Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2016

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - June 2016

@Anonymous wrote:
Mixed start of the month for me. I'm officially moved
Into Auston. However, I was pulled over for doing 88 in a 70 in Virginia, where it is a crime (not a traffic offense) to go over 80. Also an issue when there are wide, flat roads where everybody is doing 80-90. Oh well, time to find a traffic lawyer.

Congratulations on getting the move completed.  And do they live in the colonial days still in Virginia.  It's a good thing you moved here to Texas, we know how to drive and what a car is for.  Although, and about everyone going 80-90, I do remember getting stopped several years ago and making a statement to the patrolman that I was keeping up with the traffice and his reply was:  "But I targeted you."  Made me so mad.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 361 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Garden peeps. I made it 12 months and 2 weeks. I had to jump out for a mortgage on Tuesday. I'll be back when this house craziness is over. Happy gardening to you all!

That is great, Annipoo.  Getting a house is wonderful.  Hope everything goes smoothly. 

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 362 of 838
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Hello gardeners! Checking in for June.

5 months in the garden.

Well, except I got added as an AU on my SO's SPG. But that's technically not "my account" Smiley Tongue

Nothing much, FICO scores are behaving in their own way. Mostly around the 760-770 range. 

Got a $1.9k SP CLI on my Citi Dividend, that brings its limit to $9.1k. It was 6 months since its last CLI. 

Closed my Club Carlson Visa card. Not using it much, not using the hotel chain much either, no justification for dragging it beyond a year. 

My utilization is going to tank heavily on my CSP, Freedom, and Discover this month because of a 10-day trip that we took and we splurged. I'm bracing myself for a temporary drop in the scores.

Not fancying any cards, but planning to get a car. Had kept buying one on hold for many months, depending on transit and the weekend cheap rentals; but it seems like getting one will be necessary shortly. Mostly by end of summer. Have to put some thought into it. 

Message 363 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Hard to believe not only is this month nearly half over, the year is nearly half over.  I have never put any goals in writing so decided I would try to start doing that this month, so here they are:

• Request at least one SP CLI.
  • Request APR decrease(s). I have not done this before, so a new endeavor for me.
  • Peruse and study my cards to determine which one(s) I want to prune.
  • Pull cards which are SDd and make small purchase on each.
  • Determine how to pay cards so that only one reports a balance to improve utilization.
  • Watch for double promo reward to be posted to Discover, though it may be next month.
Message 364 of 838
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Gardeners,

Checking in for the day with two exciting bits of credit news:

(1) I got my Bronze Spade back today...yay!

(2) For the first time ever, one of my FICO scores is over 800!   EQ08 hit 801!   I think this is due to INQs from last year that aged off and some aging accounts.

So that's good stuff.   Hope all is well in the Garden

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 365 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Woot!  Congratulations, SunriseEarth.

Message 366 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

I noticed on my Discover bill that I was charged an interest of $9.21, so I called Discover to find out why because I pay the bill in full every month. It appears that through keyboard error, I paid $$$.06 instead of $$$.96 for the bill last month. For each day that that 90 cents was owed, I was charged 23.24% interest which ended up being a total of $9.21. The Discover agent advised interest is charged each day. So a keyboard error of hitting a “0” instead of a “9” costs me an additional $9.21.

While talking to Discover, I was able to get the interest rate reduced to 0% for one year; when that rate expires interest charges will go back up to 23.24% or whatever I can get it reduced to at that time.

I had no idea that Discover charges interest each and every day. I have never read that anywhere so decided I would post it here.

Leassons learned:

1. Always look at the number(s) I type in and assure that they are accurate.
  2. When I get an e-mail telling me payment was received and the amount, always look at it and the bill to make sure they are the same amount. (If I had done that on this bill, I would have paid the additional 90 cents (I always pay my bills about two weeks before they are due so there was still plenty of time) and saved myself the interest charged.
  3. This was my first time asking for an interest rate reduction, and I learned it is not hard at all - just ask.
Message 367 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

That CSR is wrong, or you misunderstood. Interest is charged daily, but at a daily rate that, when compounded 365 times, produces 23.24%. They can't charge you 23.24% per day.

What likely happened is they back-charged you that daily rate on the entire purchases balance, since the card was not PIF. Since a 23.24% APR implies a monthly interest rate of a little under 2%, I assume your balance was around $530?

Alternately you lost your grace period and continued using the card, so they charged the interest on your new purchases starting as soon as they posted.

Message 368 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening everyone! I hope you all have fun things planned for the weekend! Enjoy!Smiley Happy

p.s. It feels good to see inqs fall off and balances go down.

Message 369 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That CSR is wrong, or you misunderstood. Interest is charged daily, but at a daily rate that, when compounded 365 times, produces 23.24%. They can't charge you 23.24% per day.

What likely happened is they back-charged you that daily rate on the entire purchases balance, since the card was not PIF. Since a 23.24% APR implies a monthly interest rate of a little under 2%, I assume your balance was around $530?

Alternately you lost your grace period and continued using the card, so they charged the interest on your new purchases starting as soon as they posted.

I bet all this is the case. 

Message 370 of 838
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.