Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2017

Well, happy May Day!

Boring as usual, though, with two fewer cards. I'm so boring, I don't have much to add.

5/9 will be 2 months in the garden this go around. Smiley Tongue

Garden long (or as long as you need), and garden strong. Smiley Happy 

Garden Club Member since 3/9/2017
Senior Contributor

Note to self (and others) :  Unmaxing cards is a pain the patookus.

Wifey and I are safely in the garden, and NOT applying for anything...so what do we care if a card reports maxed out?  A card or two... or three...  or a dozen....  we got some good news on the credit front a few months ago so I decided to start paying attention to what cards were reporting with what balances.

Two months into this project and I'm STILL unmaxing some of DW's cards.

Oops.

The good news is, they'll all be unmaxed by the end of May, and statements should cut and update the CRA's by 05 June or so.  The only negative information on her credit reports should be gone by 01 July, and I'm very curious to see what her scores will be....

Maybe I'll spend Q3 unmaxing my own accounts... frankly, I'm scared to look.  Smiley Happy

Last App: 09/26/16.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Frequent Contributor

Back in the garden as of 5/1.

Closed on my new place last Friday, got the three cards I wanted immediately after that, and plan to stay here for a year (I think ... still mulling over getting a travel card I like, but it can probably wait until 2018).

Nice to be here again!  I couldn't have gotten my condo or the three cards I wanted without hanging out here for the better part of a year. 

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
April 2017: TU 662 | EQ 673| EX 694
Senior Contributor

The Monthly "Most Dedicated Fico Gardner" goes toooooo:

MIKPSDAD1. Smiley Happy

WOW! I think thats like 3 months,straight being 1st posterSmiley Happy. THATS dedicationSmiley Wink
Valued Contributor

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay....

Seriously, I'm really going to stay in the garden this time!!  My plan is to garden until my report is clean next Spring.  I really want my AoYA to be 1 year old by then.

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I'm suddenly picturing Bart Simpson.

EQ 670 EXP 690 TU 759
Established Member

STAY IN THE GARDEN LOL

Super Contributor

Another sure cure way to relax when gardening are those SP CLI's.

When or if you get that itch and urge use that energy to check your possible CLI's that are always a SP Only and if no joy, then try take it in stride that there's one waiting on the next try.

STAY TO YOUR GARDEN PLAN Smiley Happy

Last App-Jan 26* It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 769 EQ 723 EX 777

medicgrrl wrote:

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I must stay....

Seriously, I'm really going to stay in the garden this time!!  My plan is to garden until my report is clean next Spring.  I really want my AoYA to be 1 year old by then.

I must stay in the garden.  I must stay in the garden.  I'm suddenly picturing Bart Simpson.

bartgarden.jpg

Established Contributor

Greetings Gardeneers!

I'll be joining you for a long stay, assuming nothing odd comes up...I achieved all my new account goals last month, so I am offically DONE apping anything for at least a year! (barring unforeseen circumstances of course)

*looks around* do we have a hot tub?

Valued Contributor

UncleB wrote:

medicgrrl wrote:

bartgarden.jpg

OMG you had me in tears laughing!!!  Thanks!  Maybe I should print it and hang it on my fridge.  

EQ 670 EXP 690 TU 759

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.