Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - May 2017

@UncleB wrote:

Happy May Everybody!!  Smiley Very Happy

It will soon be four months since my January "acquisitions", and in a couple of weeks it will have been a full year since my additions last May (I had quite a few in May 2016 since my reports were clean for the first time in 16 years).  It will be interesting to see if I get a score bump from those HPs finally being a year old.

No plans for any 'official' additions, but I do plan to join Alliant Credit Union in the next few weeks, and I'll be taking out a share-secured loan with them to get the 'boost' from adding an installment account.  While that will start my garden date over, IMO it's one of those times where it's worth it, and even then I'll know that I've not had any new HPs in months which is itself an accomplishment!  (LOL) Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on 4 months!!

Message 11 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Checking in for MONTH 5 in this gardening stage.

Congrats on 5 months of gardening!!

Message 12 of 615
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Still doing fine, other than I keep catching whatever Asian virus/cold/flu is running around every single country I visit apparently Smiley Sad.

Earned my silver spade last month, plan is still to hold pat for the rest of 2017 and get as clean as possible (which this time should be Zestfully clean on two bureaus, finally after 6 years!) which maybe, just maybe, might happen by July: have to see how NCAP plays out then it's just inquiry fading time through January.

Either way have a life change which will likely come somewhere in the first part of next year, and it would behoove me to get my file as pretty as possible before then even if I might be at a score level it just doesn't matter at that point... one can always hope haha!

Not like I need more than 29 tradelines (some closed!) on my report anyway Cat LOL

        
Message 13 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

It will soon be four months since my January "acquisitions", and in a couple of weeks it will have been a full year since my additions last May (I had quite a few in May 2016 since my reports were clean for the first time in 16 years).  It will be interesting to see if I get a score bump from those HPs finally being a year old.

No plans for any 'official' additions, but I do plan to join Alliant Credit Union in the next few weeks, and I'll be taking out a share-secured loan with them to get the 'boost' from adding an installment account.  While that will start my garden date over, IMO it's one of those times where it's worth it, and even then I'll know that I've not had any new HPs in months which is itself an accomplishment!  (LOL) Smiley Very Happy

I was about to ask you if you have had the Amex personal loan pop up. The Alliant loans are great too, I was planning on getting one last year but then Amex offered the loans.

Excellent question... unfortunately I've not seen the offer anywhere on my dashboard since that one time back in the fall.  Smiley Sad

I was a big dummy... had I taken the offer back in the fall it would have been a 'quick-and-dirty' fix to my lack of installment loan problem.  I hesitated, though, since at the time I had recently added a new Chase account (IHG) and had also just received a CLI from Navy.  I was afraid Amex would 'freak' if I gave them any reason to take a closer look, but now I realize I shouldn't have been concerned. 

While I've heard nothing but good things about Alliant, I doubt I'll have a reason to use them beyond the SSL (I'm "well-fed" with NFCU and USAA) and I would have much preferred to take advantage of an existing relationship (like Amex) but it wasn't meant to be.  At least they'll get a donation out of me (and a wee-bit of interest) so I guess in the end it will all work out.  Smiley Happy

Hey UncleB!

Do you think if you wait a lil longer you may get another offer? 

Message 14 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Still doing fine, other than I keep catching whatever Asian virus/cold/flu is running around every single country I visit apparently Smiley Sad.

Earned my silver spade last month, plan is still to hold pat for the rest of 2017 and get as clean as possible (which this time should be Zestfully clean on two bureaus, finally after 6 years!) which maybe, just maybe, might happen by July: have to see how NCAP plays out then it's just inquiry fading time through January.

Either way have a life change which will likely come somewhere in the first part of next year, and it would behoove me to get my file as pretty as possible before then even if I might be at a score level it just doesn't matter at that point... one can always hope haha!

Not like I need more than 29 tradelines (some closed!) on my report anyway Cat LOL

Congrats on your new spade! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Message 15 of 615
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I was about to ask you if you have had the Amex personal loan pop up. The Alliant loans are great too, I was planning on getting one last year but then Amex offered the loans.

Excellent question... unfortunately I've not seen the offer anywhere on my dashboard since that one time back in the fall.  Smiley Sad

I was a big dummy... had I taken the offer back in the fall it would have been a 'quick-and-dirty' fix to my lack of installment loan problem.  I hesitated, though, since at the time I had recently added a new Chase account (IHG) and had also just received a CLI from Navy.  I was afraid Amex would 'freak' if I gave them any reason to take a closer look, but now I realize I shouldn't have been concerned. 

While I've heard nothing but good things about Alliant, I doubt I'll have a reason to use them beyond the SSL (I'm "well-fed" with NFCU and USAA) and I would have much preferred to take advantage of an existing relationship (like Amex) but it wasn't meant to be.  At least they'll get a donation out of me (and a wee-bit of interest) so I guess in the end it will all work out.  Smiley Happy

Hey UncleB!

That's a good question... I constantly check, so if it does show back up I'll mostly likely see it promptly.  Smiley Happy

That said, I have another card with Amex now, so they might not be eager to give me another shot at a pre-approval for the installment loan.  My fingers are crossed, though!  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 615
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

HAHAHA, well I just checked CK and feeling somewhat better right now:

WHAT THE SHIZZLE, EQ DELETED MY 60D ON MAY 1!!!

Times 30/60/90 Days Late  0/0/0   FTW!

AHA DAMNIT!

EQ FICO 8: -4
EQ FICO 5: +2
EQ VS 3: +1

Stupid rebucketing (possibly)!  Non-event, but on the plus side maybe I'll get more points when I do get a revolver reporting a balance next.

        
Message 17 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Hey UncleB!

That's a good question... I constantly check, so if it does show back up I'll mostly likely see it promptly.  Smiley Happy

That said, I have another card with Amex now, so they might not be eager to give me another shot at a pre-approval for the installment loan.  My fingers are crossed, though!  Smiley Wink

Maybe it's all about timing. I know they are extending additional offers because I've received them. 

Message 18 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

HAHAHA, well I just checked CK and feeling somewhat better right now:

WHAT THE SHIZZLE, EQ DELETED MY 60D ON MAY 1!!!

Times 30/60/90 Days Late  0/0/0   FTW!

AHA DAMNIT!

EQ FICO 8: -4
EQ FICO 5: +2

Stupid rebucketing!  On the plus side maybe I'll get more points when I do get a revolver reporting a balance next.

I know you have a big cheesy grin on your face right now.Smiley Wink Congrats Revelate!

Message 19 of 615
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

Maybe it's all about timing. I know they are extending additional offers because I've received them. 

Hopefully that's a good sign for me... I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open!  Smiley Wink

(Thanks for letting me know they're making offers again!) Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 615
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.