Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2018

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2018

And for dessert, a lightly toasted, unfrosted strawberry pop tart.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1751 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were too poor for compu$serve so I relied on modem to modem single user BBS systems & AOL free trials most the time
Message 1752 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
We were too poor for compu$serve so I relied on modem to modem single user BBS systems & AOL free trials most the time

I used Compu$erve very little until I found TapCIS.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1753 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Monday, Garden Gang!

Figured I may as well call you "Gang" since DH is convinced that I belong to a gang or secret society of some sort, complete with signs and secret handshakes. Smiley LOL

Hope everyone is doing well! I don't think there's any way I'll get caught up, but just wanted to say hey.

Everything is going well here. Had a long, busy holiday weekend and just relaxing today before I have to return to work tomorrow. I lost some points on EQ and TU this past week when my NFCU BT posted. Smiley Frustrated

The good news is that I'm still here, and getting closer to claiming a gold spade. Smiley Happy

Message 1754 of 2,597
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymouswrote:

Ah, the good 'ole days, when these would fill the mailbox:

AOLdisk.jpg

Message 1755 of 2,597
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

🎵Home, Sweet Home🎵
Message 1756 of 2,597
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

I used a service called sinnfree for awhile in the late 90s.   It was a completely text based internet, no graphics at all.

To change the subject back to my tale of woe from earlier.   Yesterday we found that the washing machine and dishwasher aren't working from our power surges.   I am really glad I got a big tax refund last week!

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1757 of 2,597
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MakingProgresswrote:

I used a service called sinnfree for awhile in the late 90s.   It was a completely text based internet, no graphics at all.

To change the subject back to my tale of woe from earlier.   Yesterday we found that the washing machine and dishwasher aren't working from our power surges.   I am really glad I got a big tax refund last week!

What is this "tax refund" you speak of? Smiley Tongue

Message 1758 of 2,597
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

On a seperate note.   Since I snuck out and back into the garden, I have been evaluating my rebuild and my credit goals.

Rebuild started 8/15  I will have a clean file in 9/19.  The only baddies I have left are 120 day late due to drop 9/18 and a 30 day late due to drop 9/19.  Both of these are from a Heights Finance car loan that was pif in 2/14.  I have tried the goodwill route with them and will continue my campaign, but so far no luv.   I am thinking that since they are a finance company they want me to keep a dirty file so that I might have to sue them again.  They will get no luv from me either, even thought I get an offer of a personal loan from them every month in the mail.

The first true FICO I got was 614 in 9/15, last one I pulled was 695 on 2/17/18. I am expecing a lot turmoil after my recent escape, er  I mean vacation from the garden.  I now have enough cards to make my life easy, all with various cash back rewards.   I don't travel much so don't see the use for a travel card, and I can use cash back I have earned for travel if I want. 

My goals. 

1. get all 3 FICO 8 to 700. 

2. have a clean CR. 

3. raise all 3 FICO above my wifes (she is currently at 775)  just because I am a male chauvinist pig.

4. be able to retire before I'm 90.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 1759 of 2,597
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@simplynoirwrote:

@MakingProgress

What is this "tax refund" you speak of? Smiley Tongue

Here is how you get one.   Have an Aunt die and leave you some money. Then you can max out IRA deductions for the year, and sell the house you inheireted for less than it's market value and you can write off the loss.  At least thats how I did it. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 1760 of 2,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.