Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2016

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - June 2016

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

I have concluded, for the moment anyway, that my AARP card will be pruned.  It is just not doing anything for me, except the 3% dining.  Now that the new Citi Costco card is activated, will be using it quite a bit, and it also gives 3% for dining.  No reason to have duplicative cards regarding dining, as far as I can see.  Really can't see that any other card can go right now.  Will make a decision by the end of the week.  The only thing is that, as I understand it, I can't transfer the SL to my Ink or my Chase Amazon, which I also rarely use, since am trying to use Discover until the last moment, which for me is June 25 for the double promo.  Might use the Amazon for Amazon purchases after June 25.  Have even thought of opening another Chase card to transfer the $$$$ to, but don't want a HP.  Unless someone can tell me a really good Chase card that is worth a HP.

You know when you start paying attention to financial issues, it is a manner of constantly reviewing and making decisions.  Hopefully the decisions are advantageous.

If you do not use the AARP for 30 days (I wait 45), can transfer to personal.  For instance, will later close AARP or Freedom, after no transactions for 45 days.  Then, transfer some to the other personal card, and leave around 2k to request cli on ink.  They do not do direct transfer to business cards, but CAN (note, this is not guarantee) allow an increase on business card, while doing a decrease on personal card. Smiley Wink

Thank you so very much for that info, Imperfectfuture.  I had always read that one could not transfer the money from any "branded" card, so your provided info is invaluable to me.  I had not used the card for at least two months, so I will definitely try to transfer the credit limit.  Gosh I am excited about the decision I will make at the end of the week.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 641 of 838
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did leave the garden briefly today.....  But it was for a good cause....  I wanted to take advantaged of my improved scores to replace my car.

Today I got approved for a 2016 BMW 228i.... Sweet lil coupe.  I'm very happy...

BUT... back to the garden i shall go.

That is so nice for you.  So glad you are happy with your new car.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 642 of 838
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Gardeners,

Got great news last night!   After coming home from a very long, stressful day, I found a letter from US Bank.   They gave me a CLI on my Cash+ from $5000 to $7500!   I was very happy.

As for today, I see that my BT is pending on the BBR side, so hopefully they'll pay Discover soon.   I'll keep my eyes on that; I'm always afraid they'll pay someone else's account by mistake!

I logged into Cap One and noticed that my cards were no longer "Quicksilver World Mastercard" and "Quicksilver Visa Signature"....they were both just called "Quicksilver"...interesting.

Anyway, hope your Gardening is going well!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 643 of 838
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

I still think that gardening is different for each of us.  Not a thing wrong with UncleB's view either, I just don't share all of it.  Yes, I post silly pictures of jail cells, etc but I am fully aware that I'm here by choice.  Some of you (OK, it feels like LOTS of you) have excellent, top of the line credit lines and cards available to you and I can see how and why the garden becomes a paradise with no reason to ever leave...  not all of us are THERE yet tho.  I am making progress, finally got in with Discover and Chase this year, and managed to open a total of four new accounts while paying off roughly a dozen older, smaller, higher interest rate cards...

I'm getting there, but sometimes, the time delay in between steps feels like, well... a jail cell.  Smiley Happy

MJ. could you PLEASE remove the armed squirrels from my front door???  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 644 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

I still think that gardening is different for each of us.  Not a thing wrong with UncleB's view either, I just don't share all of it.  Yes, I post silly pictures of jail cells, etc but I am fully aware that I'm here by choice.  Some of you (OK, it feels like LOTS of you) have excellent, top of the line credit lines and cards available to you and I can see how and why the garden becomes a paradise with no reason to ever leave...  not all of us are THERE yet tho.  I am making progress, finally got in with Discover and Chase this year, and managed to open a total of four new accounts while paying off roughly a dozen older, smaller, higher interest rate cards...

I'm getting there, but sometimes, the time delay in between steps feels like, well... a jail cell.  Smiley Happy

MJ. could you PLEASE remove the armed squirrels from my front door???  Smiley Tongue

Ditto

But I enjoy all the different views and separate journeys!,,,,

Message 645 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for the month of June, just turned 25 at the start of the month, and a few days ago hit 2 months for this round in the garden. I'm pretty content with where I'm at as far as my card selection and limits. The only thing I may try for is an APR reduction for Citi DC, the current 23.24% is insane, and the next highest thing I have is Blispay at 19.99% but that's what everyone gets. I'm at the high end of the range for DC, may give them a call tomorrow to hopefully lower it considerably. Not that I plan to pay interest anyway, I just still need goals. Smiley Happy

Message 646 of 838
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

3pt increase this AM from EX and now I see 2 pts increase with TU. I expect my Palladium Card invite any day. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 647 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

3pt increase this AM from EX and now I see 2 pts increase with TU. I expect my Palladium Card invite any day. 

Lol

Grinding away..good for you.....like the last 10 pounds of a diet !😊

Message 648 of 838
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening fellow gardeners. I have been quite busy so not much time to hang out the last few days. Not much time tonight either as I should be in bed now, but I wanted to stop by and say I am still gardening strong!

As for the previous questions, being on here actually makes it hard to garden when it wasn't before (even though I didn't know I was gardening LOL) because of all the people talking about apping. But at the same time I am gaining a wealth of knowledge that I wouldn't have without myfico. I feel the pull to app for new cards, but I am able to stay pretty strong because I know my scores need to improve and that is only going to happen with time. That's why I updated my sig to include that last line. I am thinking hard about what I am going to app for later though, i.e. specific reward categories I am looking for. But when I step out of the garden to app for those it will be because it is carefully evaluated and planned and it is the right time to expand.

If the pull does get to be too much I think I could come here and be talked off the ledge. Smiley Happy

Message 649 of 838
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Garden newbie here!   Been on the wagon for almost 2 months now.  The FICO Gods didn't like

3 new HP's on Experian in as many months.  Determined to not even think about apping until 2017.

Note to self: must stay away from approvals area! 

I've printed out a 12-month calendar with dates circled of when current accounts reach their 6 or 12 month

anniversaries as some kind of incentive.  I count 13 events over the next 6 months, and each should boost

my scores somewhat.  Hoping to be in the 800 club by January!

Message 650 of 838
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.