Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - June 2015

Good morning, fellow club members. Waiting for Experian and Equifax to respond to my disputes. Trying to be patient. Have a good one...

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 971 of 1,062
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Good Morning everyone!!!

I have no right to call myself one who knows.
I was the one who seeks, and I still am,
but I no longer seek in the stars or in books..
I'm beginning to hear the teachings of my blood pulsing within me.
My story isn't pleasant,
it's not sweet and harmonious
like the invented stories..
it tastes of madness and impossible dreams.
Isn't it funny how..
A single day is enough to make us a little larger or, another time, a little smaller

Message 972 of 1,062
ycm
Established Member

Good Morning All!

Been awhile since my last post but I've been keeping up with reading about the garden festivities!

Either this month or next I will be closing my Fidelity Visa along with the checking account connected to it. Neither have served the purpose that I originally planned/hoped. Before that happens I will transfer as much of the Fidelity credit limit to my BOA card. In all likelihood I will be out of the garden at that point if they do a hard pull, which they did last time I moved CL between the two cards.

Every so often I think about closing my Discover IT which I haven't used in quite some time. It will live another day, at least for now.

Really working on getting my high utilization down but it's going to take some time, especially if I stay in the job I have now. With that said I am doing some job hunting.

My student loan consolidation will begin processing this week so I'm curious to see how that will impact my scores. Potentially not that much but it will be nice to see it neatly packaged in one account versus several.

Have a lovely Monday!
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 973 of 1,062
sterlingrose1
Regular Contributor

@ycm wrote:
Good Morning All!

Been awhile since my last post but I've been keeping up with reading about the garden festivities!

Either this month or next I will be closing my Fidelity Visa along with the checking account connected to it. Neither have served the purpose that I originally planned/hoped. Before that happens I will transfer as much of the Fidelity credit limit to my BOA card. In all likelihood I will be out of the garden at that point if they do a hard pull, which they did last time I moved CL between the two cards.

Every so often I think about closing my Discover IT which I haven't used in quite some time. It will live another day, at least for now.

Really working on getting my high utilization down but it's going to take some time, especially if I stay in the job I have now. With that said I am doing some job hunting.

My student loan consolidation will begin processing this week so I'm curious to see how that will impact my scores. Potentially not that much but it will be nice to see it neatly packaged in one account versus several.

Have a lovely Monday!

I'm going through consolidation on my student loans too, although mine probably won't close for another couple months. Maybe we can compare notes. I've read all kinds of contradictory stuff about how it affects credit, but my mortgage broker told me that for purposes of buying a house, lenders would much rather see one line for student loans rather than multiple lines. I decided to refi the house I'm in rather than buy a new one, so I don't have to worry about that for a couple years at least, but I think consolidation is going to make it much easier for me to manage anyway.

Starting FICO: EQ 520 (October, 2013)
FICO 06/2015: EQ 665 | TU 693 | EX 693

Cards: Amex (Costco) $2000 | Amex (Plenti) $8000 | Amex (PenFed) $5000 CapOne Visa Signature $10,000 & $5000 | CapOne Venture $1000 | Home Depot $3000 | Amazon Store $1000 | Amazon Visa $500 | Macy's $1000
Message 974 of 1,062
BUN
Established Contributor

@sterlingrose1 wrote:

@ycm wrote:
Good Morning All!

Have a lovely Monday!

I'm going through consolidation on my student loans too, although mine probably won't close for another couple months. Maybe we can compare notes. I've read all kinds of contradictory stuff about how it affects credit, but my mortgage broker told me that for purposes of buying a house, lenders would much rather see one line for student loans rather than multiple lines. I decided to refi the house I'm in rather than buy a new one, so I don't have to worry about that for a couple years at least, but I think consolidation is going to make it much easier for me to manage anyway.

I consolidated 3 SL's into one, and my credit score dipped a little, but recovered quickly. I'm so glad I did it. Now there is only one to think about, and it looks much better on the Credit Report!Man LOL

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 975 of 1,062
BUN
Established Contributor

Happy Monday everyone! Garden strong!!Smiley Happy There is absolutely NO movement in scores, but hopefully July will bring some upward trending. At the end of the summer, all but one INQ will be 1 year old. I didn't get a CLI on my CostcoAmex, but what do I want, a million dollars? I just need to suck it up and pay it down...WAY down. It's my highest CL and the most abused.Smiley Embarassed At least I caught it before I went COMPLETELY mad. Everything looks great on my CR's except my UTI, and my AAOA. I removed myself as AU on the Target Red Card a couple of months ago, which was opened 2008 because my husband had a habit of walking in and maxing it out and it only has a 1000 CL. Looking back, maybe not so smart? If I add myself back, will it improve my AAOA?

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 976 of 1,062
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must say, I feel a certain liberty, here in the Garden. No need to app, no need to wait for instructions from Banks, and most of all.....no need to demonstrate the worthiness of my credit profile. Peace be with all of you fellow members, and love, and universal enlightenment. Now excuse me, I have to get to work so I can pay all of the bills I've racked upSmiley Wink

Message 977 of 1,062
Astraea0207

Keep gardening!

My credit score coming with Discover statement took a big leap from 750 to 794 today! XD 

Starting Score: TU 689; EX 720
Current Score: TU 764 (Credit Karma 5/14/14); EX 746 Goal Score: 800
Last App: 03/07/2014 Gardening until: 12/31/2015
Message 978 of 1,062
Astraea0207

Just realized I've been gardening for more than 15 months!!! Can someone award me a ruby spade? Thanks!!! ^o^

Starting Score: TU 689; EX 720
Current Score: TU 764 (Credit Karma 5/14/14); EX 746 Goal Score: 800
Last App: 03/07/2014 Gardening until: 12/31/2015
Message 979 of 1,062
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's Monday. Blargh.

On the other hand, my family's doing a No Spend Challenge in July... kinda feels like double dipping on the gardening. Smiley Very Happy I'm so looking forward to the challenge. 

Message 980 of 1,062
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.