Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2015

tag
xnxo
Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2015

Still gardening strong!! 

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 241 of 1,351
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still in the garden. Helping the rest of my family get their credit acts together although they aren't the best at listening to my advice. Smiley Sad

Message 242 of 1,351
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Message 243 of 1,351
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

So I guess I acted on impulse and almost got Lexington law to help me with baddies because it's just a quick fix but after I paid for the credit report I cancelled just didn't seem right the letters I saw from them were horrible and I have about 13 collections now total to work on and I guess it's just gonna take time and patience which is not a strong point for me. I have some good lines of credit now and after the approach they told me I can do that I just need to allow some time and work to put into it. I guess I'm harder on myself and they told me my situation really ain't that bad.

Message 244 of 1,351
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:
So I guess I acted on impulse and almost got Lexington law to help me with baddies because it's just a quick fix but after I paid for the credit report I cancelled just didn't seem right the letters I saw from them were horrible and I have about 13 collections now total to work on and I guess it's just gonna take time and patience which is not a strong point for me. I have some good lines of credit now and after the approach they told me I can do that I just need to allow some time and work to put into it. I guess I'm harder on myself and they told me my situation really ain't that bad.

It's not, you're doing great! Stick with it and save yourself the money.

I think the hardest part about this journey is patience. Really. I think it's just part of our culture to want results yesterday. I've had to really tell myself to be patient multiple times, but it's always paid off. Whenever I feel myself getting antsy, I look at my credit to do list and write another GW letter or something like that. Or I come on here and try to help someone just starting out. I have about 8 months to go until pretty much all my baddies are gone and I find the closer it gets the harder it is to be patient. But we must forge on! Smiley Wink

Message 245 of 1,351
BUN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Still in the garden. Helping the rest of my family get their credit acts together although they aren't the best at listening to my advice. Smiley Sad

Once they see the results they will start listening! My family calls me the credit Dr. now! Smiley Happy

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 246 of 1,351
BUN
Established Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

I think the hardest part about this journey is patience. Really. I think it's just part of our culture to want results yesterday. I've had to really tell myself to be patient multiple times, but it's always paid off. Whenever I feel myself getting antsy, I look at my credit to do list and write another GW letter or something like that. Or I come on here and try to help someone just starting out. I have about 8 months to go until pretty much all my baddies are gone and I find the closer it gets the harder it is to be patient. But we must forge on! Smiley Wink

Well said!!!

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 247 of 1,351
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

Thanks  I get discouraged especially when it comes to interest rates and just thinking how much I could save. But before last year I didn't even know all this info before I came to this forum so I guess I need to be grateful for what I got instead of what I don't have . Thanks for the encouragement!  

Message 248 of 1,351
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the garden. I figure I need to learn this now while my credit history is young. Gonna be good to my QS1 and my Freedom and SD my Cap1 Secured, because it has served its cute little purpose. I hope gardening doesn't mess with my allergies lol. I'm gonna set a gardening until date and put it in my siggy so I have a visible goal. 

Message 249 of 1,351
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Checking in for May..still in the garden! Hope everyone is having a fabulous month thus far!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 250 of 1,351
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.