Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2016

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club - June 2016

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Looks like someone beat me to the punch in making the June thread!   With my May app success, it's time to plant myself and let those roots take!  Since it's my first post of the month, I like to post my Garden plans....so here goes:

1. Improve UTIL.   I will actually be able to do something about this, finally!   Toward the end of the month, I will do a BT from my Discover to my BBR.   Since my CL is higher on the BBR, UTIL will improve.   I'm also hoping that my internal score with Discover will raise and they'll give me a decent CLI in 90 days or so.

2.  SP CLIs?   Probably not.   However, now that QS WMC is getting use, I'll try there later in the month.  Discover just gave me a small CLI, so I won't try them until September.  I'd love US Bank to send a CLI offer, but I'm not holding my breath.   

3.  Prune.   I feel like I have a lot of open credit, so I'd like to make some cuts.  Care Credit is most likely to be on the chopping block.  Gold Violin might be, but I may just SD it for a while; it's one of my "older" open CCs, so it might be spared.

4. SD.  I've got quite a few CCs in the SD...Sony Card, Macy's AMEX, Target, BCE, Citi DC, and CU Visa. Amazon will be SDed once the promo balance is paid later this month.   I may also SD my Discover for Q3, since I already get 5% CB at Amazon with Sallie Mae and I don't usually shop at Home Improvement stores.   

5.  Bronze Spade!   I'll get that back on the 10th.   Yay!

And that's it, so far...

Hey SE! 

Great minds think alike... I did a BT from Discover over to my new BBR just last night.  Smiley Very Happy

I was actually calling in to activate my card; I had problems establishing my online access and I called in for the card activation.  For some reason the system routed me over to a CSR... which it appears was a blessing.  The CSR I got was fantastic - I'm now a fan of BoA - and he was able to offer me a balance transfer deal of 0% for 15 months instead of the advertised 12 if I allowed him to process it over the phone.  I was planning on waiting another month or so, but with the extension there was no reason to wait.

Like you I'm hoping for some SP CLI love from Discover soon... fingers are crossed!  Smiley Wink

Side note:  after talking with the CSR I fumbled around with the BoA site a little more, and finally figured out the problem was my VPN.  Once I deactivated it I was able to login with no problem.  It appears that like the Papa John's site, BoA doens't like VPNs, or at least mine.  Smiley Frustrated

That's great news!   Maybe I should call in when I'm ready and see if they have better BT offers on the phone.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 838
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll get them today...

SLD-DONAS.jpg

Smiley Surprised  

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 22 of 838
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Checking in for June! Still gardening strong!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 23 of 838
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I plan on gardening until the BK falls off (January 2018). Pretty content with my credit line up right now, own my home and even if I move before then, it would be most likely to Canada, where a credit pull for new services will not count Smiley Happy

Thankful for all I have learnt on these boards and my financial independence!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 24 of 838
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Also checking in for June and back to square one yet again. Smiley Indifferent

It was quite fruitful though and well worth the extra months setback needed to cross a new AAOA threshold.

Message 25 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey GC!  Checking in for June...counting down my time until I hit 12 months in the garden (in August).

Quick question about score growth while gardening...I get the monitoring through MF, so I am aware when my score changes, etc.  My scores thus far have matched with what is being shown on the free reports I get through Discover, AMEX, and others. This morning (pre-pull) my scores were 721, 719, 708.

I made today my 3B new pull day just to see if there was any jump in my mortgage scores (last pull was November 15 and my mid-score did jump about 6 points). BUT...my FICO 08 scores jumped about 30 points per bureau. (753, 741, 738).

Can I actually trust that these are the scores that will now be reported to the bureaus?  

I still have two accounts waiting to hit the 1-year mark (1 in July and 1 in August), but all the rest have hit 1 year and 6 will hit 2 years by November.  I just can't believe that even if just for a fleeting moment that my scores have benefited this much from proper credit management and gardening!

Message 26 of 838
baller4life
Super Contributor

Checking in for June! Gardening for CSP. I have a long long way to go! 😞
Message 27 of 838
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Bronze spade is being shipped out on June 5th to me (Cinco de Junio).

At checkout they wanted to know if I wanted to apply for the new 'Garden Club Gold Card'. I smelled a trap and declined the new credit application! 

Goals are to refinance my house, not sure if this year or next. Going to have to let my previous app spree age away. Will have to eventually decide if I will go through NFCU, PenFed or a local mortgage broker.

Message 28 of 838
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Good morning GC. Start of month number 4 for me. Also off to a great start as my EQ is now clear of that pesky CO so now I have 100% clean reports. Score went from 706 to 809. TU also went up to 808 from 797 but I'm cautious of that score because there were no Inq showing (Credit Check Total). I've been hearing about this but hadn't experienced it myself. Either way no big deal. 

I was also one of the one's who jumped on the Freedom Unlimited bandwagon back in March. Had second thoughts afterwards due to the fact that I had just opened a Quicksilver in Feb. Don't need redundant cards. Was going to get a Discover to replace it but decided to SM Chase and see if I could switch it back. They said yes so now I can stay in the garden until we apply for a mortgage in the near future. I will eventually get a Discover but I'm more focused on letting Inquiries drop off and letting my AAoA recover from the last year of apps. Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and your summer is off to a great unoffical start. 

Message 29 of 838
driftless
Valued Contributor

Good Morning Garden Club,

I am in the garden drinking coffee again. I put in a new bed, 40' x 5' with roses, peonies, etc. over the last couple of days.

Recently, some of my posts have been "sharp". I want to apologize for that and also to anyone whom I may have offended.. I have not been coping well with the possible impending death of a family member and I am a little bit angry. A little wine, even a little does not help.

- Driftless

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 30 of 838
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.