@myjourney wrote:

On behalf of the GC club

Welcome To The Gardens Friday Night Social Event

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Respect Everyone's Opinion

Drink responsibly in the virtual world as well as in the real world

Have fun

Any Friday is : Open Forum ....answer a question or ask a question.

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask. If we can't answer it we will point you in the right direction.

Tonight's question

What motivates or helps keep you dedicated to gardening?

I'm at a point in my credit journey where there are no cards currently being offered that fit my needs or that I feel the bonus is worth the HP which will affect me for the next 2 years. (MJ)

When I want to garden, it is the want of having my CRs in the perfect position to be approved for whatever my goal is. I plan very carefully and well ahead in order to reach whatever goal I set. Today, for instance, I reached my gardening goal, which was to have only 3 inqs in the last 12 months on EQ so that I can request cli on my two usaa cards, which I just did. My first two Credit Lines over 20k. Now it is back to gardening until I apply for Sallie Mae in Oct (I've been planning on this for around 8 mos. My arrival just hit the 6 month mark).

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1651 of 2,931
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2014

@DarkMoonLily wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@DarkMoonLily wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@DarkMoonLily wrote:
Update on Cap1. So no it wasn't eligible to be upgraded but the rep said that in future it could be BUT she waived my annual fee for 1 year. So in 1 - 2 days I will see a $39 dollar credit on my account Smiley Happy Worth it. Smiley Happy

That pretty nice if she waives the AF its basically the same thing as having an regular QS correct ?

Basically Smiley Tongue Since I'm gonna keep  periodically checking for upgrade eligibility throughout this coming year. I'm hoping to be able to PC it before the AF hits next august since she waived until next august.

I would try again in six months put it down on your phone's calender to try again in six months. Look at the upside you are getting 1.5% cashback !!! 

1.5% is pretty awesome I will admit! Smiley Happy

I am starting to use my QS an lot more recently i rotate CSP and QS depending on my mood lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1652 of 2,931
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Keeping my butt in the garden this weekend. 

walmart fico up to 697! need to lower utility. 

its hard going back to cash especially with all these rewards. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1653 of 2,931
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

what motivates me to garden? 

as long as im making my payments on time, and letting inq's age off i dont really mind gardening. 

we all went a time without applying for anything until we were old enough too. 

im planning on refinancing my car next august, and a house in the next 3 years. 

my credit will be nice and long. maybe even another backdated amex Smiley Wink 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1654 of 2,931
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

What is keeping me in garden is little bumps in scores till the right offer comes around for an "certain" card lol. In genearl i just want to keep my scores up just in case i will ever need to use my credit for something like an emeregency or an loan like new car. I think next car i am thinking about getting is the 2017ish tesla if it ever comes out lol . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1655 of 2,931
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

On behalf of the GC club

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Have fun

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask. If we can't answer it we will point you in the right direction.

Tonight's question

I'm at a point in my credit journey where there are no cards currently being offered that fit my needs or that I feel the bonus is worth the HP which will affect me for the next 2 years. (MJ)

When I want to garden, it is the want of having my CRs in the perfect position to be approved for whatever my goal is. I plan very carefully and well ahead in order to reach whatever goal I set. Today, for instance, I reached my gardening goal, which was to have only 3 inqs in the last 12 months on EQ so that I can request cli on my two usaa cards, which I just did. My first two Credit Lines over 20k. Now it is back to gardening until I apply for Sallie Mae in Oct (I've been planning on this for around 8 mos. My arrival just hit the 6 month mark).

Hi ya Swapmeet, 

Very good answer to the question and I agree its much easier with a plan or goal in mind 

Congrats and keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1656 of 2,931
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

On behalf of the GC club

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Have fun

Tonight's question

Hi ya Swapmeet, 

Very good answer to the question and I agree its much easier with a plan or goal in mind 

Congrats and keep up the good work

Thanks bro.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1657 of 2,931
myjourney
Super Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

what motivates me to garden? 

as long as im making my payments on time, and letting inq's age off i dont really mind gardening. 

we all went a time without applying for anything until we were old enough too. 

im planning on refinancing my car next august, and a house in the next 3 years. 

my credit will be nice and long. maybe even another backdated amex Smiley Wink 

Hi ya creditnocash

Agreed it gets easier when just going about managing what you have ........Until something else is needed 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1658 of 2,931
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

What is keeping me in garden is little bumps in scores till the right offer comes around for an "certain" card lol. In genearl i just want to keep my scores up just in case i will ever need to use my credit for something like an emeregency or an loan like new car. I think next car i am thinking about getting is the 2017ish tesla if it ever comes out lol . 

Hi ya Mong 

You bring up a good point I'd forgotten about the added perks of watching scores go up and SP CLI's which is always nice 

The peace of mind of being able to handle an emergency is always a good feeling

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1659 of 2,931
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

Hey all!
 photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 1660 of 2,931
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.