Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - July 2015

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2015

Hello all...

I have made it to month #13...yay! It's a strangely weird feeling not to app for over a year...lol. I'm looking forward to my very first gemstone! Thankfully myFICO added those 3-month interval gemstones between the Platinum Spade and the Diamond. I may not ever have the patience to reach that Diamond, so thanks for that. See you all next month and good luck to all my fellow gardeners.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 51 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, this is my first attempt at gardening so we'll see how it goes lol. I'm pretty sure I know about every credit card out there now and I have accumulated everything I think I could need so unless something new and shiny comes along I should be good (fingers crossed). Here are my last 4 months
March- BCP AU, Arrival + AU
April- CSP, Freedom, SM
May- Clean!
June- Hyatt, Amex Platinum, Discover, Freedom AU, Toys R Us

So 7 new accounts and 3 new AU accounts...IHG is the only thing I'm remotely interested in right now and will probably be staying in higher end hotels thru this summer and fall at least so I should be able to hold out

Wish me luck!
Message 52 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy July Garden Clubbers -- been in the garden for 3 months!!  Scores just starting to inch up from app spree in February.  Plan to garden for rest of this year and then am going to try to get that NASA Shuttle card (it's irrational I know, but they're the only ones that denied me in February so I'm determined to get it!).  

Message 53 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my house, got a bunch of shiny new cards after my house, locked in here for a while (might have to take a stroll out for an antique car loan). Beyond that, I have everything I need so putting myself on double secret probation for a year or so. Next card app will be Sept 2016.

Message 54 of 1,480
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Oh he holidays that's probably why I'm sitting ok right now because I did my most apping last year during December and January that will be hard for me to not app at that time although if I get some good increases I just may do really well

Message 55 of 1,480
sterlingrose1
Regular Contributor

Hey look! I got my bronze spade!

My TU score went up 6 points today, acting contrary to the other two that have been steadily eroding due to new accounts showing up. It was a nice change of pace, but I'm not through the woods yet...I've got several new trade lines that haven't reported yet.

I paid off a car loan (Chase) in June, but it's not showing paid yet. Anyone have any experience of how long that takes to show up? I actually refi'd so it doesn't really matter overall - the old one will show paid and a new one will pop up in its place. Just idle curiosity on my part.

Happy July. It was 109 degrees here in Sonoma yesterday. Bun, I saw you are in Petaluma. PLEASE tell me you are getting a cooling breeze over there today! That will give me hope for the afternoon...

Starting FICO: EQ 520 (October, 2013)
FICO 06/2015: EQ 665 | TU 693 | EX 693

Cards: Amex (Costco) $2000 | Amex (Plenti) $8000 | Amex (PenFed) $5000 CapOne Visa Signature $10,000 & $5000 | CapOne Venture $1000 | Home Depot $3000 | Amazon Store $1000 | Amazon Visa $500 | Macy's $1000
Message 56 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first post here on myFICO (although I've been lurking for awhile) and I NEED the garden! I have been listed as an AU on my parents' Discover card for years, but somehow it never occurred to me until a few months ago that this might actually impact my own credit (otherwise I had zero credit). I checked CreditKarma, and surprisingly, I had pretty decent credit scores! So then I started researching and found out about rewards cards and bonuses and...I went a little crazy. It is time to stay in the garden for at least a few months, because I have gone from $0 of credit to over $17k in less than three months with the Apple Rewards Barclaycard, Delta Gold Amex, SPG Amex, Chase Freedom, Citi Thank You Premier, CapOne Venture, Amex PRG, and Discover It. Oops. (More inquiries than that, too, as I was not approved for everything I applied for, especially towards the end of this insanity.) So I'm thinking I need to garden until at least October/November!

Message 57 of 1,480
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Still here (although I forgot to post for the past two months...  Smiley Surprised) with my purple gloves and matching watering can; and I brought Seven Up cake for all to enjoy...

Just a few short weeks to my platinum spade!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 58 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

@digitaldiva wrote:

Still here (although I forgot to post for the past two months...  Smiley Surprised) with my purple gloves and matching watering can; and I brought Seven Up cake for all to enjoy...

Just a few short weeks to my platinum spade!  Smiley Happy

First, congrats on making so far!  I'm hoping........Second, purple is my favorite color!  Smiley Very Happy  Cake and 7-up sound great!  Smiley Wink

Message 59 of 1,480
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Checking in. Survived another month without leaving the garden. Was tempted, but avoided HP for a new card...or a CLI.

On the SP CLI front, I was able to continue on the Discover train until midmonth, CLI to $13500. (I started 2015 with a CL of $6000, so I consider this a win.) Also, was able to sign up for their Double Cashback deal for the next year - also a win. Somehow managed to get a CLI of $3k on my Cap One Quicksilver WMC - now up to $13000. 

J Crew gave me a little extra on my CL, which is now up to $2500. 

The gardening seems to get a little easier each month. That's a good thing. I just dread that I'm going to get stuck with a pull when I call Comcast to renegotiate my internet service in the next month or so. 

Message 60 of 1,480
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.