tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2016

@Anonymous wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Haven't posted in a coule of weeks as i just rescued a puppy and have been spending all of my spare time taking care of her.  No changes to report, but will do a coouple of BTs this month before the NFCU offer goes away.  Waiting on a single 1099 to complete my taxes and then wait for my refund to take care of much of what is currently owed.  Can't wait!  Hope everyone is having a great day.

Greatest reason for missing time I've ever heard. Post pics and you're forgiven.

Thanks.

Good looking dog! I always recommend watching Victoria Stilwell's "It's me or the dog" for training tips. It won't take long before you don't need the choke chain. Have fun with your new family member!

I'll definitely take a look at that.  Thanks for the tip.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 601 of 1,009
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Hello Gardeners,

Checking in for today.   I got an email earlier that said I could choose new Cash+ categories, but it looks like the site isn't available.   Hopefully, they're not taking away all the good categories!   Anyway, I was using Cash+ for dining.   However, since Discover is doing dining for Q2, I was thinking I could use Discover with Sam's Club as backup (3% dining) for Q2 and choose all new categories for Cash+.   I'll see what's available later.

Gold Violin isn't budging yet on CLI.   However, I don't think I've made a purchase since the last CLI; sometimes Comenity wants to see purchases before they offer more LUV.  

Hopefully all is well in the Garden.

I haven't decided on my categories for Q2 yet, but yesterday the site was working and all the categories were the same as what was available before. No changes. The site being down right now is kind of odd, but I'm not sure what else they could really take away. Most of the categories are fairly niche. While I enjoy the fast food 5%, there's plenty of people who never eat fast food.

I was using it for dining too, but with Discover's effective 10% on dining coming up, it seems silly to waste a dining category on Cash+ that I won't need. That said, I don't know what I'd select otherwise. Right now, I have bookstores and fast food. I'll do bookstores and some other "might be possibly useful" category I guess. More than likely it's just going to sit in the drawer for Q2.

That's good.   Now if I only remembered what the categories were.   Cash+ site is still down, so I'll try again later on.   

Fast food wouldn't be a good choice for Cash+ in Q2 for me.   I'd only use it if the place didn't take Discover, and that's not too common.   The KFC across from my work only takes Visa & MC, but that's not worth wasting the category when I could just use Sam's at 3% there.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 602 of 1,009
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning everyone,

My mortgage app hit all three reports last night so I'm swinging by to say goodbye. I plan on hopping back in here for a long stint after I close, So see y'all soon. 

Good luck.  App going in this weekend or beginning next week.  Realtor holding part of package (construction) offer until app priority mailed. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 603 of 1,009
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Haven't posted in a coule of weeks as i just rescued a puppy and have been spending all of my spare time taking care of her.  No changes to report, but will do a coouple of BTs this month before the NFCU offer goes away.  Waiting on a single 1099 to complete my taxes and then wait for my refund to take care of much of what is currently owed.  Can't wait!  Hope everyone is having a great day.

Greatest reason for missing time I've ever heard. Post pics and you're forgiven.

Thanks.

So beautiful.  Looks loved.

Signature needs updating
Message 604 of 1,009
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

Experian up seven more this morning....

This is the longest February ever.  Smiley Tongue

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 605 of 1,009
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Still gardening... Nothing I even want to app for except for a Diners Club card. Wish I'd gotten in when they were open. Oh well. As of right now I have no plans of apping for anything unless a HUGE sign up bonus comes around. Scores are steadily climbing. Inqs are slowly dropping off. This is such a boring stage of credit building, but I want 800 plus scores. 

Message 606 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 15 more months until my inquiries are gone! I also hate this stage of building, but it is necessary. I am still gardening. Still focused on saving and making sure everything is PIF.

Message 607 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning GC’ers.

Today marks 4months for me in the garden. Accounts are aging , scores are slowing moving up and utilization is at 2%. All is well. Have a great day and great weekend!

Message 608 of 1,009
EdMan63
Established Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

Still gardening... Nothing I even want to app for except for a Diners Club card. Wish I'd gotten in when they were open. Oh well. As of right now I have no plans of apping for anything unless a HUGE sign up bonus comes around. Scores are steadily climbing. Inqs are slowly dropping off. This is such a boring stage of credit building, but I want 800 plus scores. 

I understand completely. I tried calling Experian earlier this week and try my luck at getting an early exclusion on my only charge off. TU removed it a couple of weeks ago 6 months early and my score shot up 93 pts!!!! Experian said the actual drop date is August but the computer has it scheduled to drop off in May. I saw on my report that it was scheduled to drop in May was hoping for the 3 month EE but May is the 3 month EE!!! So now I must wait in anticipation of that score hopefully rising high as well and then see what EQ does. Ah but to wait. At least I have no pressing credit needs so it really doesn't matter. I just want to see those high scores!!! I've never seen 800 before.

Message 609 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

One month!!!! I made it, finally! I hope the next 11 get easier and easier Smiley Happy

Message 610 of 1,009
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.