@Anonymous wrote:
Greetings -

This place feels like home...again Smiley Happy

+1

Message 442 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - June 2016

Good afternoon, fellow gardeners. Super hot here and all quiet on the credit front. Gardening really does get easier the longer you are here. Smiley Happy

Message 443 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

Happy Monday, gardeners!

I've made it in the garden for a total of 8 months and 1 day. (Yay!) Today was my 6 monthiversary since my last Cap One CLI request and they were kind enough to give another $1000. Some might say that's small, but I'll take it over no increase any day.

After much pondering over the weekend, I will be stepping out of the garden later this month/early next month to do some maintenance on my portfolio, but rest assured, once all that is done - I'll be back in the garden for what I hope to be a very long time. It is kind of weird - I'm so used to being in the garden that the thought of leaving gives me a little anxiety, even though I can come back.

Congratulations, iheartwings. 

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 444 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@warofkraid wrote:

I closed on a mortgage towards the end of last month and I applied for two credit cards not long after that since that is usually an ideal time to get new credit from what I've read.  Both approved, Chase Slate & Barclay Ring, for 4.3k and 7.5k respectively.

So all and all good news across the board as far as credit goes.  With a mortgage in hand and any potential future car loans far off in the future I suppose it doesn't matter if I garden yet but there isn't really any other credit I want or feel the need to apply for right now so I suppose I could try for diamond spade again.

That closing date was surely exciting to you.  Probably nervewracking, too.  Wonderful news, warofkraid.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 445 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

Hope y'all are behaving.  No real credit news for us, just laying low and trying to behave ourselves.  Smiley Happy

The good news is that car insurance for a brand new teenybopper driver of the female persuasion is a LOT less expensive than I thought it was....  the bad news is that my 16 year old daughter now has her drivers license...  Y'all be careful out there.  Smiley Tongue

I remember those times with my kids.  Scarrry!  Hang in there.  The teen years can be so crazy.

Message 446 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Message 447 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@travisr0 wrote:
Well after a little over a year I am still holding it down but get tempted every now and then and thats when you need to ask "Do I really need another card or LOC?" and the answer continues to be no, as I have large limits on my current cards. Last year I also reduced my credit cards from 11 total to 4 current CC's from each major CC carrier.

That ruby is gorgeous, Travis.  I am working on determining what cards I need to get rid of.  Congratulations to you for getting down to 4 cards.  I am with you about "no" to cards.  I, too, have what I consider large amounts and just don't need others - that is one reason I am trying to pare down.

Message 448 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@travisr0 wrote:
Well after a little over a year I am still holding it down but get tempted every now and then and thats when you need to ask "Do I really need another card or LOC?" and the answer continues to be no, as I have large limits on my current cards. Last year I also reduced my credit cards from 11 total to 4 current CC's from each major CC carrier.

That's amazing...11 to 4 CC's in a year! Congrats!!! I am wishing my limits were higher but what can I do Smiley Very Happy. Hope everyones Sunday is going well! Spent the afternoon tubing on the river and riding my bike! Also nice score jump in the last few days...let my CC report 0 balance and all my scores jumped almost 20 points! Kind of neat to see...will have to let them report with like 1-2% and see if that does anything! Whats everyone up to this afternoon?

-Sin

Congrats on the points increase, Sin.  Well done.

Message 449 of 838
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

Hope y'all are behaving.  No real credit news for us, just laying low and trying to behave ourselves.  Smiley Happy

The good news is that car insurance for a brand new teenybopper driver of the female persuasion is a LOT less expensive than I thought it was....  the bad news is that my 16 year old daughter now has her drivers license...  Y'all be careful out there.  Smiley Tongue

I remember those times with my kids.  Scarrry!  Hang in there.  The teen years can be so crazy.

Crazy yes, but we're on our third teenybopper, and by all means, she's the sanest of the bunch.   Still an inexperienced novice driver, but she generally makes good decisions and we have a lot less excitement with this one...

... so far...  

One small CLI showed up, but no real credit news for us.  Hoping for another CLI later this month on one of DW's CCs. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 450 of 838
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.