Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - March 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - March 2016

Bronze spade day was March 9th. I missed it. Just a check in until May 9th with the 3 month spade.

Message 621 of 1,215
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Had to unfreeze credit reports today..  HP or two incoming for a new place to live since my current landload is selling the condo I live in.  Still think I am counted in garden for HP for new condo/Apt and cable correct?  If not their might be some CC apps going along with my new place to live when they yank my credit for living arragements

No, HPs for rentals and utilities don't count, since you're not seeking credit.    The last time I applied for an apartment, I was triple pulled.   Very annoying...I wonder why they can't just SP?

Wow you frigging serious.. Was that really necessary of them?

Message 622 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

In sort of related news, I'm probably extending my stay in the garden even further. I orginally planned on exiting in January, but pushed it back to March. Now, I'm starting to look for mortgages. However, almost all of these pesky companies want you to work before the company before you can get a loan. On one level, it makes sense, since they want you to be able to pay back the loan. However, it makes it hard to change cities, especially as a student. And, at the deeper level, your employment is almost never actually guaranteed, so there is not certainty to payments. I've only found one bank (maybe) willing to work with me on a relocation loan. So, I might be giving up on buying a house in Austin come Monday and staying in the garden for another 6-12 months. On the plus side, I might actually get to the diamond spade!

Message 623 of 1,215
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Good evening all! 

I product changed my Citi Platinum AA Select card to the Double Cash today. I didn't really care to get a retention offer on this account since I NEVER use it. So I didn't even try, and went ahead and product changed the account. 1 less AF Smiley Very Happy 

Also, I was able to hop on the Unlimited AT&T data bandwagon. Though throttled after 22GB, it's better than worrying about overages when I was with Verizon. 

Message 624 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been in garden since april 2 of last year....thinking about coimg out after my accounts age over a year....

Message 625 of 1,215
Loques
Regular Contributor

Picking up a bronze spade (...again)! The first 30 days always feels so long! Looking forward to staying in the garden for awhile. Smiley Happy

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 626 of 1,215
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Officially checking into the garden for the foreseeable future. Technically joined back after my approvals back on the 9th, but making it official now. I have pretty much all cards I wanted with the exception of the Amex BCE, but I'll wait on that one until Amex and I have a little more history together. Feels good to pretty much be at my goal portfolio for the most part, and looking forward to actually paring down over time from 10 cards to like 6 or 7. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 627 of 1,215
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone! The weekend is finally here!

Message 628 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In sort of related news, I'm probably extending my stay in the garden even further. I orginally planned on exiting in January, but pushed it back to March. Now, I'm starting to look for mortgages. However, almost all of these pesky companies want you to work before the company before you can get a loan. On one level, it makes sense, since they want you to be able to pay back the loan. However, it makes it hard to change cities, especially as a student. And, at the deeper level, your employment is almost never actually guaranteed, so there is not certainty to payments. I've only found one bank (maybe) willing to work with me on a relocation loan. So, I might be giving up on buying a house in Austin come Monday and staying in the garden for another 6-12 months. On the plus side, I might actually get to the diamond spade!

You have a very good card lineup in your signature there.... I'm very jealous. I really wish I had started this journey years ago. I missed out on the Sallie Mae card. Now. I really want that AARP card, but I'm waiting for a while. Hopefully it's still around next year.

Message 629 of 1,215
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get to bump up to bronze spade on the 16th! Yay!!!

Message 630 of 1,215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.