Garden Club - March 2016

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club March 2016

@tcbofade wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning and happy garden clubbing! Time to start looking around for a mortgage this month!

Was out sick yesterday.  Am in the process, my first offer (land) has been accepted with contingencies.  Earnest money ready whenever we get to that point in the construction loan process.  They still have not pulled my scores with USDA.  Got q few calls to make today.  Hope your process is not quite the full time job mine is turning into.  Smiley Embarassed

In gardening news, no credit changes until mortgage closed.  Good for gardening, bad if I want to close cards.  Not sure what to do about aviator, because travel is not a priority for another year and three months.  Ugh.  Smiley Frustrated

Do NOT close any of your accounts right now.  When you close on your home and have the keys in your hand, close whatever you'd like.  Big picture.  You can do this!

Thanks.

Signature needs updating
Message 131 of 1,215
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club - March 2016

@iheartwings wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

So I started my pre-qual for my mortgage today and got new inquiries -- does that put me back to seedling? It's for a mortgage app (which is my goal), not for a CC (trying not to lose my precious gem! Smiley Tongue)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does.

However, if you get multiple inquiries from mortgage shopping - the date of your first HP sets your clock, according to the guidelines:

Also, for those who are seeking a new mortgage or refinancing an existing one, we understand that your lender will pull your CRs multiple times before closing. For those GC'ers, the first hp will set your clock, not the subsequent pulls. However, if you are simply rate shopping, then the normal hp rules apply.

Oh well, it was fun having the sapphire for a little while. :-b Thanks for the info above. I'm trying to get all the inquiries for mortgage rate shopping within the 14 day window.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 132 of 1,215
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@iheartwings wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

So I started my pre-qual for my mortgage today and got new inquiries -- does that put me back to seedling? It's for a mortgage app (which is my goal), not for a CC (trying not to lose my precious gem! Smiley Tongue)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does.

However, if you get multiple inquiries from mortgage shopping - the date of your first HP sets your clock, according to the guidelines:

Also, for those who are seeking a new mortgage or refinancing an existing one, we understand that your lender will pull your CRs multiple times before closing. For those GC'ers, the first hp will set your clock, not the subsequent pulls. However, if you are simply rate shopping, then the normal hp rules apply.

Oh well, it was fun having the sapphire for a little while. :-b Thanks for the info above. I'm trying to get all the inquiries for mortgage rate shopping within the 14 day window.

LOL, I am trying to get the inquiries, the federal government moves SLOW!!

Signature needs updating
Message 133 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last night I had a dream about the Citi DC, again. I hope the spirit gods of the Garden Club can help me stay on track. NO MORE CARDS until I buy a house, which will be no sooner than late 2017. I have to focus on saving and paying down my student loan.

In other news, have you guys watched Jimmy Fallon's Wheel of Musical Impressions? Arianna Grande was so good I laughed myself to tears!

Message 134 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is already a wonderful day and it's not quite 7am here. I checked my CK and  EQ finally dropped the judgement! I pulled a 1b from here because I should be able to pull a full report from CK in 4 days, but get this...my  EQ score went up 80 freaking points! I'm fairly certain some of that was from paying down  balances, but the report is still showing a balance of 900 bucks and I paid it down below 100 a few days ago. Even with the balance, I am now in the 800 club! I'm just so damn ecstatic! From 665 this time last year to a high achiever!

800 Capture.JPG

Message 135 of 1,215
driftless
Valued Contributor

800! Congrats!
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 136 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking in Smiley Happy  Still trying to get the UTL down and the FICO numbers up!!!

Message 137 of 1,215
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

I'm really feeling twitchy to hit some luv buttons. 

I'm thinking it may be best to wait until after my statements post with much reduced balances.

Message 138 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm back for March check in.

Feb. accomplishments:

• Credit One (unpaid charge off) removed from reports after goodwill email (Midland now owns debt...yuck!)
  • Capital One (authorized user tradeline; paid charge off) removed from reports after dispute
  • Added new credit lines to decrease utilization

March goals:

• Remove last 2 negative tradelines: Midland Funding (Credit One charge off) + Capital One (paid charge off)
  • Decrease utilization
  • Break 650??
  • NO inquiries!

Happy gardening all Smiley Happy

Message 139 of 1,215
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys, girls, pizzas, tortoises, and whatever cold is!

I've got some wonderfully stupid news to report...as most of you know, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for TWO credit card accounts to update their most recent statement information to the CRA's....both accounts cut statements on Sunday morning.  Both accounts are with Capital One.  This morning, ONE of the accounts updated, and the other has NOT.

What?  How?  Did the mule drop one of his mail bags???

In other news, Happy Birthday to me! 

Hope y'all have a wonderful day in the garden!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 140 of 1,215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.