Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - April 2014

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2014

@azguy13 wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

How can I check when the last time I got an inquiry was without buying my credit reports again? =/

I can't trust CK 'cause inquiries update slow sometimes.

Are you talking HP or SP?

HP, So I can check my garden status.

Message 4061 of 5,572
Crisis
Established Contributor

Hey everyone! 

I've had a busy week, but a good kind of busy.  I think I found a sweet spot for productivity, and I just have to figure out how to make that work. 

I got some bad news in one of my classes, and due to a monumental screw up on my part (I got due dates mixed up with one of my twelve classes when I was working four jobs), I missed a test, and as such, the highest I can possibly get is a C.  Everything else is going to be an A or a B, but that is bugging the crap out of me. 

It's kinda been a rougher day in general, where I feel like I'm not so much being taken advantage of as being undervalued.  There's someone at work who's saying "that's not my job" and she's using an excuse that everyone is afraid to call her out on as to why she shouldn't have to help out. 

Sorry, I really needed to vent. 

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 4062 of 5,572
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Hello All -  Just stopping in - on my way to another break from Myfico.  I decided earlier this year, that coming here actually makes me want to apply for CCs, so I stayed away for a few months. 

I am very happy to say that yesterday - after much internal debate - I applied for and was finally approved for an AMEX card, with a very nice starting limit.  A few years ago - at the most difficult time of time of my life - I really did not believe it were possible to have good credit again.  I am serious, I really had no idea that this could be done -  and it has been 6 years in the making while I battled a gambling addiction and continued to mis-management even those bottom-feeder credit cards  - even 5 years after BK. 

Well, now I am back -  I am in with all of the financial institutions I ever wanted to be in with - and even a couple I never thought I would be in with.  My  goal was to have a Discover  - a credit union card - and a Citi card - all of which I  included in my BK.  As of August 2013 I had all of those, as well as Barclays.  At the start of this year, I finally got in with Chase - and yesterday with AMEX. For me, there is noting more to do with credit cards - except pare the list of accounts down from 7 to 5 or 6,  which I will do in a few months, and continue to nurture what I have.  And course, manage my gambling addiction, which I am doing.  When you are a gambling addict - it is dangerous to have credit cards - it is such a mixed blessing - But I tell you - I am NEVER going back to the financial hell I was in for about 16 years -  I will cut up every card I own and cancel all accounts before I go back there!

As I let my CCs mature as I move through life,  I want to be part of the garden - and thank everyone here for such wonderful information - and efforts to get people to manage their credit responsibly.

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 4063 of 5,572
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Hi all! I'm still new to the garden (though I'd been gardening all along and never knew!). I've been insanely busy but happily so, a pair of earrings I designed is going to be on a TV show next week! (The Vampire Diaries on the CW channel...I don't watch the show but it's a great opportunity). I'm making more pairs hoping for sales for our tiny (but worthwhile) jewelry business.

I plan on gardening until at least July, then maybe I'll try for AMEX.

How is life on your side of the screen?

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 4064 of 5,572
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Good morning GC!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4065 of 5,572
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls....and Wade.... 

It's Friday!   Should be a short day for me...and I'll take kiddo back to DMV for another shot at her test this afternoon.

In Gardening news, I got DW another soft pull CLI this morning.  Now we're at $1,100 in soft pull CLI's in April with two more to come later this month.  (hopefully)

Yall behave yourselves!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4066 of 5,572
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Morning, gardeners!

Message 4067 of 5,572
Crisis
Established Contributor

Good morning Gardeners, Guys, Dolls, Gals, Persons, Places, Things, Ideas and Other Nouns

Hope you have a great day!

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 4068 of 5,572
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

All you people and your spades, show offs! Robot LOL

Message 4069 of 5,572
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Hello gardeners,

Just opted out from prescreening. Hopefully no more distractions in the mail. 

Will opt back in towards the end of the gardening period.

Have a great day everyone.

Message 4070 of 5,572
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.