the evils?

I choose winter in the midwest and here is why:

1.) You can dress warmer but you cannot dress cooler

2.) Since you can dress warmer you can enjoy such activities as ice fishing, hunting where the meat won't immediately spoil, snowball fights, skiing, etc. 

3.) In the summer in AZ, you cannot do much outside for extended periods of time. 

Conclusion: You can actually enjoy outdoor activities if you dress for the cold where you cannot do that in the extreme heat. 

Swimming pool?

Sorry.  I actually agree with you, AZ.  I did 20 years in that God forsaken desert and am THRILLED to be back in the mid west.

Go Royals!

I like seasons.  But I could do without bitter cold.  And I'm not a fan of cleaning up after huge snow storms.  At least those things aren't all winter long.  Can't say the same about the heat in parts of AZ in the summer.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 74 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

The unbearable heat lasts about 4 months or so, so the worst part of winter in Wisconsin is much shorter than the worst part of heat in AZ. 

On a side note, has anyone seen HeavenlyFlower? I hope she is doing alright. 

Message 75 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Checking in! Didnt kick the bucket or anything, been a little busy planning a bday trip and visiting with mom who will be here until the 9th. Not so much incentive for credit related issues so havent been around much. Alls well in my world of credit. Last inq Dec 5th...pretty sure that was it but ill double check. No apps or inqs in 2016 is the only goal. Have a great day folks! Smiley Happy

Disregard. I found her, lol

Message 76 of 1,009
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Hey folks! Nothing to report here. I can't believe it is already February. Summer is fast around the corner. I hate summer in AZ. 

2.) Since you can dress warmer you can enjoy such activities as ice fishing, hunting where the meat won't immediately spoil, snowball fights, skiing, etc. 

3.) In the summer in AZ, you cannot do much outside for extended periods of time. 

Conclusion: You can actually enjoy outdoor activities if you dress for the cold where you cannot do that in the extreme heat. 

This is so true.  Why it's Newport, and not Chandler, for moi retirement.

Signature needs updating
Message 77 of 1,009
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Swimming pool?

Sorry.  I actually agree with you, AZ.  I did 20 years in that God forsaken desert and am THRILLED to be back in the mid west.

Go Royals!

I spent a summer in Tucson and it was absolutely miserable. I have no idea how people actually live there. I'll actually take 100 and humid over the 110 and dry, because it was just so miserable to be outside.

Sis went to Sedona with BF, said they are expecting two inches of snow.  Laughed when BF complained about layered socks in running shoes.  It just does not work in snow.  So, AZ DOES get colder than Seattle.

Signature needs updating
Message 78 of 1,009
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've been in the garden for 13 full months as of Feb 1st. My Experian and Transunion are both squeaky clean now.. hoping my Equifax baddies drop off soon too!

The only thing tempting me out of the garden right now is a 60K mile Citi AAdvantage offer, but I have a few more months to decide if I want to apply.

Happy gardening!

Message 79 of 1,009
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.  It's Tuesday.

I've got some webinars and training to do at the office today, and some customers to visit this afternoon....  should get to run an errand or two as well with some big financial results.  Can't wait!  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 80 of 1,009
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.