Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - June 2015

Sorry!

Back on track...I can talk about saving! So as of right now we're just paying off that huge bill we had from the well guy and putting money towards our vacation. Taking 15 dollars a week out of every check and setting it aside..haven't decide what it's for. Fiancé saves about 100 a paycheck but we've had extra bills.

Anyone know of any good Brazilian steakhouses in South FL?
Message 331 of 1,062
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BUN wrote:

I think there is way too much APP talk on this thread. I hate to be a party pooper, but some of us just can't afford to "fall out of the garden"!! I need to stay in the Garden until next summer. I need ALL of my INQ's to fall off and this last trucking late to fall off. Let's talk about our goals and how we can keep from falling out of the GC. I HAVE to stay, and I need a safe place to hide from all the fabulous approvals happening. I have goal cards, and financial goals that won't be achieved any other way. I came to the GC straight out of the rebuild thread, so excuse me if I'm extra touchy. Smiley Sad It has taken me sooo trucking long to get 2 out of three reports COMPLETELY clean. Equifax IS A HUGE THORN IN MY SIDE!

Very well said Bun.  Very well indeed!!!

Message 332 of 1,062
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy Monday Evening All-

Hopefully your summer is off to a great (not brutally hot, like here in FLA) start!

Checking in for the month of June, making my journey three whole months old -hooray-

The Goods:

+24 on EQ ~ +19 on TU 

No changes to Discover, Grow or EX scores yet.

CLIs: +8,000 on DIscover, meeting + surpassing card goal (now it's time to shop) Smiley Tongue

-still too chicken to pull the CLI trigger for my NFCU cashRewards, but I may have to muster up the courage before months end. *a gal's got a goal to meet*

If I'm needed, I'll be over in the Discover CLI thread, soaking it all in + prodding newcomers along!

Happy Gardening All!!!

Side note:

I've found solace in pre-qual links....LOL -whenever i get an itch, I faux apply/check offers, and it seems to suffice- *phew*

Congratulations!!  The heat is killer here!!  . 

Message 333 of 1,062
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@BUN wrote:

I think there is way too much APP talk on this thread. I hate to be a party pooper, but some of us just can't afford to "fall out of the garden"!! I need to stay in the Garden until next summer. I need ALL of my INQ's to fall off and this last trucking late to fall off. Let's talk about our goals and how we can keep from falling out of the GC. I HAVE to stay, and I need a safe place to hide from all the fabulous approvals happening. I have goal cards, and financial goals that won't be achieved any other way. I came to the GC straight out of the rebuild thread, so excuse me if I'm extra touchy. Smiley Sad It has taken me sooo trucking long to get 2 out of three reports COMPLETELY clean. Equifax IS A HUGE THORN IN MY SIDE!

Im right there too.  I need to save money and get a strong profile so i can get that chase freedom and or discover and trade in my car next year. I need to be happy with what i have and not look at any other cards.   I got plenty of baddies to keep me busy as well.

Message 334 of 1,062
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@BUN wrote:

YES! Brilliant post. That's like going to a weight watcher's meeting and talking about crab rangoons! Resist the urge!

My goals for gardening are simple: to stay put until the baddies fall off my report completely. Most everything is scheduled to fall off 2/2016 with 2 items set for 5/2016. That is without EE, which I will be trying for where applicable. This is important to me not only for my fiscal sanity, but because I am hoping to move in with my girlfriend early next year. I need my reports to be as clean as possible so we won't have to add an extra deposit. I also have a short list of "goal cards" I won't be apping for until the major baddies all fall off. I am in the home stretch and don't want any more INQ or tradelines lowering my score. I also think it's prudent to really, really think about what cards I want in the future. This gives me plenty of time to think on it.

In the meantime, I'm working hard to increase my emergency fund/nest egg. Having it is a HUGE peace of mind, and I want it to grow and grow.

Good for you! Well said i got some INQ's that need to go away lol and I just need to sit it out and be patient. I recall last year this time i had no cards. lol

Message 335 of 1,062
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

garden strong for a month and a half, so i switched from seedling... again 

looking forward to my birthday (july 1st) ill be a young 24 this year. 

goals until next year are pay off debt, in order to save for a house in southern cali Smiley Happy

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 336 of 1,062
Anonymous
Not applicable

Random question... are credit card rewards ever taxable income? Cash back, travel equivalence, etc.

Message 337 of 1,062
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Random question... are credit card rewards ever taxable income? Cash back, travel equivalence, etc.

Speaklng from my quicksilver rewards i dont think so.

Message 338 of 1,062
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Speaklng from my quicksilver rewards i dont think so.

No. I don't have my tax code book in front of me, but I'm sure there is a treasury ruling that credit card rewards are not taxable. 

Message 339 of 1,062
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

23 Year old coming into the garden for a short term stint folks. 

I just got approved for the JP Morgan Ritz Carlton card. I also just froze all 3 bureaus to keep me from apping for any other cards that may catch my eye. It'll stay that way until I have to apply for a small car loan with Toyota in August. 

After THAT, I'll be in here until I buy a house (which hopefully wont be for a LONG time).

I'll enjoy dumping money like crazy into my 401k and maxing out the IRA every year till then, because I don't need anything but food, cheap rent, Internet, Netflix and Spotify. 

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 340 of 1,062
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.