Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - February 2018

@kilroy8wrote:

Yes, we have the long period between company holidays between New Years Day and Memorial Day. Trade off is that we always get the whole week between Christmas and New Years Day all as holiday, no vacation necessary to get it off. I like that trade!

I would like that trade too.  No such luck though... we just get a skimpy holiday schedule (and only ONE floating holiday to boot... most companies give floaters in place of each lost holiday), which we use to extend either Christmas or 4th of July weekend depending on when they fall during the week.  And on top of that, Christmas week (as well as the 4th) are considered high-demand weeks for time off, so it's a crap shoot if I'd get it even if I asked.

I thought I had a raise too when I saw my last direct deposit... about $100 more than usual.  Sweet... until I checked my stub, and found it was only that the tax withholding changed.  No raise... it's easier getting CLIs with a 580 FICO than it is to get a pay raise these days.  At least it's a little more money coming in, which I can divert to my 401k (pre-tax so even more).

Message 1741 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:

@tcbofadewrote:

Hello again boys and girls.

Bills all paid with dollars left over.  Smiley Happy

Now that makes all kind of centsSmiley Wink

Smiley Frustrated

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1742 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJC I knew, absolutely KNEW I could count on you to appreciate the hoe train comment!

Currently at vacation house for a mid-day break, we did it's a small world before leaving and holy crap they had the most surprisingly racist couple of dolls in the Asia section. Most were (reasonably) tasteful enough which I expected of modern family clean Disney, but there were 3 dolls in what looked like kimonos with I kid you not, a slanted straight line for eyes. Like if you made a 2" line with a sharpie then tilted it 45 degrees. Ouch.
Message 1743 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Nastiest thing about that ride is that the tune stays with you for days ... like it or not.

(It's been 35 years now for me ... . Smiley Indifferent )

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 1744 of 2,597
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Survived our first day at Disney - despite Florida heat & a combined 3 kids ranging 3-8 years. I gotta say I did not expect so much...let's call it "hoochie" fashion in the magic Kingdom. That said despite rudeness and the roving hoe trains we had a blast.

Aside from being sad that we're not staying on property and thus can't charge every purchase to magic band & pay it at the front desk so it codes travel for CSP it went suspiciously well. For now.

Thanks for visiting and paying my state income taxes! Smiley Wink

Message 1745 of 2,597
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Today's garden discussions brought to you by...netscape.png

Best if viewed on Netscape Navigator 3.0+ and I.E. 4.5+

Message 1746 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RicHowe The complicated web of trusts, llcs & shell companies that form my financial structure say you're welcome!

I fondly remember netscape in the dialup days (though I was always an Opera man) - in the same way you might fondly remember a piece of crap lemon you drove for your first car. Come a long way from the days of gopher, BBS blazing fast 28.8k global village modems.
Message 1747 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shower thought: I was a **bleep** fool to not load up on Disney gift cards via citi Costco, target redcard or discover 10% bonus before coming here. Live and learn, I'll be prepared next time.
Message 1748 of 2,597
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
@RicHowe The complicated web of trusts, llcs & shell companies that form my financial structure say you're welcome!

I fondly remember netscape in the dialup days (though I was always an Opera man) - in the same way you might fondly remember a piece of crap lemon you drove for your first car. Come a long way from the days of gopher, BBS blazing fast 28.8k global village modems.

I doubt many here would be old enough to remember the old GaRBage DuMP BBS back in the day of CompUServe

Message 1749 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Early dinner.

Chicken thighs.  Tried a new spice combination: salt, pepper, paprika, a dusting of cayenne, squeeze of orange (all same old, same old) plus rosemary, mace and star anise (freshly ground with my mortar & pestle).

Cooked along with onion, garlic, tomato & green pepper, just enough white wine to deglaze, and finished with a whisper of Warfield's No Return gin (which has a delightful floral juniper vibe).

(Shout out to Warfield's distillery of Ketchum, ID - the silver lining to an afternoon's rain.)

Finished with some wilted kale, chard & spinach, served atop a bed of brown rice.

It's what I do.

(SWMBO was quite pleased.)

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 1750 of 2,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.