Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - January 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - January 2016

I have cookies and cream ice cream! Thank you for reminding me Kidcat. Perfect breakfast dessert Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes I fantasize this visitor is an actual physical being that I can walk up to and shoot a flamethrower at their face....good times
Message 331 of 1,750
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@ljthomas wrote:
As a salty, fried food girl myself, I totally feel you, HF!!! Do not stand between me and my French fries!

I will take salty and deep fried over sugar any day of the week! Im serious, I could go without sugar for the ret of my life as long as I have some chips, fries, and sea salt. 

Message 332 of 1,750
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll come and camp out in here for now.

I've been working on my credit since last February, which was when my student loans came out of rehab. That was the first time I've even looked at my FICO scores in years. I'd spent my entire 20s being broke and feeling a lot of despair about my credit situation, but when I saw that a lot of things weren't on the report for whatever reason (age, never reported, etc.) I signed up for my first secured card and have been watching it like a hawk ever since. 

Last month, I got the VS card through the cart trick and then was laid off a few days later, so... no more applications for awhile! I have too much new credit and a lot of other things I can do, and I don't want to put "not employed" in an app, ha. So I'll consider myself a month into gardening, heh.

This is what I've got:

CapOne Secured: 800, can't req CLI until around April

CapOne Plat: 750, can't req CLI until around April

Merrick: 700, doubles to 1400 in May

VS: 500, haven't even used it yet

Scores: 636, 607, 590

The last week, I've been working on getting an old CO'd CapOne card off my report that's pushing my util up to 300%. One bureau already removed it, the other two are still in the works. 

My plan is to sit tight and run everything on my 3 non-store cards. When spring comes, I can request CLIs from CapOne. It might be nice to garden until May. I don't have tons of hard pulls or a crazy amount of cards, so I don't need to garden for a really long time, just until I'm employed and have a score that's good for non-subprime cards. My dream is to qualify for Apple financing, and then I'll buy my first MacBook (I'm a web developer, so it's not totally frivolous to want one).

Now I need to work on getting that bronze spade into my siggy.

Message 333 of 1,750
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning. I was fully prepared to start my diet yesterday until a vile, unwanted visitor came by and I realized this is not the week for dieting. So then this happened after I remembered I still had $60 left on an Applebees gift card. Now here I am happily stuffing my face with crunchy shrimp and two sides of garlic mashed potatoes at 7am without shame Smiley LOL If my salty and fried food cravings arent satisfied lives would be lost! I do this for the safety of all mankind. You're welcome Smiley Tongue 

I have a rule that I can eat whatever the heck I want the day that visitor comes.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 334 of 1,750
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

I have closed my Capital One secured card! I'm a little nervous because I did it via the automated phone system, but it is showing as closed when I log into my account. Hopefully they'll get my money to me soon since the balance is $0.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 335 of 1,750
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Maybe their converting you to that new card. The $100 then $500 after 5 months. Give them a call. That's pretty important.

Message 336 of 1,750
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:
Maybe their converting you to that new card. The $100 then $500 after 5 months. Give them a call. That's pretty important.

Oops, that's what I get for speaking in passive voice. I closed the card myself. I'm going to edit my post so it's more clear.

Message 337 of 1,750
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Good morning folks. Well I mashed the Discover luv button last night on the 91st day since last cli. And I got a whopping........drumroll.........$500 smackeroos! Smiley Very Happy. Bringing my limit now to $13k. Big spenders they truly are!

This is encouraging! Tomorrow is day 91 for me.

I got it!

Message 338 of 1,750
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have cookies and cream ice cream! Thank you for reminding me Kidcat. Perfect breakfast dessert Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes I fantasize this visitor is an actual physical being that I can walk up to and shoot a flamethrower at their face....good times

Oh good heavens....  While I do not now, nor have I ever received that visitor, I DO, however, live with someone who does....

...and I'm so very grateful that wifey does NOT own a flamethrower....  just sayin....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 339 of 1,750
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh good heavens....  While I do not now, nor have I ever received that visitor, I DO, however, live with someone who does....

...and I'm so very grateful that wifey does NOT own a flamethrower....  just sayin....

How are you tcb?  Been a year since the no go.  Are all accounts still good?

Signature needs updating
Message 340 of 1,750
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.