expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2018

@kilroy8wrote:

@expatCanuckwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@bizarrocreditworldwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I think I will stick to our country cooking seasoned  with bear grease.

Now you may recall I have a grown daughter that 1) has never set foot in a kitchen 2) cannot identify all the kitchen appliances like refrig, stove, micro wave.   I think she and her husband eat all their meals out.  I think she needs a good card that handles take out.

I have a wife who cannot cook to save herself (she gets it from her mother, who is a horrible cook). I do all of the cooking in the house, and I'm proud of it. I made my signature dish tonight: Boneless chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella, ricotta and spinach. 

My wife can’t cook as well. She would boil a pop tart. 🤪

Tonight's dessert was a (non-frosted) strawberry pop tart. Smiley Very Happy

I brought home non-frosted one time (they were out of everything else).  The kids threatened to hire a hit man if I ever did it again.

The only frosted I care for is brown sugar.  Blueberry non-frosted is my other go-to. 

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1621 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Up 'til this past December, I was using a Lenovo X220.  It was only 7 years old, but the hard drive was starting to fail (and it was hella slow).

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 1622 of 2,597
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

For those of you with dated computers, you'd be surprised how much difference a solid state disk (SSD) could make, and as long as it's large enough to clone over your existing drive, there would be no need to reinstall everything.  Most people would be surprised how easy upgrading memory or a hard drive actually is - particularly on a desktop.

Message 1623 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@shoegalwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@expatCanuckwrote:

@Anonymous

Tonight's dessert was a (non-frosted) strawberry pop tart. Smiley Very Happy

OMG! You just made me crave pop tarts!

OMG that sounds amazing! I had Jeni's Ice cream (cookies and cream) for dessert.

Toasted Pop Tart à la mode.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 1624 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@shoegalwrote:

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:

@shoegalwrote:

Hi Guys!! It was a gorgeous day in Georgia. Smiley Happy

In credit news, my scores dropped a little but they'll be back once my balances are just on one card (the NFCU one). But also, I was checking my husband's score since he wants to buy a new car this year and his Fico dropped from 777 to 705 since he paid off his student loans in October. Oh no! I think I might do a thread about this elsewhere to see what can be done to get his score back to 777. He hates credit cards but me and his friends have been talking to him about the benefits and he's finally changing his mind and wants to get a few things.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for paid balances to report paid to see my scores go back up. 

Hope you guys had an amazing day! Smiley Happy

Wow, Shoegal, paying those off has to feel great.  Im sure hell be able to rise quickly and even if he can get up to 740 hell be set. Plus dont forget to check his auto scores. Wish you guys the best. Enjoy your end of the weekSmiley Happy

Thanks, AJC! That's great advice. I did forget to check his auto scores. Thanks!!!!

It is such a shame every one has to use student loans now days.  My tution to a tier one school was $450/year, My DW Ivy school $2,000 per year. Now that would not pay for one quarter any where much less a "good" school.   I see the young ones today struggle to make the payments.  I am glad he was able to pay it off. 

$800-900/year in my day (CAD, of course).  Our son opted for a Canadian school as well - a relative bargain at $7500 CAD/year.  Adjusting for 35 years of inflation, that's about the same as in my day.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 1625 of 2,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@RicHowewrote:
Webcrawler was my fav!
Hated Lycos

Netscape was my browser of choice -- via a speedy 1200 bps modem to access CompuServe.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 1626 of 2,597
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@expatCanuckwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@shoegalwrote:

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:

@shoegalwrote:

Hi Guys!! It was a gorgeous day in Georgia. Smiley Happy

In credit news, my scores dropped a little but they'll be back once my balances are just on one card (the NFCU one). But also, I was checking my husband's score since he wants to buy a new car this year and his Fico dropped from 777 to 705 since he paid off his student loans in October. Oh no! I think I might do a thread about this elsewhere to see what can be done to get his score back to 777. He hates credit cards but me and his friends have been talking to him about the benefits and he's finally changing his mind and wants to get a few things.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for paid balances to report paid to see my scores go back up. 

Hope you guys had an amazing day! Smiley Happy

Wow, Shoegal, paying those off has to feel great.  Im sure hell be able to rise quickly and even if he can get up to 740 hell be set. Plus dont forget to check his auto scores. Wish you guys the best. Enjoy your end of the weekSmiley Happy

Thanks, AJC! That's great advice. I did forget to check his auto scores. Thanks!!!!

It is such a shame every one has to use student loans now days.  My tution to a tier one school was $450/year, My DW Ivy school $2,000 per year. Now that would not pay for one quarter any where much less a "good" school.   I see the young ones today struggle to make the payments.  I am glad he was able to pay it off. 

$800-900/year in my day (CAD, of course).  Our son opted for a Canadian school as well - a relative bargain at $7500 CAD/year.  Adjusting for 35 years of inflation, that's about the same as in my day.

I’m glad he’s done with that too. And has no debt. When I went for my BA tuition was at most $1k a year and if not free. I made the mistake of going to grad school and that’s where my debt comes from. I’m still paying that off but at least one of us is having the good debt free life.

Message 1627 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - February 2018 First Microwave I ever saw ...

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Happy Friday jr. MFs. As I do every year I’m going vegetarian till Easter.  

Any favorite vegetarian dishes?

wow impressive! i wouldnt even know what to eat ! 😂... all im doing is giving up the salt shaker.. 

@Miesterbro Impressive indeed.  However, Sasha in my book, giving up the salt shaker is even more so!  I can give up sugar, but not salt (my undoing), LOL.

Message 1628 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sasha and SlightlyRemoved, I love the tantrum honesty.  Florida + Extended Family, Mr. Darcy's big sister is the favorite to the the first tantrum, and always delivers, LOL.

Bluntco, beautiful pup.  I miss my Goldens and been petless for 3 years.

Message 1629 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Its ok K, just think Spam, whining and dining, and fence jumpers and you are all caught upSmiley Happy

AJC, that's an almost perfect summary. You forgot to mention Pringles.  K, so good of you to stop by.  I cannot seem to get caught up myself.

Oh, and I did something stupid: transferred over 2K to BofA Cash Rewards thinking it was my checking account. Now I have -$2,335.02 that I cannot just  move back. I have to call BofA.  

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Mr. Darcy and I were among the US Rowing officials at the first novice spring regatta (goat rodeo) of the season, and it was a gorgeous day in SF unlike same event last year.

Message 1630 of 2,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.