Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - March 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - March 2018

@Anonymouswrote:

I will not jump the fence. I will not jump the fence. I will not jump the fence. 

I will not jump the fence. I will not jump the fence. I will not jump the fence. 

tenor.gif

Woo-hoo!  The chant worked!  So proud of you, MF!

Still trying to get caught up!

The rain was HEAVY again this morning. Can barely see a thing.

Message 2831 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Just had to order a couple of items from VS. I miss the free shipping from using my Angel Card. Having pruner's regret right now. Smiley Happy

I buy all my undies from there too......usually online. If you catch them at the right time, they offer free shipping if you meet the spend.

Message 2832 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

tenor.gifHey s

Woo-hoo!  The chant worked!  So proud of you, MF!

Still trying to get caught up!

The rain was HEAVY again this morning. Can barely see a thing.

Hey sleepless, the weather must be really bad in the Bay Area. I had a co-worker coming home from a conference on Tuesday, her flight to SF was way late, and then she got to SF and all flights home were cancelled. Three more were coming back today, and their flight to SF was late, so they missed the only flight home. In both cases, cars were rented to make the 4.5 hour drive home. Smiley Frustrated

Message 2833 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Just had to order a couple of items from VS. I miss the free shipping from using my Angel Card. Having pruner's regret right now. Smiley Happy

I buy all my undies from there too......usually online. If you catch them at the right time, they offer free shipping if you meet the spend.

Thanks, Justa! I'll keep my bum planted in the garden then, and I'll just watch for those free shipping deals. Or I could just go into the store, but I really hate it. Nope, not a shopper at all! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2834 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir, thanks for sharing those photos! Magical! Been too long since I’ve been.

@sasha, my goodness, I’ve missed so much! Will follow your link! Wishing you well!

Message 2835 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every morning I wake up and fall to my knees in front of my Ting! Optical Network Terminal (aka fiber modem) and kiss that beautiful little black box in praise of their offering me rare freedom from Comcast.

I'll agree that quality and pricing of internet is probably biggest obstacle for cord cutting, with lack of an easy single destination streaming service being a very very close second. While I've got zero problems using 4 or so different apps to cover my viewing spectrum I know other's like to just turn on the TV and hit channel guide.
Message 2836 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

And a happy, uh, Friday? to everyone in credit land. Taking the 3y/o to tour one of two co-op schools in town that we're interested in @ 8:30 this morning. Wondering why in the hell we agreed to be there so early when we're a (non blame laying or culprit identifying 😀) notoriously late family. Wife's scrambling to breakfast & shower while I lay here keeping said 3y/o comfortable until about t-minus 30.

Other then that mostly nerding out over the new OLED TV and enjoying a short reprieve before my in-laws come visit yet again next week. Sigh.

Swinging to best buy later this morning to pickup 4k blu-ray player and a couple disc's, I'm not normally a brick and mortar person but they've got same price as Amazon and I'm feeling impatient. I swore off physical media nearly 10 years ago, except for a single use to rip discs and load them into my server, but the fidelity difference in a streaming 4k HDR vs 4k HDR Blu-ray has made me a reluctant user again. At least for now. Have a good weekend MF'ers.
Message 2837 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Every morning I wake up and fall to my knees in front of my Ting! Optical Network Terminal (aka fiber modem) and kiss that beautiful little black box in praise of their offering me rare freedom from Comcast.

I'll agree that quality and pricing of internet is probably biggest obstacle for cord cutting, with lack of an easy single destination streaming service being a very very close second. While I've got zero problems using 4 or so different apps to cover my viewing spectrum I know other's like to just turn on the TV and hit channel guide.

this exactly!  plus i like to just hit "tv power" when i walk in the door after work and walk away and just have whatevers on be the background noise until i get settled.. and what if i want to watch msnbc or cnn? 

and when i wake up at 2am like i did last  night i put on QVC and listen to them babble on and im tired again in 30 minutes 😂

Message 2838 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

this exactly!  plus i like to just hit "tv power" when i walk in the door after work and walk away and just have whatevers on be the background noise until i get settled.. and what if i want to watch msnbc or cnn? 

and when i wake up at 2am like i did last  night i put on QVC and listen to them babble on and im tired again in 30 minutes 😂

This by no means scientific and is purely based on observation, and I usually hesitate to make broad generalizations based on a person's chromosomes. HOWEVER - I have certainly noticed that the women in my life tend to favor more the style of viewing you describe: background noise, flipping between shows quickly and easily along with watching (wife sister and mother in laws word's here) "junk shows" that they otherwise wouldn't spend the time and effort to view specifically on Hulu Netflix etc. Something about it being there without having to intentionally search it out makes the viewing more appealing. I judge not and don't discount the quality of shows watched, these are self retorted descriptors. 

I myself cannot stand the background noise viewing style and it made me weep when the Mrs. signed us up for SlingTv in order to recreate this aspect of having cable. 

Message 2839 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

This by no means scientific and is purely based on observation, and I usually hesitate to make broad generalizations based on a person's chromosomes. HOWEVER - I have certainly noticed that the women in my life tend to favor more the style of viewing you describe: background noise, flipping between shows quickly and easily along with watching (wife sister and mother in laws word's here) "junk shows" that they otherwise wouldn't spend the time and effort to view specifically on Hulu Netflix etc. Something about it being there without having to intentionally search it out makes the viewing more appealing. I judge not and don't discount the quality of shows watched, these are self retorted descriptors. 

I myself cannot stand the background noise viewing style and it made me weep when the Mrs. signed us up for SlingTv in order to recreate this aspect of having cable. 

😂 yes sorry i cannot see myself living without cable nor can i see myself switching between multiple different apps to watch every show i watch now. i like way to many series and yes 😱 reality tv shows haha

Message 2840 of 3,760
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.