Did you mean: 

Garden Club - March 2016

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - March 2016

Wow, 10+ pages already! Smiley Very Happy

Happy March all! 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 111 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. Still gardening, had to stay away for a while because this site makes me want to apply for any and every card. But I'm still gardening, since the end of November and my score has jumped about 30 points. Have a great evening!
Message 112 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still on the wagon... only been a couple weeks, but I have all the cards I need, dont see a new mortgage in my future anytime soon and have all the cars I need as well... Changing my spade mid month!

Message 113 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for March! Reports are locked for the first time ever. This will prevent unwanted apping on my part. My goal is to be app free for the rest of the year. Let stuff age off is my goal!

Message 114 of 1,215
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I'm still here too.

At least until Capital One feeds the mule that they use to deliver statement info to the CRA's.

Hmph.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 115 of 1,215
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Happy March Gardening Y'all!

Message 116 of 1,215
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Greetings, fellow gardeners!

I tried to stay awake long enough last night, but I really couldn't keep my eyes open! 

February was a short month, but I still had a few good and not so good things (they weren't bad...they just were)...

Good Things

(1) I said I wouldn’t, but I did… Got another $6k CLI on Discover (around 60 days after my last) for a total CL of $44k. I won’t say that I won’t do it again, because I did that the last time, and look at what I went and did.

(2) After income verification (with the dreaded 4506-T) with American Express, I was able to get a 3x CLI on my Delta SM Platinum AmEx, going from $10k to $30k. My BCP also has a limit of $30k. Even though I am not going to prohibit myself from one more CLI request on Discover, I am done with requesting CLIs with AmEx.

(3) I requested my annual free Innovis credit report for the first time, and it had nothing for me to dispute!

Not So Good Things

(1) I requested a CLI with US Bank on my REI MC, which was declined due to a history of bankruptcy. I’m okay with that. The CL is $14k and is a flexible spending credit card, so if I had to go over the limit, it'd be okay.

(2) I did my taxes and owe an additional $2.5k to the feds! Relative to the amount I've paid, this isn't much, but it still stinks to have to pay. (Although the alternative is to think that I did have the opportunity to earn 1.0%APY on that amount while it sat in savings over the last year!)

March heralds a couple things for me in the garden. First, March 9 marks my 9 year anniversary since filing for BK7, which means, in a year, it will finally fall off my CR! (Well, I’ll ask for EE from TU in September, EX in December, and EQ in January/February.) Second, March 12 means I’ve been gardening for 5 months.

Garden strong, y’all.

Message 117 of 1,215
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

So I started my pre-qual for my mortgage today and got new inquiries -- does that put me back to seedling? It's for a mortgage app (which is my goal), not for a CC (trying not to lose my precious gem! Smiley Tongue)

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 118 of 1,215
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

So I started my pre-qual for my mortgage today and got new inquiries -- does that put me back to seedling? It's for a mortgage app (which is my goal), not for a CC (trying not to lose my precious gem! Smiley Tongue)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does.

However, if you get multiple inquiries from mortgage shopping - the date of your first HP sets your clock, according to the guidelines:

Also, for those who are seeking a new mortgage or refinancing an existing one, we understand that your lender will pull your CRs multiple times before closing. For those GC'ers, the first hp will set your clock, not the subsequent pulls. However, if you are simply rate shopping, then the normal hp rules apply.

Message 119 of 1,215
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club March 2016

Thanks for creating the thread! Smiley Wink
Message 120 of 1,215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.