Stay within the bounds of the TOS

We have a very presidential menu tonight

550_RU232718.jpg

Apple chutney and grilled gouda cheese

image_1558319.png

Hotdogs and Chips

SgSrlD.jpg

Washington Corn Cakes

The topic tonight is Financing: What is the least expensive item you are willing to finance? A couch? A car? a nice bottle of single-malt scotch? 

Message 391 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - February 2016

This is so frustrating. I just tried to make this collections payment and it was declined because my card hit the limit for the day. So I told her I would call her back and she was fine with that, but by the time I was done and could make the payment they were closed. This has been one of my most frustrating days in a long time. I will try them again on Monday, since she is the account manager I'm sure she will still honor the request for PFD but if they are closed for Pres Day then I will have to wait until Tuesday.

Uggghhhh Woman Frustrated where is the beat my head against the wall smiley?? Someone slap me with a glove and tell me this will all be worth it in the end.

Message 392 of 1,009
Callandra
Valued Contributor

OMG HOT DOGS!!! *grabs one* I haven't had a hot dog in foreevvvverrrrrr. 

Errm, anyway. The least expensive thing I'd be willing to finance is a car. Other than a car, home, and medical expenses, there's nothing that I can think of that I wouldn't just save up for and buy. I personally don't understand financing things like a computer or TV (maybe a computer would be necessary for work/school though for some) or furniture; I was always taught to just save up and buy it out right. Unfortunately some things are necessary (like a car for most, I know I need a car) and it'd take way too long to save up (same with a home). Of course sometimes life happens and medical expenses can happen and I understand school loans as well. That's just how I feel! 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 393 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

A big chicago style hot dog does sound very good right now!!!

Message 394 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

The least expensive thing I have ever financed was a $300 washing machine. We used the Military Star card for it back in 2010 right after my husband returned from deployment, we got (I think) 10% off for using the card.

Message 395 of 1,009
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

The topic tonight is Financing: What is the least expensive item you are willing to finance? A couch? A car? a nice bottle of single-malt scotch? 

I've financed a couch and a TV.  I'd probably say my lower limit is ~$2k if decent 0% financing.

With my interest in sign-up bonuses over the last ~2 years that lower limit is probably increasing.  I don't want jeopardize approvals for a small-ish item.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 396 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The least expensive thing I have ever financed was a $300 washing machine. We used the Military Star card for it back in 2010 right after my husband returned from deployment, we got (I think) 10% off for using the card.

Haha, I used my old Star Card all the time. It was my very first credit card, followed by USAA Platinum. 

Message 397 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid to finance anything. I try to save up for everything. But back in the day, I financed a $120.00 bracelet that I didn't even want to buy, just to get some positive reporting credit.

Message 398 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@WillTeasle wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

I've financed a couch and a TV.  I'd probably say my lower limit is ~$2k if decent 0% financing.

With my interest in sign-up bonuses over the last ~2 years that lower limit is probably increasing.  I don't want jeopardize approvals for a small-ish item.

I agree. I don't want a new TL for something too small. But, I have also finaned a TV. It was back in 2010 and Best Buy gave me 0% with their credit card. 

Message 399 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm afraid to finance anything. I try to save up for everything. But back in the day, I financed a $120.00 bracelet that I didn't even want to buy, just to get some positive reporting credit.

Out of curiosity, what is the monthly payment of a $120.00 item and how long did you finance it for? 

Message 400 of 1,009
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.