@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongs

That's unfortunate. I hate cell phone carriers haha. Verizon is pricey. I only have them because they great coverage where I live. 

Yeah. Hopefully Amex starts offering you something soon Smiley Happy

Not holding my breath on amex i don't think i am the customer they target , it is what it is. I think they care more about new customers then keeping old ones. I am on an ancient att plan that is why i am still with them. VZW is really really expensive would be something like 25-30 more if i swithched. In addition to you not being able to use phoen overseas pretty much. 

They are expensive. I pay $200 for three lines. 

They are,  we are paying about 115 for two lines its not bad. But one line is iphone with only 250 mb, and no texting plan lol. 

Ours have unlimited minutes and text, and 4gb of shared data. I wish I still had unlimited data lol. 

I don't need unlimited data i am usually in areas where there are wifi. Last few months i rarely go above 2gb so 3 gb plan is fine for me. I don't talk on phone much , have over 2000 rollover minutes so that should be enough in addition to our 250 an month. I don't text much i use either fb messenger or Line to message people. So i guess that is where we cut down on things. 

I like to use the radio on my phone a lot. So I am a data abuser haha. We don't text much, but my mom and dad talk on the phone a lot. Business related. 

That makes sense I hardly ever use my phone for calling people lol. Is it an app for radio or the actual radio, cable company has wifi hotspots all over the tri state area in nyc ct and NJ so i have coverage almost everywhere i go. If i didn't have such an inexpensive plan, I would really contemplate going for pre paid plan like Tmobile. 150 min unlimted talk and text, and 5 gb of data an month. All for 35 bucks an month. 

Itunes radio. I don't like to listen to the same music over and over lol. 

Yeah, that would be great! So cheap haha. Sprint just rolled out new plans. But their coverage is so so. 

sprint data speedds are horrendous there is no way i would goto any carrier where i am getting dl speeds less than 1 mb/s . Its like going back to the dark ages. Oh i use songzaa or something like that for music. Itunes radio is pretty under rated but too bad its never going to leave ios ecosystem. I have songzaa and spotify to satisfy that requirement for me

I've never had Sprint haha. 

Woo hoo. Almost lunch time. 

Message 2561 of 2,931
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2014

Howdy garden club, 

Happy Monday. I'm checking in for the week. It is back to school for me today. On the credit front, there's not much to report. My EQ score keeps going up and down by 1 point. I wish it would get to 800 already!  I cancelled my SW subscription today and signed up for the new 3 Bureau Service. We'll see how it goes. Smiley Happy  

I hope everyone's doing well. Have a great week! 

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this happened:  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Capital-One-CLI/m-p/3376403#U3376403     Smiley Very Happy  

Message 2562 of 2,931
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

Howdy garden club, 

Happy Monday. I'm checking in for the week. It is back to school for me today. On the credit front, there's not much to report. My EQ score keeps going up and down by 1 point. I wish it would get to 800 already!  I cancelled my SW subscription today and signed up for the new 3 Bureau Service. We'll see how it goes. Smiley Happy  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Capital-One-CLI/m-p/3376403#U3376403     Smiley Very Happy  

Congrats roomie!!!!  Miss you lots, have a great semester in school Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 2563 of 2,931
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exciting.  4 more days!

Message 2564 of 2,931
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Thats super news.

Message 2565 of 2,931
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! That is awesome news!!!

I myself will be gardening for the rest of my life. I'm in debt up to my neck. We have a ton of equity in our house though and we're probably going to sell and use the profits for a downpayment on a new home and pay off some credit card debt.

Ugh. I hate being in debt!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 2566 of 2,931
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

Howdy garden club, 

Congrats roomie!!!!  Miss you lots, have a great semester in school Smiley Happy

Thank you roomie! It's so good to see you. Smiley Happy  You have been missed!  How are you doing? 

Message 2567 of 2,931
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Good morning everyone Smiley Happy 

I just got to work! I went on a hike yesterday. I am not sure if I can post a picture, but it was a pretty sweet spot haha. 

You didn't fall or anything so that is always an good sign when you go hiking !!!

I did not! I was actually practicing yoga at the top haha. My friend got a really good picture of me with the whole scenic view. 

Nice sounds like you had an fun weekend :-)

Yeah. It was nice Smiley Happy 

I started working right after graduation(I haven't walked, I decided to walk with my year; 2015). So after that's done, I am planning on giving myself a nice little gift. I'll be traveling and backpacking around Europe from Jun15-Jul15. My friend is tagging along. I am using my companion ticket from the Prestige. Round trip for two is 1.4K. However, I have enough Arrival miles to negate that cost to zero. Woo hoo. 

How was your weekend? 

Its fine other than rant i had on amex. I am annoyed at ATT an bit also for not unlocking my phone for when i goto thailand. I guess it will be airplane mode the whole time while i am there :-) Not having access to MR card for my planned trip in feb will make me have to change my plans an bit oh well. 

I am kind of excited to my trip to thailand leaving in less than two weeks. I am going to call chase and cap one later in the week to tell them we will be going internationally, so not to block my cards when i use it in either dubai or thailand. That would suck since CSP will probably be my main card i use over there. 

Dude just go to some place in manhattan and get somebody to unlock it for you Smiley Tongue

If it is an iphone i might be able to do it lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2568 of 2,931
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am still technically under contract that is why they won't do it, I pleaded that i have been customer of theirs for an really long time over 15 years, but to no avail. I am still contemplating rooting my phone and unlocking it myself, but i decided not worth it. I will just connect to whatever wifi spots they have around thailand. I was looking at international data rates , its high way robbery. Pay as you go for 1 mb of data its 20+ USD. 

With amex i am just going to play waiting game, i downgraded my BCP to BCE, going to put majority of spending in CSP and probably SM 

So?   threaten them you'll leave and see how that goes ... Retention department does a lot of things lol.  I left AT&T and had an unlimited data plan but I was going to leave them for T-mobile and they offered me a lower price and keeping my data plan and would of took them on it if I already wasn't in a T-mobile store trying to set my account up lol.

When I left T-mobile around 2010  I left them because of Horrible service in my house and this was before Wifi calling and the worse customer service i had with them and wanted to buy an iPhone. Had about 3 month left till the end of the contract and was going to pay the ETF and when i called telling them i was going to leave they offered me a HTC windows phone err the HD7 for free along with a new 2 year contract. Declined them but i have seen them offer crazy stuff before (cellphone companies)

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2569 of 2,931
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep reading all these posts about AMEX backdating.  I was just reviewing my credit report and lo and behold, I had an AMEX card since 2005.  Looks like I forgot about it and they closed it in 2012 when I filed for bankruptcy.  If I ever get another AMEX, will it backdate to 2005??

Message 2570 of 2,931
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.