Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

@tinuviel wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

Well, how fitting that I end the year in the garden – right where I started when I began this journey in January of this year.  I did leave several times during this year (mostly planned, but some impulsive apps in there, too), but I will hit 90 days app-free the middle of this month and will pick up my first silver spade to celebrate.Smiley Happy

This has been a great year for me, and I’ve learned so much from this forum.  I started with every CC nearly maxed out and an overall utilization of around 70-75%.  After aggressively paying down revolving debt, getting SP CLIs, and obtaining several new higher limit cards, my overall utilization is less than 10% and my scores have improved to what is noted in my signature line.

The primary goal for this month is to not go crazy with Christmas spending and keep myself on track to continue paying down revolving debt.  No urges to app for anything at this point, and that’s a good thing. 

You've done a fantastic job and have every reason to be pleased with yourself! Congratulations to you! I understand the discipline and effort that it takes to pay off debt and bring util down to an ideal level. I'm so happy that you've been able to reach your goals this year -- this is truly something to celebrate! May the coming year bring you much success as you continue on your credit journey. Smiley Happy

Thanks, tinu - this forum/the gardening thread has been great for me...

And I just read through the thread and saw your own score increases - congrats on the nice jump! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 21 of 297
Contributor

I was seriously tempted to apply for the Chase Freedom after seeing the 2013 categories, but I restrained myself and will wait until at least January to apply for the Amex BCE, since that will help my score more than the Chase.

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 22 of 297
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I've been in the garden for roughly 2 months. I'm waiting for my most recent inquiries to age past 6 months. While I wait my Discover card will become eligible for a 6 month cli and I'll also try for a cli on my two new G.E.C.R.B. issued cards probably once they hit four months. I want to have them all as close to 5k as possible so I have a better chance of being approved for the U.S. Bank Cash + when I'm ready.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 23 of 297
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

We can't do the holidays without sauerkraut balls at my house, so I'm adding those to the buffet. Smiley Wink

Still gardening with my first ever, shiny spade!  I'm deep in utilization "fertilizer" at the moment, trying to dig back out in the aftermath of the new home purchase.  New credit made it way to easy.  I just paid down a sizeable chunk and am still waiting on deposits to come back to pay down more. The rest, I'm still hoping for that NFCU 0%, otherwise, I'll just transfer it all and call it good.

It is quite the thrill, however, to log on and see that there are actually REWARDS and not annual fees reflecting in my accounts!

I'm thinking strategically and am hoping to perhaps refi my car in January, but if I step out, it will only be for that.  I need to wait and see where things are at that point.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 24 of 297
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Still here - no wants - no needs and lot's of available credit!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 25 of 297
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Still application free (10/09/12) and no itch whatsoever!!! A few more days and i reach the 2 month mark!!!!

Did get soft CLI on my Walmart from 600 to 2000, Macys from 1000 to 2500 and auto CLI on my WF secured CC from 3000 to 3500!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 26 of 297
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Too early for egg nog but 15-yr Scotch works just nicely when it's -9*C outside.  Slightly higher utilization this month but I am still going to be app free for another ~9 months.

On the bright side, I got a job promotion that I was looking for and with it comes a nice raise.  Smiley Happy  So I plan on contributing the majority of the extra money to a TFSA account.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 27 of 297
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Ahh.. another month tending to the garden! I look forward to getting my bronze spade later this month.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 28 of 297
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

I am normally terrible at gardening, but I am tired of getting shot down.  My plan of action is to  ask for CLI from Chase Freedom between May-August 2013.  I think I am resolves is foremost set for success.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 29 of 297
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

This is the first month i start gardening ... again, since i was approved for 3 cards last month, including my first Amex. I have no need to app for a while. I'm going to commit to gardening so I can have a high chance to be approved for CSP and an Amex revolver (going to wait till November 2013 for backdating goodness). But all in it's time, not now.

Happy gardening everyone!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 30 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.