Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

5..................more.....................long.......................excruiating.......................painful............................days

until my Silver Spade!!!! Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 101 of 2,152
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Gardening's going great -- absolutely no urges to app, as there's nothing out there currently that I want. I'm very happy with my current crop.

Two of my cards have hit their two year anniversary today -- my JC Penney and my Dillard's Amex!!! I'm now to the point where I feel that these two cards are mature. They started out at $200 and $700 respectively, and are now at $4200 and $7500 -- so I'm really happy with how they've grown. After going through a major rebuilding phase, it feels wonderful to see what used to be seedlings have taken hold and set down such nice, strong roots. Smiley Happy

The only disappointment that I'm facing is that a couple of days ago I got a Score Watch. The card that my DD is using as an AU posted a $2 balance -- I couldn't catch a pending charge in time to get it PIF before the statement closed -- and I lost 5 points on my EQ!!! This does help to demonstrate the anectdotal observation that the best way to tweak your score is to allow only ONE card to report a small balance. Since my Citi card is carrying a balance, this made a second revolving account with a balance, and it most definitely had an effect. Oh well, I'm expecting some good things to come along to mitigate the score drop -- an updated payment on my Citi showing the balance going down, and perhaps a couple CLIs that will post when statements close will help, etc.

Other than that, things are very, very good. I'm happy with the state of my credit and am so glad to be relaxing in the garden. And I'm especially looking forward to picking up my bronze spade on the 4th... woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 102 of 2,152
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Gardening's going great -- absolutely no urges to app, as there's nothing out there currently that I want. I'm very happy with my current crop.

Two of my cards have hit their two year anniversary today -- my JC Penney and my Dillard's Amex!!! I'm now to the point where I feel that these two cards are mature. They started out at $200 and $700 respectively, and are now at $4200 and $7500 -- so I'm really happy with how they've grown. After going through a major rebuilding phase, it feels wonderful to see what used to be seedlings have taken hold and set down such nice, strong roots. Smiley Happy

The only disappointment that I'm facing is that a couple of days ago I got a Score Watch. The card that my DD is using as an AU posted a $2 balance -- I couldn't catch a pending charge in time to get it PIF before the statement closed -- and I lost 5 points on my EQ!!! This does help to demonstrate the anectdotal observation that the best way to tweak your score is to allow only ONE card to report a small balance. Since my Citi card is carrying a balance, this made a second revolving account with a balance, and it most definitely had an effect. Oh well, I'm expecting some good things to come along to mitigate the score drop -- an updated payment on my Citi showing the balance going down, and perhaps a couple CLIs that will post when statements close will help, etc.

Other than that, things are very, very good. I'm happy with the state of my credit and am so glad to be relaxing in the garden. And I'm especially looking forward to picking up my bronze spade on the 4th... woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

Excellent work Tinu!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 103 of 2,152
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

5..................more.....................long.......................excruiating.......................painful............................days

They will go faster than you think.  Hang in there!

Message 104 of 2,152
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

They will go faster than you think.  Hang in there!

Oh im planted in my soil!!! Just anxious to get that Silver..................then the Gold......................and Platinum!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 105 of 2,152
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Silver today Smiley Wink

Congrats!  Great accomplishment.

Message 106 of 2,152
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

So, it's day #20 in the garden. 

My plan is on track, actually ahead of schedule.  I will have SLs paid of in 2 1/2 years instead of 4.  Then I will be able to rapidly get rid of my auto loan.

Still deciding when I will app for my coveted CSP.  At first, I thought I would go for it in August, but now, I'm leaning toward November or perhaps later.  I will have to see where everything is during the summer.  i won't app until I truly believe I will get it.

Congrats to all who have picked up their new spades!

Message 107 of 2,152
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi All

In the past 4 months 8 inquiries have fallen off my equifax report, and 1 of 2 have fallen off TU resulting in a 4 point increase in score. No increase in score on equifax report, but report is in dispute at this time on a couple of tradelines. By November all inquires will be older than 1 year, TU seems to be deleting inquires sooner than the 2 year mark, the one that was deleted last night was from october, so only about 5 months old.

I will continue to work on utilization, dispute a DOFD on one of my collections. which could result in it being deleted about 10 months earlier that it is scheuled to.

Best wishes to everyone. Onward in my journey to my Gold spade.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 108 of 2,152
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi All

In the past 4 months 8 inquiries have fallen off my equifax report, and 1 of 2 have fallen off TU resulting in a 4 point increase in score. No increase in score on equifax report, but report is in dispute at this time on a couple of tradelines. By November all inquires will be older than 1 year, TU seems to be deleting inquires sooner than the 2 year mark, the one that was deleted last night was from october, so only about 5 months old.

I will continue to work on utilization, dispute a DOFD on one of my collections. which could result in it being deleted about 10 months earlier that it is scheuled to.

Best wishes to everyone. Onward in my journey to my Gold spade.Smiley Happy

Awesome!!!!

I'm looking forward to my INQ's falling off month my month!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 109 of 2,152
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Checking in this morning to grab my silver before work.

Yay!

Congrats!   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 110 of 2,152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.