Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

Definitely splurging on the most excellent mini-quiches still, though will be trying that bowl of wassail too Smiley Happy.  Sounds heavenly on a cold and wet day (for my S. Cali weakness to weather apparently).

Still firmly in the garden hoping for a mortgage next year; however, I was sort of expecting my FICO score to flatline around the 680 mark; however, it appears to be stuck now for the last 3 months at 643 for EQ Beacon 5.0.  Think I'll pull my reports from here on Jan 1st just to see but playing with balances and number of reporting non-zero, doesn't seem to have affected my score at all so there must be some limitation on bucketing or what not... not sure how I got to 646 at one point; hoping come January with my auto-inquiries and some of the other accounts I have turning one year that maybe things'll be happier.

Regardless, Merry Gardening in this Christmas month to all, and to all a good night (with warm wine, yum!)

        
Message 31 of 297
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Well i got my silver spade a few days ago. 

feb seems so far away for my gold. 

i got a cli from ae yesterday 400-700 over the phone no backdoor number

i joked with the rep about matching my 5k limit at walmart. she denied. 

i asked for 2500 but anything was better then the 400, since everytime ive used it, it looked maxed out. 

feet firmly in the garden until amex comes rolling around that is. 

i know i can last at least this month =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 32 of 297
brother7
Established Contributor

I entered the garden mid-Nov after a successful 5-card app spree. Went from 3 to 8 open cards.

With the drastic change in the # of cards and holiday spending, my util and % cards showing balance will be all over the place. I'm expecting my score to be a rollercoaster for the next 2-3 months. But I've got my finger on the pulse of my EQ FICO (myFICO), TU FICO (Walmart Discover), TU FAKO (Credit Karma), and EX FAKO (Quizzle and Credit Sesame).

I know it's a FAKO but I really like Credit Karma's service, especially the daily monitoring. Thanks to Quizzle's Black Friday deal, I've also got daily monitoring of EX for $4.20/month (regular $7).

Looking forward to my first spade in mid-Dec.

FInally, I think the Garden Club Meeting idea really helps to stay app-free. It's like a support group for app addicts... Application Anonymous! It also helps to keep away from the Credit Cards sub-forum Smiley Tongue

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 33 of 297
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Okay some questions/clarification from a new gardener here.  Since the goal here is to grow our gardens I have some questions regarding auto CLI's.

To qualify for auto CLI's is it best to use your cards sporadically and PIF?  Or by making a purchase and paying it off overtime (3 to 4 months) to show a good payment history. I just can't imagine buying something every month especially from the department store cards.  I do have monthly expenses that I do pay on my major CC's so those show some activity.

So which way is the most successful pattern to qualify for auto CLI's?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 34 of 297
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Still in the garden with a small CLI on one card (soft pull). Waiting to see if other CLI requests resulted in a hard pull to see if I can move on from my seedling.
Happy Gardening and Happy Holidays!

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 35 of 297
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

In the Garden for exactly 6 months until I apply for my mortage through NFCU Smiley Happy

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 36 of 297
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I am joining you in the garden now...I just applied and was approved for two cards last month (Nov 2012) and a couple of CLI's from existing cards so I need to be here a while to let my cards age a bit. Especially since I completed my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving - I have balances now that need to be paid Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 297
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Rhaeny wrote:

Okay some questions/clarification from a new gardener here.  Since the goal here is to grow our gardens I have some questions regarding auto CLI's.

To qualify for auto CLI's is it best to use your cards sporadically and PIF?  Or by making a purchase and paying it off overtime (3 to 4 months) to show a good payment history. I just can't imagine buying something every month especially from the department store cards.  I do have monthly expenses that I do pay on my major CC's so those show some activity.

There's no need to spread out payments over more than one billing cycle, and it's especially undesirable to do so if you're being charged interest.  Like you, I put my monthly expenses on my major (as opposed to store) cards, thus showing activity and earning rewards. Since these are planned, monthly expenses, they are always PIF, thus preventing me from piling up debt. As far as department store cards, I've received increases on my JC Penney card, even though I don't use it every month. So it sounds to me like you're on a good course -- use your major cards regularly and PIF; use your store cards when doing so would be to your advantage, but not necessarily every month.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 38 of 297
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Staying in the garden another months, reaching my silver spade on Jan 5th ... and will loose it shortly after, for I want to got for an Amex revolver (max backdating) and Wally (TU Fico). After that I am back to the garden, have everything I want and will let those nice seedlings grow.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 39 of 297
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

There's no need to spread out payments over more than one billing cycle, and it's especially undesirable to do so if you're being charged interest.  Like you, I put my monthly expenses on my major (as opposed to store) cards, thus showing activity and earning rewards. Since these are planned, monthly expenses, they are always PIF, thus preventing me from piling up debt. As far as department store cards, I've received increases on my JC Penney card, even though I don't use it every month. So it sounds to me like you're on a good course -- use your major cards regularly and PIF; use your store cards when doing so would be to your advantage, but not necessarily every month.

Okay thanks!  This is what I will continue to do then.  I have some store cards that I am carrying a balance on, but I am doing the snowball on them to minimize the interest.  That way I can choose how much interest I am willing to pay.  In most cases it hasn't amounted to hardly anything....like maybe twenty dollars (they are small amount balances).  But I was doing that to just show some payment history and to give me a little time to pay-over-time for some bigger purchases.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 40 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.