Garden Club - July 2015

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2015

@BUN wrote:

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

Checking in for July. LOL! I was doing well for about a year, then went a little crazy. But I honestly think I'm done. I have cards that I don't use, so what's the use in applying? I'm in the garden for at least 2 years. I want all inquiries off. Had 30+ last year on all 3 CRAs. I'm down to under 10 on each. Need to take the time to pay off some debt I racked up after buying my house in 2013.

Okay, got an itch because opportunity presented itself and I caved. But I'm back...

Welcome back! Sit back and set a spell!Smiley Happy

Yeah, seriously! I need some voodoo or something. LOL! Going on vacation next week, so I'll be distracted. I also re-froze all of my credit reports. 

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1381 of 1,480
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@sterlingrose1 wrote:

I have a question for those of you who have been part of the Cap 1 credit steps program. I had two cards approved in March with $500 limits. I hit the luv button in June just for the heck of it and was surprised with increases on both to $1500. Meanwhile, I was approved for two other Cap 1 cards at substantially higher limits and 0% interest. My six month anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks on those earlier two cards, and I'm wondering if they are likely to increase my limits again? Should I try the luv button, or just wait to see if it happens automatically? Thanks for any advice...

(Although I have used those earlier cards often, I'm now keeping them at 0 balances until September, when my other two cards with 0% interest will be six months old. At that point I'm going to try the consolidation thing people have been talking about. )

Early CLIs don't eliminate your credit steps CLI. You should still get them. Anecdotally, it seems people who hit the luv button early don't get too much more than the originally promised amount of CLI. Good luck!

Just a note to Add i got my first CAP 1 card last Nov. I hit the luv button in Feb and they gave me 100 dollars and then I apped for another card and got a 500 CL.  I waited a couple of months and in April I hit the Luv buttton and got 1000 CLI. Now in May my first card got the CLI from the steps which brought it to 750. not bad ok.  Now i am wondering what my 2nd CAP 1 card increase will be next month now that its 1500.  Its nothing logical i guess.

Message 1382 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just logged into my account and found changes - returned AF for the rest of the year and changed card name to 'TD Easy Rewards Visa Signature' (It was Visa Platinum before). It looks like I don't have anymore secured CC...

I just found my security deposit is unfrozen, so my TD Bank Easy Revards Visa Signature is officially unsecuredSmiley Very Happy

Message 1383 of 1,480
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Man, I was going to do a lucky 777 post I just realized I passed it already.. But oh well, this is my 779 post Sigh* haha

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1384 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

@ HF, unless you are a minor, it's not in Florida! 

I didn't like my last job too much but they did give me a 30 minute lunch and I could take a [paid] break if I chose (you know, for 5-10 minutes or so). 

That can't possible be legal, is it?   You think it'd be against Federal law, if not state law.  Or did you have have to sign something specifically waiving a lunch break?

Surprisingly, federal law does not mandate breaks or lunches. :/

Message 1385 of 1,480
sterlingrose1
Regular Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@sterlingrose1 wrote:

I have a question for those of you who have been part of the Cap 1 credit steps program. I had two cards approved in March with $500 limits. I hit the luv button in June just for the heck of it and was surprised with increases on both to $1500. Meanwhile, I was approved for two other Cap 1 cards at substantially higher limits and 0% interest. My six month anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks on those earlier two cards, and I'm wondering if they are likely to increase my limits again? Should I try the luv button, or just wait to see if it happens automatically? Thanks for any advice...

(Although I have used those earlier cards often, I'm now keeping them at 0 balances until September, when my other two cards with 0% interest will be six months old. At that point I'm going to try the consolidation thing people have been talking about. )

Early CLIs don't eliminate your credit steps CLI. You should still get them. Anecdotally, it seems people who hit the luv button early don't get too much more than the originally promised amount of CLI. Good luck!

Just a note to Add i got my first CAP 1 card last Nov. I hit the luv button in Feb and they gave me 100 dollars and then I apped for another card and got a 500 CL.  I waited a couple of months and in April I hit the Luv buttton and got 1000 CLI. Now in May my first card got the CLI from the steps which brought it to 750. not bad ok.  Now i am wondering what my 2nd CAP 1 card increase will be next month now that its 1500.  Its nothing logical i guess.

I called CS this evening. They initially said my preapproved credit steps increase was $1000, but then they noticed I'd already gotten an early CLI to $1500, so they revised the steps increase to $2000.  Supposed to happen sometime before the 7th billing cycle. Hope that helps you plan ahead a little!

Starting FICO: EQ 520 (October, 2013)
FICO 06/2015: EQ 665 | TU 693 | EX 693

Cards: Amex (Costco) $2000 | Amex (Plenti) $8000 | Amex (PenFed) $5000 CapOne Visa Signature $10,000 & $5000 | CapOne Venture $1000 | Home Depot $3000 | Amazon Store $1000 | Amazon Visa $500 | Macy's $1000
Message 1386 of 1,480
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Negotiations have begun! Used Truecar and one dealership got back to me immediately with a price of $14,790 for the Mazda. 3k less than whats on the Truecar cert O.o Really makes me wonder what the dealerships pay for these cars.

Wholesale 5k or less. Smiley Wink. Okay, maybe 9k. (Used to work in auto auction industry).

Signature needs updating
Message 1387 of 1,480
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
Ack!! Got a score alert ... my highest TU yet 806. Woot! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats.

Signature needs updating
Message 1388 of 1,480
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wholesale 5k or less. . Okay, maybe 9k - I figured it was something like this. Ive accepted that we all get screwed a bit with car deals no matter how great a price we think we negotiated lol But as long as Im happy with what I achieved in the end it wont bother me.
Going to the closest dealer after work since they got back to me Smiley Wink Wish me luck! Apparently end of the month is perfect timing.
Message 1389 of 1,480
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wholesale 5k or less. . Okay, maybe 9k - I figured it was something like this. Ive accepted that we all get screwed a bit with car deals no matter how great a price we think we negotiated lol But as long as Im happy with what I achieved in the end it wont bother me.
Going to the closest dealer after work since they got back to me Smiley Wink Wish me luck! Apparently end of the month is perfect timing.

Sure is! They have to meet their quotas. Smiley Wink

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1390 of 1,480
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.