Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2015

tag
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2015

Good evening Garden Club members!!  Time to check in for the month of May.  Time to keep my feet in the soil, hand on the water bucket and do so old fashion gardening.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 81 of 1,351
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I join y'all in this if I know I'll be applying for a mortgage in a few months? I need to stay on track in all other aspects but I guess that would constitute a HP. I know you said for apartments and jobs, I wasn't sure if houses were "factors beyond." 

I'm working hard to get it all together after a few years of non-stellar choices and definitely need the encouragement! (And patience with my stupid questions, probably.)

Message 82 of 1,351
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure the garden is for anyone wanting to stop apping or acquiring an HP for all of those reasons!  Smiley Very Happy  Welcome.  

Message 83 of 1,351
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am in the garden as well!!!!!!! if i take a hp for CLI, am i still consider gardening? haha

Message 84 of 1,351
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

@designated_knitter wrote:

Happy May, everyone...

I... SWEAR....TODAY... WILL... BE.... MY.... LAST.... HARD.... PULL until 02/15/2016

I traded in my 18 percent car loan (and associated 2-year-old Nissan Rogue) for a 9 percent car loan (and brand new Nissan Maxima).  I hadn't really planed to do this but the 18 percent interest was killing me and I dispised GMFinancial.  

Of course, I really pushed the last nerve of the sales manager because he kept asking what it would take to get me out the door and I wouldn't budge... I liked my Nissan and really the only thing wrong was the financing company.  Wasn't sure about downsizing from an SUV to a sedan because so I was probably in the best possible position... I wasn't really sure I wanted to trade.  He kept coming down and down and finally said "you're going to blow this deal for 24 bucks a month?"  I said the same could be said of him.  I told him I would go up 1 dollar.  He finally agreed.  Then when they were writing up the contract -- come to find out he had tacked on 3 extra months onto the loan... I said "no thanks" and was walking out.  He just got all ticked out and said "just sell her the car!"  He was barely polite as I was walking out the door... 

My sales guy was saying "we aren't making any money on this deal".  I told him, if they weren't making any money -- they wouldn't be doing the deal and there was no one holding a gun to their head.

Soooooo, that was my early birthday present to myself.  It is a nice car... a lot of fun.  I just wonder if I'll miss the cargo space... I definitely won't miss GMFinancial.

Cheers!

Congratulations! I've owned 2 Nissan Maximas, and the first one will probably always be my favorite car.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 85 of 1,351
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting in for the month of May. I somehow managed to lose my wallet last night so cue the frantic searching through everywhere it could be.

Here's hoping I find it and that the rest of the month improves.

ETA: On the last search, I found it. This board must be good luck Smiley Wink

Message 86 of 1,351
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@itgirl74 wrote:

Good morning GCers! My goal for May is simply to stay the course and finally pick up a spade. It'll be easy since my scores are currently too low to get the cards I want, and I have everything I need anyway. I did manage to get back 5 points on EQ when Discover reported. I guess they liked the $7K CL with $0 balance.

I got my first statement for my car loan, which is held by Subaru Motors Finance aka Chase Auto. A couple of months ago when I opened accounts with BECU, I was determiend to get rid of Chase entirely, and now I have a checking account, credit card, and auto loan with them. At least they make it incredibly easy to manage all the accounts in one place.

Heehee, though I do have their products, I still stick with CU's and a brokerage account.  I like Chase credit, too many fees for banking.  JMHO.  Congrats on new(ER) car. Smiley Happy

Signature needs updating
Message 87 of 1,351
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

Checking in for May...

1 month into my 6+ month gardening session... no plans to app for anything until my auto refi this fall.

EE and the 700 club is coming at the end of the year as well.

6 months will go by like that Smiley Happy And you'll be in the 700 club.

What's EE though? 

Early exclusion.  6 months TU... 3 months EQ and EX.

I'm looking at 10/1 and 1/1/16 as the dates that all my derogs from BK13 fall off in advance of the scheduled 4/1/16 date (7 years from filing)... and my scores go way up.

Just a heads up, EQ won't do 3 months.  They might say that, but it's automated to fall off one month early on the first day of the preceding month (been through this).

Signature needs updating
Message 88 of 1,351
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Good Morning Everyone. Day 11 of 5 Years 

Message 89 of 1,351
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Checking in for May. Still going strong, with no plans to aquire new credit as of yet .

@dapps06 wrote:

I had a CRAZY month of April with 25 total inquiries. A couple of them were CLI attempts but most were for new cards.

Next May I have a 90 day late drop from my reports, and in July of 2017 my final negative account will drop, a settled auto loan with WF. I'm planning on gardening until then. At that point I'll have three clean reports, not one inquiry, and all of my CC accounts will be 2-3 years old. I'm hoping my scores reach 740+ across the board when this journey is complete.

26 straight months begins right now Smiley Happy

dapps06 -

I was pretty much in your position a little over two years ago, and made the same plan you did. I had done all I could to raise my scores and get a couple of negative items off my reports to no avail, and finally made a commitment to Garden until those baddies fell off. The last of them fell off last month and I saw a bump from right around 700 to what you see below. I am sure you will reach your goal and then some in the next 26 months if you stick to your plan.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 90 of 1,351
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.