Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - July 2017

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2017

@Anonymous wrote:
Happy July! Just got my Citi DC and now it's time to tend to my seedlings and wait for my late payments to fall off... Next year 😂 I might actually snag a spade this time!

You're going to love the Citi DC!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 31 of 563
wmweeza
Established Contributor

MY TU score went up 2 points, and I got a CL increase on my Target card...it's a good week! Still gardening and will be until we buy our next house (our move keeps being postponed)

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 32 of 563
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Checking in for July! One year!

Congrats on the 1 year mark :-) 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 33 of 563
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Another month down, definitely rewarding myself with some apple pie!

Spade upgrade on 7/11 to Gold; couple inquiries fell off both EX and EQ this past month, down to 3/1/0 EX/EQ/TU respectively.  No more changes on that front until December rolls around, but this month is NCAP month... Can't Wait!

Plan is getting rejiggered some, going to just move for quality of life reasons and looking hard at renting out the condo... which I may decide to refi my 15 year to a 30Y of some flavor just to reduce the financial burden if I need to do a DTI calculation anytime in the next two years, though I'm thinking of just trying to suck it up anyway.

Hope all's well for everyone else!

        
Message 34 of 563
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Happy (early) holiday weekend! Smiley Happy 

Congrats to those reaching milestones (the summer seems like a popular starting point) and good luck to newcomers and everyone hanging in there Smiley Happy 

Checking in and super excited because I get to claim the sparkly platinum spade!! I can't believe a year has gone by that quickly. I'm just going to keep on gardening since there's really nothing out there needed for me/my current goals. 

I did attempt today to get a credit line increase on my Cap 1 card and was denied because there wasn't enough payment history...because I've used them maybe one month out of the past 6 haha. And only because it's the one attached to an app I rarely use. It's only 1.5% cashback so it's a waste to use it instead of my Citi DC, unless I'm out of the country. But then the limit isn't going to increase, and I really just wanted all my lines to reach 5K. Hmm I'll have to think about whether it's worth it to start putting my spend on it for a couple of months just to get that increase. 

Edit: I just remembered it's been 6 months since my last CLI on Citi DC - just requested and got approved for 1500, so it's now 6600! Yay! 

Message 35 of 563
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I'm still here in the garden; doctors gave me the o.k. to resume my favorite hobby (in moderation), which is crocheting.  Man, how I miss it!  Smiley Happy  So now I know I'll be in the garden for a while...it keeps my hands and my mind occupied - therefore, no temptation to app!  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 36 of 563
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh good idea, @digitaldiva! I should pick up my knitting again 👍
Message 37 of 563
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hellooo, July. 10 days until I get the silver spade! Almost 3 months gardening and no score increase. Sigh. I’m still hanging out in the 650’s. For some reason I cannot break this plateau.

I’m still not sure how long I’ll be gardening for but there’s not really any cards I want except for the Chase FU. I’m still thinking until I reach the 700s.

Hope everyone has an awesome 4th!
Message 38 of 563
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

One month in.  Gave myself a bronze spade.

So far no problem getting those balances paid.  Been putting everything on the cards and paying as I go, especially the Amex BCE and Citi DC.  The Chase Freedom got used occasionally but is going in the back pocket for now until I finish up my restaurant bonus on the Amex.  Then it's going to get used like crazy.  QS, and CFU are in SD after getting the signup bonus on those.  Still waiting for a QS to PDR PC option.  Don't know what I'll do with the CFU other than buy a pack of gum once a month or something and enjoy the util padding.  Maybe I'll PC it to another Freedom... hmm...

Got my 61 day 3X SP CLI on the BCE yesterday, $4K to $12K. Smiley Happy

Scores are creeping up. Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 563
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

New accounts settled in, I'll just be watching over them closely and giving them some love until at least January.  Then maybe it will finally be time to get a new truck.

Message 40 of 563
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.