Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

@TNTransplant wrote:

I'm in...

Here again after two successful 6 month stints in the garden: 12/12 - 5/12 (really started me off well by adding a couple of higher limit accounts that decreased my utilization and got me rolling), and the most recent 6 month round from 9/12 - 3/12 (stepping out this time was precipitated by a "preapproval gone wild" for a mortgage, so I took 2 deliberate HPs for PenFed and a CLI on my BoA and got great results from those).  I'm proof positive that gardening works.

I'm really in indefinitely now.  I got my coveted PenFed card, and since my job situation is in limbo (i.e. where I'll be working) I have put off even considering a mortgage for the forseeable future.  I will have two HPs dropping off EX in April so this is a good month to resume gardening.

Oh yes, almost forgot to mention that I finish grad school this month and will soon be starting my new (better paying?) career - yeah me!   Smiley Very Happy

Congrats keep it going strong

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 51 of 2,152
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Well hello everything im just starting to garden well accord to the rules i actually started in January but i kinda did an app ... so i guess im starting over ... hows everyone tonight?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 52 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

Well hello everything im just starting to garden well accord to the rules i actually started in January but i kinda did an app ... so i guess im starting over ... hows everyone tonight?

Welcome to the garden no more INQ's and watch your scores grow...good luck

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 53 of 2,152
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@myjourney -- oh, that looks so yummy!!! Smiley Happy

Any request?Smiley Happy

Not tonight, thanks. I'm stuffed, so I hope to be able to take a raincheck. I hosted family at my house today and we had a big meal. I'll pop in tomorrow and sit back for a relaxing visit, and perhaps you'll be kind enough to put something together for me then. Until then, I hope that everyone has a wonderful night. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 54 of 2,152
InfamousRSX
New Contributor

Hi everyone!!!! im new to the garden!!! and im planning on staying for 1 full year so i can app and get my first prime card!!! (Discover it or freedom). I just have 8 months of credit history,no lates or baddies, just starting in the credit world.  Started with an Opensky secured and a first premier secured that i just closed. 1 month ago i got a preapproval from Sams Club by mail, i was really excited!!! so i got approved for 2.5k, and this is when all started.... i started an app spree and got some GE cards, but ended with alot of inqs , like 14 in TU, 15 in EQ and just 1 in EX. like 5 months ago i applied for a discover IT and got denied for short credit history and too many INQ, so i tried again in my spree and got denied for the same thing again.... so i learned my lesson. Im planning on staying in the garden for 1+ year and then apply again for the discover it or freedom, and maybe penfed. Do you guys think this will be enough time?  Thanks all!

Message 55 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@InfamousRSX wrote:

Hi everyone!!!! im new to the garden!!! and im planning on staying for 1 full year so i can app and get my first prime card!!! (Discover it or freedom). I just have 8 months of credit history,no lates or baddies, just starting in the credit world.  Started with an Opensky secured and a first premier secured that i just closed. 1 month ago i got a preapproval from Sams Club by mail, i was really excited!!! so i got approved for 2.5k, and this is when all started.... i started an app spree and got some GE cards, but ended with alot of inqs , like 14 in TU, 15 in EQ and just 1 in EX. like 5 months ago i applied for a discover IT and got denied for short credit history and too many INQ, so i tried again in my spree and got denied for the same thing again.... so i learned my lesson. Im planning on staying in the garden for 1+ year and then apply again for the discover it or freedom, and maybe penfed. Do you guys think this will be enough time?  Thanks all!

Welcome to the forum and the garden

Stay for awhile let the cards you have grow and im sure next time discover will be an approval

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 56 of 2,152
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Silver today Smiley Wink

Nice Smiley Happy Congrats!! 

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 57 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Silver today Smiley Wink

Nice Smiley Happy Congrats!! 

Thanks Pilotdude 90 more to goSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 58 of 2,152
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I am here since March 27th when my app spree went 4 out of 4.

Gonna do 3XCLI in 61 on the BCP and then nothing til 6 month mark when I app for the CSP. Smiley Happy

So you all are stuck with me.  HA!  Smiley Tongue

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 59 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

Ha ha ha yep stuck with you

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 60 of 2,152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.