Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - January 2016

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2016

Good morning, everyone.  I just re-allocated the limits between my AMEX BCP and SPG cards from $34.5K/10.4K to $25k/$20K with customer service.  If you do the math you can see that it was a $9500 reduction in the BCP limit which put the SPG at $19.9K and my OCD brain couldn't stand that number.  Much like 9.99 just make it 10.  I hate that marketing strategy.  Anyway, requested a CLI to either $20K or $25K and was told for anything above $20K on the SPG would require a 4506-T which was too much hassle and simply had them approve a $100 increase to even things out.I feel much better now. Smiley Happy

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 241 of 1,750
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Late to the party again.... but Im still here!!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 242 of 1,750
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning! On a diet. I can only maintain my weight if I exercise and eat whatever I want all day or bring it down to 1200 calories and under daily. Feeling lazy so diet wins. On the plus side my grocery bill is down to $166 a month woohoo! My diet food is sensible...regular grocery shopping not so much Smiley Very Happy Get a little crazy with 30oz tubs of butter, sourdough bread and a crapload of seafood.

In credit news once I finally got through to an Amex rep who could help me the dispute was taken care of and new card is on the way. That was a pretty quick investigation bc the $79.99 was credited within 24 hours. Not familiar with disputes so maybe thats the norm but I thought it might rake awhile.
Message 243 of 1,750
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Morning! On a diet. I can only maintain my weight if I exercise and eat whatever I want all day or bring it down to 1200 calories and under daily. Feeling lazy so diet wins. On the plus side my grocery bill is down to $166 a month woohoo! My diet food is sensible...regular grocery shopping not so much Smiley Very Happy Get a little crazy with 30oz tubs of butter, sourdough bread and a crapload of seafood.

In credit news once I finally got through to an Amex rep who could help me the dispute was taken care of and new card is on the way. That was a pretty quick investigation bc the $79.99 was credited within 24 hours. Not familiar with disputes so maybe thats the norm but I thought it might rake awhile.

I would love to have that! At 6'5" and 280 lbs, I can sometimes eat a truckload. Honestly though, my favorite is celery and ranch dressing. But somehow, it's never as good as when I order wings lol

Message 244 of 1,750
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im one of those small bottomless pit types Smiley Very Happy Order a large pizza right before the game and its gone by halftime! Which leaves me boneless wings and a sandwich to snack on...my regular eating habits could use some work lol
Message 245 of 1,750
elim
Senior Contributor

hrmmmmm...

Just got CNBC alert...   "PowerBall hits record high of $700,000,000.00"  "...Largest prize in US history"

Odds of winning are 1/300,000,000 meaning if I play every combination it will cost me $300,000,000.00.  

Anyone want to loan me 300 million so i can box powerball and win 700 million?  no takers?

I don't play any lotto but I imagine there is a chance of splitting the pot with other people that pick the same number.  bummer

Message 246 of 1,750
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

hrmmmmm...

Just got CNBC alert...   "PowerBall hits record high of $700,000,000.00"  "...Largest prize in US history"

Odds of winning are 1/300,000,000 meaning if I play every combination it will cost me $300,000,000.00.  

Anyone want to loan me 300 million so i can box powerball and win 700 million?  no takers?

I don't play any lotto but I imagine there is a chance of splitting the pot with other people that pick the same number.  bummer

No lotto here neither.  Diet news, yes, need to lose 14 lbs (the doctor calls it hibernation weight, Seattle winters).  But I am SO tired today, Domino's.  Grocery shopping tonight or tomorrow.  My bill for single person still comes out to over 200 per month.  But I buy a few gift cards in advance, so always have funds to buy groceries, not always for eating out or fast food.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 247 of 1,750
elim
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@elim wrote:

hrmmmmm...

No lotto here neither.  Diet news, yes, need to lose 14 lbs (the doctor calls it hibernation weight, Seattle winters).  But I am SO tired today, Domino's.  Grocery shopping tonight or tomorrow.  My bill for single person still comes out to over 200 per month.  But I buy a few gift cards in advance, so always have funds to buy groceries, not always for eating out or fast food.  Smiley Wink

2 words... "eat clean"

I have been eating some type of body building diet for almost 3 years. Now, i'm not a die hard gym nut, and I do go out to eat and have some drinks, have a coke on occasion or some chips.  But, what a difference this has made in my health and life in general.  I started with the usual brown rice, veggies, lean steak, chicken and fish. That did'nt last long (booorrrriiiing), and I figured out how to actually cook some great food without eating the processed junk that makes me unhealthy. I look good, feel good, and actually save $$$.

Sucks my GF wants nothing to do with it and goes through a few 2 litres of Coka-Cola a week as well as mcD's etc.  But I don't ever mess with her about it (ever). 1 problem is she's getting more out of shape and i'm pretty cut (and i'm not young).  She better watch it!  lol

Message 248 of 1,750
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@elim wrote:

hrmmmmm...

2 words... "eat clean"

I have been eating some type of body building diet for almost 3 years. Now, i'm not a die hard gym nut, and I do go out to eat and have some drinks, have a coke on occasion or some chips.  But, what a difference this has made in my health and life in general.  I started with the usual brown rice, veggies, lean steak, chicken and fish. That did'nt last long (booorrrriiiing), and I figured out how to actually cook some great food without eating the processed junk that makes me unhealthy. I look good, feel good, and actually save $$$.

Sucks my GF wants nothing to do with it and goes through a few 2 litres of Coka-Cola a week as well as mcD's etc.  But I don't ever mess with her about it (ever). 1 problem is she's getting more out of shape and i'm pretty cut (and i'm not young).  She better watch it!  lol

I'm a vegetarian to vegan.  Occasional meat.  Following Joel Furhman and The Blue Zones report.  I do not usually eat processed.  Also do juicing and smoothies.  Naturally occurring fat in plant based foods is fine.  Anything from plants is good.  But when get lazy and cold (or sick), do not go shopping.

Signature needs updating
Message 249 of 1,750
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried Dominos for the first time since 2006 (it was totally gross I refused to eat it) and man what a difference! Im not saying it was the best pizza ever but it was pretty darn good for the price Smiley Very Happy Blah! You guys are killing me lol I cant have pizza on this diet
Message 250 of 1,750
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.