Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2016

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2016

A car would be the least expensive thing I would be willing to finance at this point in my life  When much younger, we financed furniture, appliances, etc. 

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 401 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was six months for like $25/mth. I'm not sure. But that seems right. It was in 2002 I think from freidman's jewelers.
Message 402 of 1,009
Kidcat
Established Contributor

The hot dogs look yummy!  

The least expensive thing I would finance would be major household appliances.  If you have a Lowes card they always have 0% financing deals.  Totally worth it if you're in a pinch.  Education, house, car in that order.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 403 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WillTeasle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Caved today and apped for the Chase Hyatt and Ritz due to 5/24 fear.  Approved for both, hopefully it's only 1 pull!  Time to return to the garden, this time for the full 6 months at least~!

Yeah, I hear the 5/24 problem.  I'm tempted to app for Ritz and Marriott.  I want the Marriott for the increased sign-up.  Was tempted to hold on the Ritz to see if 140k reappeared, but by the time it does I might be ruled out due to 5/24.  I'm not so sure I'll get two instant approvals (probably need to drop Ink CL first to free up room) so I don't know which to go for.  Limited time bonus is appealing, but I could easily get to Gold with Ritz quickly and possibly have it before some stays I have planned for late April/early May.  Decisions...

I should probably just permanently remove the spade from my sig as I doubt I'll ever get it to a meaningful color.

I'm kind of worried I'm not going to ever get the spade to a meaningful color, but I'm determined to make it to at least gold this time.  I just need to avoid the itch (and since I have all the 5/24 cards I want, it should be a lot easier to avoid the fear too!).

Message 404 of 1,009
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Kidcat wrote:

The hot dogs look yummy!  

The least expensive thing I would finance would be major household appliances.  If you have a Lowes card they always have 0% financing deals.  Totally worth it if you're in a pinch.  Education, house, car in that order.

When I move back to Wisconsin and buy a house up there I will probably get a Lowes card for that exact reason 

Message 405 of 1,009
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

The topic tonight is Financing: What is the least expensive item you are willing to finance? A couch? A car? a nice bottle of single-malt scotch? 

I've financed a couch and a TV.  I'd probably say my lower limit is ~$2k if decent 0% financing.

With my interest in sign-up bonuses over the last ~2 years that lower limit is probably increasing.  I don't want jeopardize approvals for a small-ish item.

I agree. I don't want a new TL for something too small. But, I have also finaned a TV. It was back in 2010 and Best Buy gave me 0% with their credit card. 

Should point out the financing wasn't because I couldn't afford to pay for the items.  Just wanted interest-free money.  But that was definitely before I started paying more attention to credit card rewards.

I'd be more likely to finance something with a TL I already have at this point.  Otherwise it's probably limited to big ticket items (like a car, etc).

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 406 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would finance a hot dog at 0% idc
Message 407 of 1,009
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Caved today and apped for the Chase Hyatt and Ritz due to 5/24 fear.  Approved for both, hopefully it's only 1 pull!  Time to return to the garden, this time for the full 6 months at least~!

Yeah, I hear the 5/24 problem.  I'm tempted to app for Ritz and Marriott.  I want the Marriott for the increased sign-up.  Was tempted to hold on the Ritz to see if 140k reappeared, but by the time it does I might be ruled out due to 5/24.  I'm not so sure I'll get two instant approvals (probably need to drop Ink CL first to free up room) so I don't know which to go for.  Limited time bonus is appealing, but I could easily get to Gold with Ritz quickly and possibly have it before some stays I have planned for late April/early May.  Decisions...

I should probably just permanently remove the spade from my sig as I doubt I'll ever get it to a meaningful color.

I'm kind of worried I'm not going to ever get the spade to a meaningful color, but I'm determined to make it to at least gold this time.  I just need to avoid the itch (and since I have all the 5/24 cards I want, it should be a lot easier to avoid the fear too!).

I probably would've apped for both already, but I'm unsure how much total line Chase will extend me.  I'll probably drop the Ink down to ~$10k, but then I might have to wait a bit to let that clear their systems before apping...

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 408 of 1,009
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@Kidcat wrote:

The hot dogs look yummy!  

When I move back to Wisconsin and buy a house up there I will probably get a Lowes card for that exact reason 

It's the first card I app'd for after closing.  Never paid a cent of interest, and always get 5% back for smaller purchases.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 409 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

A collection account from Progressive just got paid and will be deleted from reports!

The guy was telling me "It will still be on your report but it will show paid" and I said "yes but it will still show it was a collection right?" he said "Yes but it will show as paid"

So I said "well, you know I think I will just pay online...I really only called to see if I could get it deleted but if not I will pay it online."

He put me on hold and a few minutes later I was paying so it will be deleted Smiley Happy

+1 for the husband's reports! (or I should say -1)

Message 410 of 1,009
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.