bluntco
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2018

Vegas BabyVegas Baby

Message 1671 of 2,597
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Just decided to garden after 5 cards in the last 6 months, I guess a long drawn out spree. It became really exciting Apping and getting mostly approvals and its gonna be difficult to behave.

I know I need to wait and let things age, show solid payment history, so on and so on.

I guess the end goal will be 6 to 9 months and hopefully getting in with Chase (CSP, Freedom, or FU) or adding another Amex account or two.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1672 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Backwoods, number 2. $4 to me would be worth not waiting in line for 2 hours, lol. I hate lines. I know people say dont throw away money but just think of it as if you are taking yourself out to lunch only without the bloating sensationSmiley Wink

Time is money..  doesnt sound like a waste to me. 

Message 1673 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@expatCanuckwrote:

@UncleBwrote:

@AverageJoesCredit

Other potential considerations include a comfortable keyboard and excellent battery life.  (From time to time, I attend meetings outside the office, and want a full workday of battery life.)  Also, if you want/need to work in the dark, a backlit/top-lit keyboard is very handy.

My hold-up right now is primarily keyboards and batteries.  Smiley Frustrated

I absolutely loathe the new 'chiclet' keyboards that are on nearly every computer these days and most of the laptops I've looked at have batteries that can't be removed/replaced (who thought that was a good idea???)

We're on the same page.  My x220's keyboard was the bomb ('til it started failing).  The Dell XPS (which I bought to replace it) is tolerable, tho' not nearly as good as the 220.  With an 8-16 hour battery life, I'm content to forego a swappable battery.

Its not cheap (as far as keyboards go) but i absolutely love my logitech K800.  Low profile, keys dont make the old clicking sound and its not chicklet style.   It has a unifying nano reciever, so both my keyboard and mouse work off one little usb reciever.  

Message 1674 of 2,597
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I just realized Wrote is no longer a member here at myFicoSmiley Sad Sad day indeed. I remember how Wrote would write Wrote Wrote, lol, it was classic Wrote, i think Wrote's last name,was @ but it might have been a nickname like @Wrote or Wrote@@

Heres to Wrote, only the WRITTEN shall vanquish, only those who dare Write live to Wrote @gainSmiley Happy Cheers DILLY DILLYSmiley Happy
Message 1675 of 2,597
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Property Tax Question

I have to pay next week my property taxes - These are my options mail in payments not accepted 1) Wait in line for 2 hours and move money to my least favorite bank to cover the check no fee 2) Pay on line with with my Citi DCcard and loose $4 in fees net but usuage at 50% for one month for that one card 3) Pay on line  with either Disco or Amex and loose $12 net but usuage on that card stays under 10%   Options 2 and 3 I can do online.  Its a toss up between 2 and 3.   Suggestions?   My scores are 740-760 and usage usually around 7% but do PIF every month 

Option 2. Utilization has no memory and since you PIF one month of 50% utilization is not gonna hurt you since you won't be going for any mortgage/loan anytime soon.

Message 1676 of 2,597
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleBwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
GYM anyone?

Sure..  just have to finish this marathon (on netflix) Smiley Happy

That's my kind of marathon!!  smiley-laughing021.gif

That's what me and one of my GF's friends are doing hunkered down on the bed watching Robot Chicken on Hulu while the other two are out shopping. The massages we got yesterday really did a number on us compared to our significant others it really hurt to get up this morning like I went through a complete workout. Drinking water to help but ordered room service for snacks so don't know how much help that will be. I just want either In N Out or Whataburger for dinner. Smiley LOL

Message 1677 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm back in the garden after my app spree. I scored 4 new prime cards to add to my Discover it. I am so excited to finally cancel my Credit One card! I will be gardening until we come up with a solid option for the SSL technique. Then hopping right back in to watch my scores grow over time.  

Message 1678 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ordered a 24” NY style pie. One slice will do it. 

Message 1679 of 2,597
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! I'm sure its such an awesome feeling! I managed to skip Credit One but started with Cap1. I was lucky enough to add IT, PRG, and BCE before hitting the garden! I'm sooo looking forward to scores coming back and planning the next spree!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1680 of 2,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.