Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2017

tag
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2017

Well, happy May Day!

Boring as usual, though, with two fewer cards. I'm so boring, I don't have much to add.

5/9 will be 2 months in the garden this go around. Smiley Tongue

Garden long (or as long as you need), and garden strong. Smiley Happy 

Message 61 of 615
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Note to self (and others) :  Unmaxing cards is a pain the patookus.

Wifey and I are safely in the garden, and NOT applying for anything...so what do we care if a card reports maxed out?  A card or two... or three...  or a dozen....  we got some good news on the credit front a few months ago so I decided to start paying attention to what cards were reporting with what balances.

Two months into this project and I'm STILL unmaxing some of DW's cards.

Oops.

The good news is, they'll all be unmaxed by the end of May, and statements should cut and update the CRA's by 05 June or so.  The only negative information on her credit reports should be gone by 01 July, and I'm very curious to see what her scores will be....

Maybe I'll spend Q3 unmaxing my own accounts... frankly, I'm scared to look.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 62 of 615
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Back in the garden as of 5/1.

Closed on my new place last Friday, got the three cards I wanted immediately after that, and plan to stay here for a year (I think ... still mulling over getting a travel card I like, but it can probably wait until 2018).

Nice to be here again!  I couldn't have gotten my condo or the three cards I wanted without hanging out here for the better part of a year. 

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 63 of 615
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The Monthly "Most Dedicated Fico Gardner" goes toooooo:

MIKPSDAD1. Smiley Happy

WOW! I think thats like 3 months,straight being 1st posterSmiley Happy. THATS dedicationSmiley Wink
Message 64 of 615
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay....

Seriously, I'm really going to stay in the garden this time!!  My plan is to garden until my report is clean next Spring.  I really want my AoYA to be 1 year old by then.

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I'm suddenly picturing Bart Simpson.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 65 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

STAY IN THE GARDEN LOL

Message 66 of 615
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Another sure cure way to relax when gardening are those SP CLI's.

When or if you get that itch and urge use that energy to check your possible CLI's that are always a SP Only and if no joy, then try take it in stride that there's one waiting on the next try.

STAY TO YOUR GARDEN PLAN Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 615
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@medicgrrl wrote:

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay....

Seriously, I'm really going to stay in the garden this time!!  My plan is to garden until my report is clean next Spring.  I really want my AoYA to be 1 year old by then.

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I'm suddenly picturing Bart Simpson.

bartgarden.jpg

Message 68 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings Gardeneers!

I'll be joining you for a long stay, assuming nothing odd comes up...I achieved all my new account goals last month, so I am offically DONE apping anything for at least a year! (barring unforeseen circumstances of course)

*looks around* do we have a hot tub?

Message 69 of 615
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

bartgarden.jpg

OMG you had me in tears laughing!!!  Thanks!  Maybe I should print it and hang it on my fridge.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 70 of 615
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.