tag
ayles
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2014

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ayles wrote:

GCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!

Good evening

Hey there! I am eagerly anticipating the Walmart fico to post too.  I'm hoping for a boost although my util has been a little higher lately so not sure.

Also, about the Discover, I changed my due date too and it's still saying the same due date.  If you changed your due date after the statement cut already then your payment due date for this current month is the same and then will change from the next statement onwards.  For example my due date used to be on the 12th of every month.  I made my payment on 4/12 then changed my due date.  My statement never cut on the 17th and I have no clue when it will cut.  In the meantime, it still says payment due 4/12 but it says zero payment due because I made my payment already.  I'm really trying to figure out when the statement will cut because it will throw my utilization off for a bit given I don't know when it'll cut but I should be okay from next month onwards....

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 5551 of 5,572
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ayles wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ayles wrote:

GCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!

Good evening

Hey there! I am eagerly anticipating the Walmart fico to post too.  I'm hoping for a boost although my util has been a little higher lately so not sure.

Also, about the Discover, I changed my due date too and it's still saying the same due date.  If you changed your due date after the statement cut already then your payment due date for this current month is the same and then will change from the next statement onwards.  For example my due date used to be on the 12th of every month.  I made my payment on 4/12 then changed my due date.  My statement never cut on the 17th and I have no clue when it will cut.  In the meantime, it still says payment due 4/12 but it says zero payment due because I made my payment already.  I'm really trying to figure out when the statement will cut because it will throw my utilization off for a bit given I don't know when it'll cut but I should be okay from next month onwards....

I think i may need to give discover an call and ask i have an bunch of other questions i need to ask them . Apparently my intro apr rate went up to 22.99% , i want to see if they could reduce that some. Haven't been late on any payments and my credit report is fairly clean now. Also i am going to see if i coax them to give me an sp CLI to match my two other cards , which have both given me cli and have slightly higher credit limits. 

I haven't used my IT card at all this month since last statement so i dont have much to worry about with when statement cuts lol. It would be nice to know tho I do recall the lady saying something about mid june for my next due date, I really need to pay better attention to important things like this. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5552 of 5,572
ayles
Established Contributor

Okay I have to confess I have a slight app twitch :/ 

I want to increase my Care Credit line and I really want the Target card lol.  It's so silly.  Nothing that can't truly wait another month or so at least (I'm already paid through end of May for my chiropractor so don't necessarily need the Care Credit increase right this minute, probably will beginning of June...).

I did pay off a huge chunk of my CU CC this past week though and the statement cuts tonight.  If my scores go up significantly (that was majority of my utilization so it'll drop from about 10% to about 5% after this new balance reports) I may consider doing a tiny escape and then again in July to refinance my personal loan through my CU because we're going on vacation and also with the same HP get an increase on our cc there and then won't do anything for a year at least.  We'll see though.  Taking one day at a time...

Message 5553 of 5,572
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ayles wrote:

I want to increase my Care Credit line and I really want the Target card lol.  It's so silly.  Nothing that can't truly wait another month or so at least (I'm already paid through end of May for my chiropractor so don't necessarily need the Care Credit increase right this minute, probably will beginning of June...).

I did pay off a huge chunk of my CU CC this past week though and the statement cuts tonight.  If my scores go up significantly (that was majority of my utilization so it'll drop from about 10% to about 5% after this new balance reports) I may consider doing a tiny escape and then again in July to refinance my personal loan through my CU because we're going on vacation and also with the same HP get an increase on our cc there and then won't do anything for a year at least.  We'll see though.  Taking one day at a time...

I have been getting an itch to app too , trying my best to resist. To be honest i could hold off sallie mae , it probably will only be used for gas, and freedom has 5% on gas 3rd quarter. Fidelity amex i could wait also since i do have qs that is getting 1.5% compared to 2%. Its all going to depend on my walmart fico score. if there is an big jump more than 10 points then i will give myself permission to app lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5554 of 5,572
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@ayles wrote:

Well, you just stated that you really dont need the new credit at this point. Why don't you just wait until July to app for everything you want? It makes for a good goal Smiley Happy

Message 5555 of 5,572
ayles
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@ayles wrote:

Well, you just stated that you really dont need the new credit at this point. Why don't you just wait until July to app for everything you want? It makes for a good goal Smiley Happy

Hey you Smiley Happy Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm standing firm...at least tonight Cat Tongue

Message 5556 of 5,572
ayles
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ayles wrote:

I have been getting an itch to app too , trying my best to resist. To be honest i could hold off sallie mae , it probably will only be used for gas, and freedom has 5% on gas 3rd quarter. Fidelity amex i could wait also since i do have qs that is getting 1.5% compared to 2%. Its all going to depend on my walmart fico score. if there is an big jump more than 10 points then i will give myself permission to app lol 

Can we do it??

YES WE CAN!!!!

lol

Message 5557 of 5,572
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Today must have been itchy app day. I felt the urge too. So annoying!! Smiley Sad I resisted thank goodness. lol I even came up with excuses in my head.. It's just pitiful! I stopped. Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy
Message 5558 of 5,572
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Oooh -- just realized it's May.
Message 5559 of 5,572
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@ayles wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@ayles wrote:

Hey you Smiley Happy Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm standing firm...at least tonight Cat Tongue

One day at a time is all I ask, lol. 

Lets stay app free together Smiley Happy You don't need to last as long as I plan to, but I don't mind company

Message 5560 of 5,572
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.