Garden Club - May 2016

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2016

@EdMan63 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@EdMan63 wrote:

Happy Monday everyone. Hope all the mom's had a great Mothers Day. Nothing new on the credit front. When you're gardening that's not always a bad thing I guess. Just shows you how boring credit really is when you're not applying for cards or buying houses and whatnot. When you're rebuiding and things are constantly changing with new accounts being added, balances changing, aging, you can see lots of up and down movement with scores. Once you're established, scores move at a snails pace. Its almost a waste of time to watch them other than checking for ID theft. 

That said , I've been debating calling Equifax again to ask for EE on the nagging CO. It should fall off next month but I'm just sick of waiting. I really don't feel like being told no so I'll probably just wait it out. I've waited this long whats another 3 weeks?

Not asking is an automatic no so it can't hurt to try Smiley Wink

Make the call

Well I made the call and after sitting on hold for 40 minutes the answer was still "No". Quoting their policy word for word its 7 years from DoFD. So I'll just wait. Believe me if it isn't off at 1 day past 7 years I'll be calling back. 

FYI - Equifax did not respond to request for EE via phone but they did to an EE request via mail for me.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 591 of 1,653
myjourney
Super Contributor

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@asphaltcowboy. Great job too!! Smiley Happy

Thank you, I just hope everyone can reach their goals,  You may notice MJ and I came onto the forum about the same time,

notice his post count, I just don't talk as much as he does,jk, he is great with the pole vault and he made the weather perfect

for my Son's wedding in Key Largo two years ago, just like he said he would, he's been a GREAT friendSmiley Happy

Lol 

A man is only as good as his word ....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 592 of 1,653
myjourney
Super Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@driftless wrote:
Monday morning so I am drinking coffee and looking out at the dark sky, rain off and on today. I was wondering how many folks in the GC are one year or older in the garden? Any two year gardeners?

I've successfully done in my time on the forums (2) 6 month terms and (1) 1 year 11 month Smiley Surprised

Now I just garden until a new product that fits my profile or a big bonus comes around 

Then I go get it and return to the GC ASAP

I posted earlier, just finished three years in garden. and I have seen MJ escape, he is very good with pole vaulting,

I remember getting a saw just to shorten the pole so he couldn't clear the fenceSmiley Tongue

Yes, I saw that earlier post. Nicely done! Thank you for sabotaging MJ as well.

Ummm he was late I had already vaulted over the fence and collected my trinkets (cards) ....Lol

I made my escape before sunrise the whole GC was still sleep

It was all part of my planSmiley Tongue

Quite a few of them IIRC (5)

He just made sure I didn't get out again Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 593 of 1,653
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@driftless wrote:
Monday morning so I am drinking coffee and looking out at the dark sky, rain off and on today. I was wondering how many folks in the GC are one year or older in the garden? Any two year gardeners?

I've successfully done in my time on the forums (2) 6 month terms and (1) 1 year 11 month Smiley Surprised

Now I just garden until a new product that fits my profile or a big bonus comes around 

I posted earlier, just finished three years in garden. and I have seen MJ escape, he is very good with pole vaulting,

I remember getting a saw just to shorten the pole so he couldn't clear the fenceSmiley Tongue

Ummm he was late I had already vaulted over the fence and collected my trinkets (cards) ....Lol

I remember it well, everyone was shocked and amazed at the same time, this all led to electric fences, gators, ninja squirrels and shorter polesSmiley Tongue

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 594 of 1,653
myjourney
Super Contributor

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@driftless wrote:

I remember it well, everyone was shocked and amazed at the same time, this all led to electric fences, gators, ninja squirrels and shorter polesSmiley Tongue

ROFLOL

What's funny is all the new GC security measures were installed by the escapee....

How ironic is that?  

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 595 of 1,653
driftless
Valued Contributor

Like the paroled man in Shawshank Redemption who hung himself some escapees prisoners, errr gardeners can't cope with freedom being outside the nuturing and pleasant environment of the Garden Club.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 596 of 1,653
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I cancelled my myFICO subscription. Decided that I had better uses for the money and I already get a free EX and two free TUs a month.

In other news, new apartment seems to be set up so all that is left is getting through the last few days at the old job while continuing to pack. And then I head up north to start the new job on Monday.

Hardest part about this is that I've built up some personal connections down here that I'm having to end since I'm moving. Here's hoping I can pick up refereeing up north.

Message 597 of 1,653
torry590
Regular Contributor

Shoving myself back into the garden. Last app 5/7.  Inqs: EX 21, TU 13, EQ 12.  This has been a very hard rebuild for me, burned a lot of banks. One day I will be out of subprime territory.  Few major derogs holding me back.  I will give it time. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 598 of 1,653
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

So, after 6+ mos. app free, I went for the Simply Cash Plus welcome offer. Apped yesterday and after verification was approved today.

Good thing I never changed my spade.Smiley Wink  I think I'm good until the end of the year.

Welcome home bout time and welcome to the Amex biz family

Get to planting Lol

Hi ya Focus 

Missed ya 

Missed you, too. 

There's been a lot going on, and much of it hasn't been pleasant. Can't change any of it - death is a part of life, but when the deaths come one after the other and most of the people were young - it's a challenge to accept and process.

On a more positive note, business is looking pretty good. Should be a productive summer.  How are things with your business?

Message 599 of 1,653
myjourney
Super Contributor

@driftless wrote:

Like the paroled man in Shawshank Redemption who hung himself some escapees prisoners, errr gardeners can't cope with freedom being outside the nuturing and pleasant environment of the Garden Club.

Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 600 of 1,653
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.