Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

@parakleet wrote:

I finally received one of my new seedlings - Disco It 5.5k - today. The box was so nice...until I found out my interest rate after the 6m 0% apr is 18.99%! Sheesh. Can a girl get a break here? Anyhoo, I got it mainly for the 18m 0% for BTs so I guess I can worry about growing it after that's taken care of. 18.99%! 

I've been thinking a lot about how nice it would be to pay down my debt...so that I can get stuff that I really want - mainly a piano. But that seems so far away right now. I know I should feel good about where I am, things could be a lot worse but it can get little tough somtimes. 

*feeling sorry for myself over* Smiley Very Happy Hope everyone had a great day!

Sounds like you have a  plan to me to payoff everything and get that piano. Time is your ally

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1011 of 2,152
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@Candice wrote:
Hi there, I'm returning to the forums after a long hiatus of a few years. I just did some apps and am working on re-building and growing/gardening. Is it too late for me to join in the April discussion?

Never too late.  Welcome to the par-tay!

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 1012 of 2,152
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

On the hunt for that elusive gold spade!!!

I'MMA GET IT!!!!

You are well on your way!

Message 1013 of 2,152
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Starting week #6 in the lovely garden.  Still waiting for my Discover to report to CRAs.

Message 1014 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Starting week #6 in the lovely garden.  Still waiting for my Discover to report to CRAs.

Focus your hanging strong 

Way to go!!!!!!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1015 of 2,152
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Focus your hanging strong 

Way to go!!!!!!

Thanks, journey.  It hasn't always been easy, but you and the other have helped to keep me on the right path.  Still working uot my plan of action once the It reports, but I can be patient.

Message 1016 of 2,152
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

no apps since......Saturday? Difficult 3 days LOL. I think I've gotten all the CC's I can be approved for right now. Excited to use my new Macy's card this weekend for clothes I actually NEED (just lost almost 50 lbs.) and pay it off and see it report along with my older CC which should only report at 5% the next month.

I got caught in a security freeze with my Comenity cards....apparently some times when you get several in a short time from them, they will freeze your accounts until you call and verify some personal information. Well I got one of the questions wrong because they asked me about my aunt (through marriage) and used her last name from her FORMER marriage which was not to my uncle. So when I heard her name said like that I didn't know who they were talking about and said I have no clue who she is! Realized after I hung up the phone who they must have been talking about. Grr! So they said I have to send by mail a copy of my DL, SS card & a utility bill and they will activate my cards. I have received the cards minus VS so far but can't use them until they process my proof of identity which should be in the next week or so.

Message 1017 of 2,152
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

I finally received one of my new seedlings - Disco It 5.5k - today. The box was so nice...until I found out my interest rate after the 6m 0% apr is 18.99%! Sheesh. Can a girl get a break here? Anyhoo, I got it mainly for the 18m 0% for BTs so I guess I can worry about growing it after that's taken care of. 18.99%! 

I've been thinking a lot about how nice it would be to pay down my debt...so that I can get stuff that I really want - mainly a piano. But that seems so far away right now. I know I should feel good about where I am, things could be a lot worse but it can get little tough somtimes. 

*feeling sorry for myself over* Smiley Very Happy Hope everyone had a great day!

Sounds like you have a  plan to me to payoff everything and get that piano. Time is your ally

+1

@Anonymous @parakleet: I can understand that your goal of buying a piano seems far away. While I hate to sound cliche, there is the saying that a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. Another saying that provided me with comfort during my credit rebuild is: "I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday." The point is that if you stay focused and continue to work towards your goal, you will get there eventually. As myjourney stated, time is your ally, and it's going to pass by one way or the other. The trick is to position yourself such that you get to where you want to go. Best wishes to you on your journey.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1018 of 2,152
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ new_earth

It will get easier. Congrats on that weight loss! Awesome job!
Message 1019 of 2,152
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Other than the new account ding, I enjoy seeing a new account report. To me, it feels like the seedling starting to poke its head through the soil and beginning its growth. From there on out, the more the number of months reported, the more firmly established the TL. I hope that your seedling greets the sunlight soon. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1020 of 2,152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.