Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm newly gardening....it's a teeny balcony-sized garden (2 secured cards) but until January 2013 it's what I have to work with. I figure until then, I take good care of my little guys, and focus on my CR baddies.

I'll be over here mixing up some blender drinks Smiley Happy

Take good care of those little seedlings, and they'll take good care of you. The payment history that you develop with them will lay a solid foundation for more good things to come in the future. Best wishes to you on your journey. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 324
AdamC
Valued Member

Hello all,

Newbie to the Club and forum here, however I've been lurking for months Smiley Happy

Into the garden for the time being, as in the first half of this year I've got myself a couple of rebuilder cards as well as a (semi)prime card and only a couple of store cards that I truely believe are useful to me. For now I have 5 positive lines reporting, plus my car lease, low utilization and only about 5 HPs on any one report! I love this garden club thread and hope to be checking in regularly. Started this rebuilding process just over a year ago where my scores must have been in the low 500's, and now I'm around 650-670 with Disco's EX pull at 700! I guess a goal would be to get in with AmEx, but I'm in no rush.

Disco More 1k - My only consideration is to PC to the IT card, however it's sad that I'd only be doing it for a nicer piece of plastic and the potential for metal in the future.

Cap 1 Cash 300

Orchard from the last month it was still owned by HSBC 300

Walmart 300 - For the FICO

Amazon 600 - I love amazon! Wee, except I'm upset I couldn't put a prime membership on the card, as well as the digital purchases restrictions.

Sapphire Preferred/Freedom/Freedom Unlimited, DoubleCash/ThankYou Preferred, Blue Cash Everyday, It, Quicksilver, Apple, Signature Connect, and a few store cards
Message 22 of 324
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

I just pulled my EQ scores and report from myFICO, and...drumroll.... the final CO is GONE!!!!! And, after months of my EQ score refusing to budge, it finally jumped by 42 points!!! And, although the CO is stil showing on TU, I received a 10 point boost as well. So, I reached my FICO Fitness goal of getting in the 700s!  I'm so happy this morning I'm beside myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!  very nice!  you reached your goal 6 months early!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 324
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

2 months app free, and it gets harder, as the SW alerts roll-in.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 24 of 324
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@AdamC wrote:

Hello all,

Newbie to the Club and forum here, however I've been lurking for months Smiley Happy

Into the garden for the time being, as in the first half of this year I've got myself a couple of rebuilder cards as well as a (semi)prime card and only a couple of store cards that I truely believe are useful to me. For now I have 5 positive lines reporting, plus my car lease, low utilization and only about 5 HPs on any one report! I love this garden club thread and hope to be checking in regularly. Started this rebuilding process just over a year ago where my scores must have been in the low 500's, and now I'm around 650-670 with Disco's EX pull at 700! I guess a goal would be to get in with AmEx, but I'm in no rush.

Disco More 1k - My only consideration is to PC to the IT card, however it's sad that I'd only be doing it for a nicer piece of plastic and the potential for metal in the future.

Cap 1 Cash 300

Orchard from the last month it was still owned by HSBC 300

Walmart 300 - For the FICO

Amazon 600 - I love amazon! Wee, except I'm upset I couldn't put a prime membership on the card, as well as the digital purchases restrictions.

Welcome to the forum and to the Garden Club!

You've got a good, solid foundation on which to build. Take good care of your seedlings, and then sit back and watch them grow. Good luck to you, and all the best on your credit journey. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 25 of 324
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I'm looking forward to TU's app spree next year, lol

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 26 of 324
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

I'm still here! Gardening until my student loan rehab program is done which I think is Jan 2013 and I should expect a huge bump by then.

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 324
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

Hi!!

New to the garden as well!  Smiley Happy

Joined MF.com about 2 months ago with a score of 670-680 between TU & EQ.

Since then I've had 3 collections removed from my file thanks to the good people here on the forums & all their help! 

I went on an app spree between the months of May - July '12.  Got approved for a good bit, mostly backed by GECMB, got denied for a bit more.  The approvals, though, went to my head and I continued on my app spree and my score suffered a bit :-/

A little breakdown of what the app spree cost me:

EQ: 726 then, 718 now

TU: 755 then, 719 now

Granted, these numbers are still "good" but I want better than good so I'm in the garden! 

My last app was early last week and I was approved w/ that one w/ my highest CL to date of 6k.  Here's a list of all my current CC's w/ their balances & limits:

USAA MC: $0/6k  **this one is new so it's not showing up in my CR's just yet**

Discover: $410/1200

Credit Union MC: $340/1000

Texaco/Chevron: $150/500

Wal-Mart: $110/400

Cap1: $0/351 **this one is still reporting a $130 balance even though I paid it down to $0 almost 2 months ago**

According to both reports, my revolving credit is 32 & 33%.

AAoA is 2 years for both.

TU Inquiries: 3

EQ Inquiries: 10 (yeah.....10!  I definitely may have gotten a little carried away w/ the app spree, hence the reason I'm in the garden)

EQ reports 16 open accounts, 0 negative.  TU reports 11 open, 0 neg.

I even went so far as to put all credit cards away until I get the balances paid down to a maximum of 3%.  I, as we Southerners like to say, got a little too big for my CC britches & went on a spending spree w/ my credit limit.  However, thanks to MF.com, I was able to immediately see the impact on my credit score when that happened so I was able to get my self back on track before it got out of hand!  Smiley Happy

So, that's my story & I'm sticking to it!  Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 324
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I'm back... starting my garden over.  Apparently my real life black thumb carried over.  I took an HP for a CLI to cover some repair work for my rental property.  My utilization won't be over 30% total, but it will be 30% on one card.  sigh....

The good news is they (barclays) approved the increase that doubled my cl with them.

Today I am also weeding out a couple of cards I don't/won't use anymore.  Both are technically capone, no AF.  But I am pulling Kohls and my formerly HSBC Platinum out of the mix and putting them away.

pass the top soil and some tequila.. I'm DETERMINED to stay here for at least 6 months.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 29 of 324
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

In here - need nothing. May weed a bit more...

Grats Tinu! Long time comng!

Easy on the weed Ray, it might make you go on an app spree LOL !!  

Message 30 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.