Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - August 2013

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2013

Poppin in to say! Haven't checked in since November.  (The less I'm here, the less I care about what cards are in my wallet.)  Never apped for the BCE that I had been planning on earlier in the year so I'm a full year inq-free this month!  Will lose 3 inqs of my reports this month and 3 next month.  Hoping this wil give my scores a little boost. 

Wishing everyone a little bit of rain and lots of sunshine.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 311 of 5,437
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Bracing myself...saw some recent PRMs on Equifax from Discover (again, they actually just mailbomed my mom twice in a week), and Citibank that I never typically see when I use their prequal site.

Discover is gonna go in the shredder immediately without opening, but let's see what Citibank wants to offer me before I toss 'em Smiley Wink

Message 312 of 5,437
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@snowangel

Thanks for popping in! Congrats on dropping some inq's.
Message 313 of 5,437
myjourney
Super Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

Poppin in to say! Haven't checked in since November.  (The less I'm here, the less I care about what cards are in my wallet.)  Never apped for the BCE that I had been planning on earlier in the year so I'm a full year inq-free this month!  Will lose 3 inqs of my reports this month and 3 next month.  Hoping this wil give my scores a little boost. 

Wishing everyone a little bit of rain and lots of sunshine.

Thanks for stopping in keep up the good work 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 314 of 5,437
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 315 of 5,437
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@daybreakgonesXe

No luv for Discover?

Just not ready to make the commitment, that's all! I like my selection of cards, and I'm waiting for an auto loan and mortgage under my belt before I REALLY expand my credit card portfolio (like, Ron1 status Smiley Tongue)

Message 316 of 5,437
cynical_eden

Ready to garden until 2015 (most likely longer because the next thing I want is my car in 2016 as gift for finishing my degree). 1 day in...I feel like I am in detox lol. So many apps since January! But the scores are good so once those inqs start dropping off next summer I should see it soar high! 

LA VFW USAA World Mastercard: $9,500/USAA Visa Platinum: $8,000/Home Depot: $5,500/CareCredit: $5,000/Paypal Mastercard: $4,250/Amazon Store:$2,200/Ashley Furniture GE $2,000/Local CU Visa: $1500/WalMart: $1,100/Discover IT: $1,000/Victoria's Secret: $500/Kohl's: $400/Local bank Visa: $300/BML: $501

Current Score: 740Walmart FICO (TU)/736 Credit Sesame/687 Credit Karma (TU)

Local banks give no love!

Last app: 7/31/13
No more apps until summer 2015!

Message 317 of 5,437
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 318 of 5,437
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cynical_eden

Welcome to the GC! Like your thinking!
Message 319 of 5,437
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cynical_eden wrote:

Ready to garden until 2015 (most likely longer because the next thing I want is my car in 2016 as gift for finishing my degree). 1 day in...I feel like I am in detox lol. So many apps since January! But the scores are good so once those inqs start dropping off next summer I should see it soar high! 

Welcome to the garden your in the right place to achieve your goals 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 320 of 5,437
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.