Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - July 2016

tag
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2016

@Anonymous wrote:

Making Bouillabaisse for dinner this evening, which is not new to me and is in fact one of my favorite dishes. If you plan to come over, let me know now so I can make enough for everyone!

Have a great evening,

humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Oh my god, yum! I hope the seafood in Cancun is good. I'm from New England so I'm completely spoiled, and living in Los Angeles now I'm deprived. Fingers crossed.

Message 421 of 713
driftless
Valued Contributor

humuhum, that looks delicious!
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 422 of 713
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

How's my palladium look? Smiley Wink

9 months and feeling fine. Going to Cancun on Saturday and plan to rack up some sweet, sweet MR points while catching some rays. Scores have ticked up a couple of points in the last month, I expect to see a few more points when I hit the year mark since my post-rebuild app spree.

During my credit hell time period and subsequent rebuild starting in the 570s, this seemed so far away. I always dreamed of being in a place where my scores were good, I didn't need anything, and felt I could make my credit cards work for me. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Have a fantastic time and enjoy Cancun! Congratulations on your hard work and significant progress! 

I am sure that your success story will inspire others. Smiley Happy

Message 423 of 713
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
humuhum, that looks delicious!

You're welcome to come over, driftless, there will be plenty! Smiley Happy

humu   Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 5.28.47 PM.png

Message 424 of 713
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
I am starting over, in past posts I said that at some point I was going to app for a business card, I was at my Chase branch today and I had an offer for Ink Plus.

Congrats driftless!!  From what I understand, having the Ink will help you redeem your Freedom points at a much better value!

This is why we garden Smiley Happy

Message 425 of 713
driftless
Valued Contributor

Yes, and I received two, not one, pre-qualified offers for PRG today as well. So now I have one more card than I wanted. Oh well. So now my wife and I have almost the same cards, except she has the green Amex and doesn't have Ink.. We are going to concentrate our purchase with Chase for the most part.

Yes, this is why we garden.  Closing on our house was the best part.

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 426 of 713
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
Yes, and I received two, not one, pre-qualified offers for PRG today as well. So now I have one more card than I wanted. Oh well. So now my wife and I have exactly the same cards, except she has the green Amex. We are going to concentrate our purchase with Chase for the most part.

That is really nice re/ the prequals, driftless. Chase is a wonderful lender as well. Smiley Happy

Message 427 of 713
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right, I thought that PRG looked shiny and new in that siggy lol

I'm also getting my pole vault equipment ready, but I will let everyone know when the news breaks Smiley LOL

Message 428 of 713
driftless
Valued Contributor

Yeah, the PRG has always been one of the cards that I was thinking about. Still, it is one more card than the "plan" called for but I find it to be a pleasing 5 card wallet.

Humuhum - I like Chase a lot, I am glad that we consolidated all of our deposit accounts there. When I go the branch I always go in rather than through the drive through so that I can wave at or say hi to one of the bankers. That is what happened today and the banker remembered that I said I was going to apply for Ink after our mortgage reported for 6 months. It worked out well.

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 429 of 713
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I am officially back in the Garden my friends.....the goal is the same, get my credit in shape to purchase a home!

Credit cards maxed (55k), score steadily dropping, there is no other place I should be. I started to join the club a few weeks ago, but I was also trying to find a way to BT my way out of paying so much interest each month. I joined PSECU last month and was going for PenFed until I read the awesome thread Baller created.  Long story short, in the past two years, I managed to max out my credit cards traveling and overspending. Goodtimes over and now its time to pay the piper. 

In addition to the maxed cards, I have 30k in personal loans as well as 140k in student loans. Inquiries as follows EQ - 12 EX - 8 TU - 2. I have a paid collection from January 2016 that should be removed before the end of this month. I have a 30 day late (June 2015) reporting to all three CRA and a 30-day late (Oct 2015) reporting to EQ and TU only. 

I will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for at least the next six months, so I look forward to any meals offered in the Garden. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 430 of 713
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.